Hunter Back In Rotation

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Feb 19, 2008.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

There goes the season and the playoffs.

Spot minutes I can live with, but back in the rotation. Are you kidding me?

1. Who will fall out of the select 12. My guess it will most likely be AA, because he and Hunter are pretty redundant, though it could be Herrmann or Brezec. With AJ's progress I don't see Herrmann or Brezec getting any playoff minutes unless there is an injury or if they are on the bench during a blowout so it could be one of them.

2. Will Hunter be the first guard off the bench during the playoffs? This would not surprise me.

3. How many minutes a game for Hunter? My guess is about 10. Figure 40 minutes for Rip and 35 for C-Bill during the playoffs leaves Stuckey with about 10 minutes per game in the playoffs.

Spot minutes for Hunter I can live with. Back in the rotation would be total disaster.

Hopefully McKrapsky meant the word rotation to refer to Hunter being included in the 12 and not really in the rotation. I will not watch any games with Hunter in the rotation. Hunter can no longer break down the defense. Our offense is a disaster with him in it.

Am I over reacting. I sure hope so.

Hunter go away. Please.

:hoops:

Pieces are all set for stretch
  2. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

My wild guess is that Lindsey will frighten his enemies with traps at the end of 2nd and maybe 3rd Q and it is enough. Sometimes it helps.
  3. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Spot minutes for Lindsey?...big deal. Makes sense if we want to use him in the playoffs. And I think he will be needed at times in the playoffs.
  4. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

He is more like a insurance policy in case of rooks can't handle PO pressure. And it seems that Lindsey, in addition to oppnents, frightens buddafan too.
  5. buddahfan

Spot minutes.

Don't kid yourself.

Go back and read your Pistons history.

Hunter was the guy that replaced Zeke

Hunter played alongside Joe D. when Hunter first entered the league.

Hunter and Joe D. have been the best of friends for over 15 years.

This move is a Joe D. not a Flipper thing.

I expect Hunter to replace Stuckey as the 1st guard off of the bench.

This will be a friggen disaster.

Make no mistake about it.

6. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

7. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Hmmm ... not sure what to think about this. Have to see how it all plays out. Perhaps Stuckey and Hunter can be a crippling trap combo much the way Hunter and Mike James were.

Looks like AA could be the odd man out for now.
  8. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hunter hasn't played in months and could be needed come playoff time. Not sure what the big deal is. Assuming Murray isn't traded I wouldn't be surprised to see him get some gametime closer to the end of the season too.
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Awesome. Great to have Lindsey back. This will allow our rookies to be fresh for the playoffs.
  10. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

As I said in a different thread a while back, I think this probably comes down to who gets the minutes between Lindsey and AA. We've seen that Lindsey can still be useful for ball-hawking D against backup point guards and opportunistic scoring in the open floor, just so long as he doesn't have to be the primary backup ball handler to CB (which inevitably destroys the offense). And with Stuckey rounding out as the main backup for running the offense, Lindsey's strengths as a crafty vet can possibly make more of a difference, which we've seen in the wins so far this season at Boston and at San Antonio.

AA does good things off the bench as well, and he's probably more versatile as a defender than Lindsey because he's bigger, but what he brings is pretty similar to what Lindsey can do. So who do we think will be more reliable in the playoffs, in what will probably be more of a spot minutes role than a regular rotation thing anyway--the crafty vet or the solid but still inexperienced rookie? For this year's playoffs, it makes sense to have Lindsey still there as an option.
  11. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

they said not until mid-march to bring him back, and i am all for the move. look, i love AA's game, but for this year's playoffs i'd rather have hunter. while AA is solid, he is not going to change a game by himself. hunter can, and we've already seen it this year.

so your bench unit is max, amir, hayes, hunter, and stuckey - any one of those guys can alter the momentum and be a difference maker, and we've seen in the playoffs how important that can be for individual games.
  12. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

:pound:
  13. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

:pound:

Like Mickey D's... I'm lovin' it.
  14. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

I think LH helps us against the smaller quicker guards in the league. AA is better against the bigger guards. It gives us 2 options depending upon the competition. They both bring the defensive intensity it is just one can handle the quicker players and one can handle the bigger players.

Spot minutes so LH is ready for the Play Offs makes sense to me. As long as they are spot minutes and doesn't take away too much from AA's development.
  15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I wouldn't panic over this move. With 30 games left in the season, we do need to activate Hunter at some time so he isn't totally rusty come playoff time. I don't see him taking Stuckey's minutes, but probably AA's.

Also the bench has played great so far, but we did see a couple of games during this current streak when a 20+ point 4th qtr lead were sliced in half and Flip was over their sweating and twitching with Curry hiding the panic switch from him..:) if that happens again, maybe a small ball 3 guard rotation with Stucky, Hunter and Alf maybe worth experimenting with.
  16. buddahfan

Let me make this perfectly clear. :pound::pound:

I am not at all against activating Hunter and removing Brezec or Herrmann.

I totally agree that Hunter can help us is certain spot situations.

But McKrapsky said "put back in the rotation". I take that to mean to be the 1st guard off of the bench during the playoffs not just getting spot minutes.

It is the possibility of him becoming the 1st guard off of the bench in the playoffs that has me upset, not him being reactivated for spot minute duty of which I approve.

17. buddahfan

I am in a panicky mode this morning, so I will panic all I like, justified or not.

18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That's OK, as long as you are not twitching:)
  19. Murph

Murph First Round Draft Pick

Wasn't this move expected? Hunter certainly has a lot more to offer than Fabio. And in certain situations, I could definitely envision Hunter adding a valuable defensive presence in the playoffs.

I'm fine with adding Hunter to the 12 man active playoff roster. JUST DON'T GIVE HIM A CONTRACT EXTENSION.
  20. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I guess it depends on your definition of "back in the rotation." If Lindsey is slated to get spot minutes that were previously going to AA, I'd say that counts as being "back in the rotation," even though it wouldn't (in the scenario I'm envisioning) cut much into Stuckey's minutes, certainly not as the backup ball-handler behind CB. I don't see much reason to assume that McCoskey meant "Lindsey will be the first guard off the bench," unless that's the only definition you're willing to accept for "back in the rotation."