1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Hunter hurting

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Dec 4, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Davis rejoins teammates - 12/04/06 - The Detroit News Online
    Sounds like it is time to unleash the Blalock....

2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

This may sound wierd to some, but I was hoping someone would get slightly injured early in the season to allow our youngens to get some burn.

What a great time to get Blalock some PT. You never know he could be needed come April, May, or June!!!!!!!

3. roscoe36

More news
    DETNEWS | Weblog | Pistons

4. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

If the Pistons have to bring in another PG, why the hell did they draft Blalock??

5. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Time to let Delfino play the point. Blaylock will make mistakes. Not that I have a problem with that, he's a rook, let him learn. The East is a wreck, I've never seen a season where our record will be so irrelevant. We just don't need the wins.

However, Flip is intolerant of rookie mistakes, so expect to see Flip "1.5 assists per game" Murray playing the point. Sad thing is Murray has been growing on me but he's going to be exposed at the point; he can't run an offense, and his D sucks, but he's the closest Detroit's had to a Microwave in a long time.

Do the right thing Flip, play the rook or move Delfino down to point.

6. himat

himat Bench Warmer

If things don't get a little better it will be worse than a wreck. If Detroit or Orlando starts doing bad the East will be a laughing stock.

7. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

I was also hoping this too. I really want to see Maxiell play. When that guy plays he is my favorite Piston. The guy has alot of heart. I really think he could be a consistent scorer off the bench, but it looks like he's going to sit on the bench all year unless someone gets injured :(

8. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

It's so true although sounded weirder than the weidest. I love LH and I wish him every good luck.

9. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

He may be activated but do you think Dolphin, err...Flip will play him??? Both Delfino and JMax has been 'activated' all season long and yet they still get no burns in some games. Reality check....Flip will still play Flip Junior at PG no matter how bad he plays and CB will average 40-42 mins til Hunter returns.

10. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I'm for letting Delfino run the point. Whatever keeps him on the floor. I'd rather one of our bench players contribute in multiple areas rather than dispersing randomn minutes to a variety of players on this team. It would be good to get some strong young player development out of somebody!

11. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I'm for it too but will Flip???

12. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree. His game seems better suited to distribution, drive and dish, etc. than standing in the corner waiting for a pass - one might make that argument about Prince too. (Though Delfino had a great catch and shoot three in the game before last - one continous sweet motion.) Maybe he isn't a nifty enough dribbler to bring the ball up against pressure, but I'd see that proved before not taking advantage of what seems like a nice fit between Delfino and the point spot.

13. roscoe36

The problem with Delfino running the point, or most other PGs for that matter, is that Flip's system needs someone who can run a disciplined attack, not a free style offense.

The proof is in Hunter's work on the floor. Not only is he not a very good PG, but he doesn't run Flip's offense well. Arroyo also suffered from the same issues when he was unable to create, he looked bad.

Delfino is a good ball handler and a ready passer, but how far along he is in the playbook will really determine his success.

I'd really start to see Blalock groomed in this system. Flip is going to be here a long time, and Willie B is his chance to develop a PG from scratch.

It burns me up that we let guys like Derek Anderson sign last season with the Heat, and this season with Charlotte. DA has a lot of game left. Certainly enough to come off our bench for 10 MPG as a combo guard.

14. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I hear you bro, I just find it less likely. Blaylock won't be getting any burn this year.

We all know that Flip likes to stick with a core of players. I see Delfino being used similiar to how Marko Jaric is being used in Minnesota. This would do wonders for his confidence. Blaylock has time, Delfino's days are numbered here if he isn't given more time to shine.

15. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

With Hunter out officially now, I expect to see tears of joy from some of the Hunter Haters in chat tonight.

16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

What was wrong with Delk?

17. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

When he said, "I believe that my abilities can be better served elsewhere".