1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

I Had a Dream that Nazr Thunder Dunked Over Ben When the Bulls Came to Town

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Sep 24, 2006.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

What a dream. Nazr blocked 6 of Ben shots, posterized him on a put back slam. Nazr plays with reckless abandon.....the crowd goes wild everytime Nazr touches the ball.

Each time Nazr rimmed one through, Mason sounds off with NANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZEEEEEEEEEER

The game went down to the last .08 seconds, Ben hard fouled Nazr.......most thought it was a flagrant........Nazr goes to the line and sinks both free throws. Game over when Nazr blocks #6 when Ben tries to score with 1.1 seconds left.........Game over.

Nazr gets the game ball.

2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Nice dream A-girl. You lost me though when Ben was trying to score with 1.1 seconds left.

If Scott Skiles tries that with 1.1 seconds left they will run him out of CHI-Town..................:pound:

3. armygirl

Hey Dlev, show your right, I didn't believe it either, Ben was actually their first option, the go to guy.

4. Dlev59

Go to Guy????

Wow, sounds more like a nightmare............

5. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

I'll step out and say Nazr dunking on Ben is not a dream, but a prediction. Nazr's gotta know he's got some HUGE shoes to fill.

Not to put unrealistic expectations on the guy, but first time we play da Bulls I'm lookin for Nazr to do precisely that! Make a statement.

Nazr should know he ain't got time for fartin around. I expect he'll come to camp in shape and ready to go. Then we can introduce him to the concept of "hustle."

Nazr, you ready?

6. linwood

linwood All-Star

I'm looking forward to watching Nazr play. He was really good with UK, and despite the Nazr bashing, he was a good enough starting center to win a Ship with the well balanced Spurs.

7. linwood

linwood All-Star

I'm looking forward to watching Nazr play. He was really good with UK, and despite the Nazr bashing, he was a good enough starting center to win a Ship with the well balanced Spurs.

On the other hand...

YouTube - Tyson Chandler blocks Nazr for the Win

8. armygirl

I am a big time Nazr fan. Plan on Naz making a statement when Ben comes to town. I cannot WAIT for this game. I also liked Nazr a lot when he was with UK.

Count me in as a Nazr supporter.

9. detteam

detteam All-Star

I hope Nazr makes a statement LONG before Ben comes back. I will always appreciate Ben for what he gave to Detroit. If Nazr can inspire the team half as much as Ben...we might have a chance. Nazr's put in the position of trying to fill some pretty big shoes.

10. armygirl

Hey Linwood nice picture, where was it taken. it looks familiar.

11. max

max All-Star

Will he get to take 6 shots? Its going to be interesting how much of the offense Skiles lets Ben be involved in. I have a feeling that Bens offensive aspirations are not going to fly very well with that team.

Mohamed has a nice fresh start here. Lot of players respond well to that and hopefully Mohamed will be one of them. He did have problems in SAN but was a lot better with NY so he does have the potential.

12. linwood

linwood All-Star

Those are some local neighborhood kids near Joseph Campau. They were playing BBall in a yard and making great shots. I asked if I could take some pictures, and they got really excited. Two of the kids had championship belts that they posed with!

13. Dlev59

Joseph Campau & what? I have some cousins that live over that way on Mackay. But he can`t ball though. Nevermind.........:rolleyes:

14. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

I though that was the really shocking part of the dream.

15. Dlev59

Exactly.

Watch Big Ben forget all about his offensive prowess with the Bulls next year. I can`t wait to hear the excuse he gives for getting perhaps less shots in Chicago`s offense tha he got with the Pistons.

You better believe someone will ask about it!

16. linwood

linwood All-Star

Heh! I can't remember exactly, but they were pretty good, so it's probably not your cousins!:)

They were playing on an old Detroit style lawn (you know the type, a little bumpy with big tree roots running through it) so they couldn't dribble. No fancy crossovers, but they could really pass and shoot! I guess you don't really need to dribble in the "new" NBA either. Just tuck the ball under your arm and away you go!

17. Dlev59

Lol, yeah I remember playing ball on a hoop in back of somebody`s garage in 30 degree weather, with a 20 MPH wind!!

There were no jumpers there!! You had to go strong baby.... and there was no free chili either!!!!!!!

18. himat

himat Bench Warmer

He just doesn't understand right now. He played in the most unselfish front court even thoguh we had arguably the best frontcourt in the league. CB, and Rip are not ballhogs either.

He'll miss this team just watch. Unfortunantly the Pistons will miss Ben too. Hopefullly Nazr just does his best, that's all we can ask for.

19. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

He won't miss what we are now, but he will miss being on the team that we were.

20. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

:nod: Yeah well I miss being a fan of the team that we were. I'm so glad I recorded the Larry Brown Pistons in 2005. I look back fondly at that beeeeyuuuutiful lockdown defense and even those charming shooting droughts.:inlove: I wish I had recorded our 2004 title year playoffs games:doh: but that was my Pistons fan infancy and I didn't know what I was seeing yet.

:focus: If Skiles uses Ben "the right way" Ben will be too happy to complain about the offense. Ben wanted to be an integral part of the game. Flip put him on a back burner. I trust that Chicago will use his strengths and value them. I'd be very surprised to see him sitting in the last quarter of a critical playoff game.