How to Beat Chicago in the Playoffs/Vulnerabilities

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Apr 28, 2007.

1. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

The Stones counterparts do hold vast quickness advantages over Kapono, Payton, Walker (a 3/4).

And then the Bigs. Only Webber is as slow as Shaq or Zo and one of those 2 was ALWAYS on the court for Miami. I'd probably say all the Pistons bigs move better than Haslem (except Webber) also.

Williams, a defensive spectator at best, is not faster than Chauncey defensively and Mr. Big packs power and prowess along with that speed. On offense though I would agree Williams is faster.

Posey and Tay are very similar but I think Tay doesn't get the credit he deserves athletically.
  2. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

3. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Everyone looks over Ben Gordon, he's 5'11" :)

Seriously speaking I agree he is a scary cat to play against when HOT, a lot like having to face a vintage microwave, or Isiah (minus the PG skills).
  4. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Why so much love for Flip?
  5. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

I'm getting called a hater, when everybody else here is hating on Flip jr, Flip Sr, and Lindsey?

:pound:

PS. I was kidding. Flip forgets more about basketball each day than this whole board combined will EVER KNOW.

Of course that won't stop me from 2nd guessing his every move. Like making 0 adjustments vs the Cavs last year in the 2nd round.
  6. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Excellent breakdown Str. All of my thoughts and more, Tay isn't given enough credit for his athleticism, I have no doubt that Tay will arrive this coming Saturday.

He is goign to make things tough for Deng, no doubt, Tay has always risen for the big games, (See Pacer series, running down the court to block reggie's shot, on Kobe like a cheap suit, CLASSIC).

He's an athlete and a darn good one at that.

Hopefully, Dupree will get some burn, he will be a significant cog in Deng's wheels.

Just let me say, Sheed will get in Nocioni's head, remember last year when Sheed was raining three pointers and calling "ball don't lie, he also played excellent defense on Nocioni, this is going to be fun watching this matchup, Sheed will win this one especially if he stays aggressive and don't start complaining about calls.

GO PISTONS and again thanks for the excellent breakdown.
  7. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

In 04' Kobe did as much shutting down Kobe (by being a puss and not driving to the hoop, and not passing, and being a puss) as Tay did.

That being said Tay was enough of a defensive force to make Kobe "Tap Out"

Super Dupree would be a great 5 mins a game D guy. He matches up well Physically with Noccioni also.
  8. mikhail1973

My sentiments exactly. I think that the only team that can beat Pistons in the East is Pistons themselves. And judging by the Magic series, they are not about to let it happen.
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Man, if Dupree is valuable now, then we should have given him some time in those last games of the season to sharpen him up. This guy got ignored all year. Given that, I don't see any chance of Flip actually inserting him a close playoff game unless Tay and Delfino foul out of the game. Even then, I would expect to see Lindsey Hunter on Deng before Dupree.

I heard that Dupree really improved his jumper over the past 2 years too. He needs to go to an up-tempo team if he is ever going to make his mark.
  10. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

I was angling more for him just 'cancelling out' Noccioni for a few mins.

I agree with all of that, I just think he could give a good change of pace and desperately needed rest to Tay.

Although Mad Max would more than likely get that assignment.
  11. mikhail1973

Will Flip trust with any significant minutes to JMax and Dup, and will he give AJ some burn? That remains to be seen.
  12. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

JMax might get some minutes, but why would anyone think that Dupree or Amir will? We're talking about two guys with 27 appearances and 218 minutes all season...combined.
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That's all I'm saying. Should and will are in seperate universes here.

To quote Munny from Unforgiven, "deserve's got nothing to do with it."
  14. mikhail1973

Why would we say that they should get time? It probably depends more on how things are, how the other guys are performing. And we don't know how well they are going to do. I know for sure that Amir would help on the glass, other than that not sure? JMax is guaranteed for a couple of blocks, Dup will probably play some solid D, but other than that what will they give us? Amir only played in 4 games, JMax was inconsistent, and Dup, well, we all know how that played out.
  15. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

That is what I am expecting. However, if The Prince can't do it we are in big big trouble. If Deng and Hinrich average over 40 points a game in this series we are toast and I mean burnt toast.

No reason to fear Gordon. Let him get his 30 here and there as long as he doesn't get 40.

Now why does it make a difference if Deng and Hinrich get 40 a game as opposed to Gordon and Hinrich. Because of the way that Gordon scores and how it affects the overall flow of the game. When Deng and Hirnrich are scoring Chicago becomes virtually impossible to stop because Gordon will get his regardless.

However, when Gorden is scoring a lot it usually means that Hinrich and Deng are not scoring a lot.

I haven't actually checked it but from the Bulls games I have seen I would venture to say that Chicago has probably lost very very few when Deng and Hinrich have been the numbers 1 and 2 in scoring. (Only looking at the games since Gordon has started and not those when he was coming off the bench). On the other hand if Gordon led them in scoring and Deng and Hinrich were held to under 25 I bet the Bulls are an under .500 team.

:hoops:
  16. mikhail1973

17. mikhail1973

18. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

I agree with all of this.

We need to grind their ass in the halfcourt and then spring traps on them at random times.

Lindsey "Old Man River" Hunter will be a key to this series.

And might I say I'm a big Buddha fan also. I wish the stones of 07 would have made a similar acquisition to what the Pistons did in acquiring Edwards in 88'.
  19. mikhail1973

You mean you're not talking about the guy from the "Police Academy" movies?

:pound: :pound: :pound:
  20. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Hightower?

I don't get it, sorry, the little linky thing happened automatically.

James Edwards (basketball)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
    James Edwards Position Center League NBA Height 7'0" Weight 225 lb Nationality [​IMG] United States Born November 22, 1955
    Seattle, Washington College Washington Draft 3rd round, 46th overall, 1977
    Los Angeles Lakers Pro career 1977–1996 James Franklin "Buddha" Edwards (born November 22, 1955 in Seattle, Washington, USA) is a former professional basketball player. A 7' 0" center from the University of Washington, Edwards spent 19 years (1977-1996) in the NBA, playing for eight teams: the Los Angeles Lakers, the Indiana Pacers, the Cleveland Cavaliers, the Phoenix Suns, the Detroit Pistons, the Los Angeles Clippers, the Portland Trail Blazers, and the Chicago Bulls. Though he never appeared in an All-Star Game, Edwards was a strong rebounder and reliable defender who played key roles on several championship teams: the 1989 and 1990 Detroit Pistons and the 1996 Chicago Bulls. He retired in 1996 with 14,862 career points and 6,004 career rebounds.
    In the final game day of the 1995-96 season, in a contest between the Bulls and the Washington Bullets, both he and opposing guard Ledell Eackles were ejected for fighting. Both were suspended for one game to be served at the start of the next season, however, neither ended up serving their punishment as Edwards had already retired, and Eackles did not return to the NBA until two seasons later.