I Am Really Steaming - Boy Am I Ticked

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Jan 30, 2007.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

I saw all three of these plays described below:
    ---------------------------------------------

Obie-Wan gets a one game suspension for accidently hitting Manu Ginobili with an elbow/forearm after releasing the ball on a shot.

But two Desert Smurf guys get zero, not even a flagrant in last Sunday's game against the Cadaviers.

What were their crimes that went unpunished?

1. An elbow to the face that drew blood
    2. A kick in the face that drew blood.

Neither of these guys were even called for a foul, not a regular foul, not a flagrant one or flagrant two, which is what you get when you draw blood. Of course neither one got suspended because The Stern Gang was hoping that the Smurfs could continue their winning streak.

Sometimes I think that the guys that run the NBA should be in charge of the circus instead.

Boy am I steaming.

ESPN.com - NBA - Bryant 'blown away' by one-game suspension

:obiwan::mad:
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I saw thay play in which manu was knocked down. I don't doubt that it didn't hurt him, but based on his history, he did appear to be milking the situation.

I don't think Kobe's actions were intentional, but you never know. When Manu went down, Kobe looked down at him for just a half second and just walked back to the bench showing no remorse or concern if the Manu's eye was knocked out or not.

That may have been a cause for the suspension as the NBA sensitivity police were reviewing the tape and decided sit him and collect some of his payroll. Or maybe thay wanted the knicks to win one tonight:)

Either way, the NBA chiefs are still treating the players like they are kids and are clueless of what is really going on.
  3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Looked pretty intentional to me. he releases the ball and as he's coming down his arm lashes out to the side. GIving him the benefit of the doubt maybe he was trying to clear space. Suspension? nah. technical? yeah.
    If manu was lying on the floor like that I'd step on him like christian laettner.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

5. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Thanks for the video, Roscoe.

Ok, don't even get me started here... Anything coming out of Kobe's mouth (whether pleas of innocence or claims that ARENAS shoots too much) is B.S., IMHO.

OK, the foul...

Intentional? HELL YES.

Ginoboli acting? Somewhat. We know his history.

Suspension worthy? NO. Not by NBA standards. That stuff happens a lot.
  6. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Now that I've watched the video several times Zapruder-style, I have no doubt it was intentional. Kobe wants people to think whipping his arm out like that is part of his normal follow through. Yeah, right. There's no way Mr. 81 points is that clumsy.
  7. barbara SanAntone

barbara SanAntone First Round Draft Pick

SA Exp News says Pop and Manu felt the blow was unintentional. :sssh:
  8. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Ridiculous.

That was a borderline loose ball foul on Bryant - and one that went uncalled.
  9. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Stern is ruining the game with his antics. Kobe was simply trying to draw a foul after his shot got block by initiating some contact. It is not his fault if Manu is to stupid to get his face out of the way. Maybe it was worthy of a loose ball foul or even a small fine 5K but not a one game suspension. Stern has turned the NMB into the WNBA( WUSS National Basketball Association.)
  10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

What if that had been Rip or CB?
  11. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Rip would have been thrown out of the game. Chauncey would have gotten free throws.
  12. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Jackson made the right call. It was intentional and the only way to get things through most of the players is to hit them over the head with a 2x4.

If you continue to mouth-off you will get hit with a T...this is verbal abuse. Physical abuse is intentional and could easily shorten the season/career of a player and put most teams out on the short lease making the playoffs...especially in the west.

Kobe was disingenuous and a liar. This hurt his reputation, or what's left of it. I might also add that I consider him the most complete player in the NBA, so I am not getting carried away with this.

A wrong is a wrong is a wrong.
  13. LA Dre

The local radio here had a fit over this suspension today saying that "their boy" Kobe was innocent. It's the same station that broadcast the Laker games and Mychal Thompson the Laker "color" analyst who was in NYC with the team basically said that Kobe was on pins and needles at the hotel waiting for Stu Jackson to consider his appeal.

That $235,000 is alot mulah that Kobe's little girls will miss out on.
  14. rdang

rdang First Round Draft Pick

Since its Manu, I don't trust anything being called an offensive foul (nevermind a suspension) when it comes to him. His reputation proceeds him as one of the best (or worst depending on how you see it) floppers in NBA history.

I don't like, and the fact that Kobe's on my damn fantasy team during my comeback into the top 6 for playoffs blows more. I expect him to lash out next game big time on the court.
  15. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

What is this? Golf?
  16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

It looked like Kobe wanted to move Ginno out of the way. And over reacted. Kobe should've admitted his wrong. Hey it happens when you're a proud guy him and Shaq.
    ----
    Rip would've flopped and pretented it hurt even though he has a mask on.
  17. LA Dre

Yeah Manu not only flops but knees and kicks too:yuck:
    YouTube - Amare kneed in the giggleberries
  18. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

You guys missed my point. Sorry, I must not have been very clear. I don't believe I said Obie-Wan should not have gotten suspended. Maybe he should have, or maybe he shouldn't have. But if you look at what he did to Manu vs what the two Phoenix Smurfs did to the two Cadaviers on a nationally televised game their action was clearly worse.

So my point was that the treatment handed out by Jackson to Obie-Wan was inconsistant and prejudicial compared to the non-treatment handed out to the two Desert Smurfs. That is what got me upset.

:hoops:
  19. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

i really have trouble following who you are talking about. i need a cheat sheet. :pound:
  20. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

He did it again. He nailed Jaric last night in what was called a "carbon copy" of the Manu play, and may receive a suspension.

Poor Kobe must just be "accident prone", I guess.:rolleyes: