I knew pacers would fall apart

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by himat, Dec 12, 2005.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

it's not totally broken down, but you can see it coming unless somehow they can get a good deal out of artest. no one can lead this team ever since reggie left, and i had a feeling this would happen in the summer. some people thought the pacers would be much better with Sarunas including micro a b-ball genius. it could happen, but it doesn't look that way. now who's left in the east for the pistons? i thought san antonio would have an easier time getting the best record than the pistons since they are in the west. now yet again it seems the west is deeper than the east, but it could come to the pistons advantage.
  2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Plus Stephen Jackson is stinking it up. Tinsley is perpetual day to day. Maybe a trade would improve the team. Artest may be talented but he's not a leader. The pacers still have very good players and maybe all that's needed is a guy that can provide some leadership. He doesn't have to be great either. Just very good.
  3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

i agree with you a guy with more leadership will definently help the team, but it won't help them beat the pistons. the pisrtons no matter what have better chemistry, and leadership even if they get a good leader, and team player. now the pistons definently have the talent edge with artest gone.
  4. Pastor Flournoy

Pastor Flournoy First Round Draft Pick

Who is going to trade a good leader for Ron Artest. I see him out west or to non-contendor. Peja move would be Kings best offer I bet.
  5. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

In the NBA sick talent is like enormous hooters on a hot chick to some GM's. It makes all the blood flow out of their head.

Himat: It won't help them beat the pistons today. But the season is long and things can happen. If they take their current team and improve on it slightly, they would be in position to take advantage of whatever comes. But yeah it looks like their days of being a bona fide contenda is about over. The chemistry problems go beyond artest. Its kind of interesting how you exchange a Reggie in the twilight of his career for Artest in his prime and look what happens.
  6. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

team is a wreck

i posted it in the thread pacers shopping ronnie bender is retireing. he is not a contributer in any way but he could have been a throw in on a ronnie deal. who thinks that the bulls will beat out the pacers in the division now
  7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

i don't think the bulls will, but cleveland probably will id indy can't figure out something.
  8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I see it now...MCA is trojan. The Pace sneak him out and MCA dismantles that team from the inside. Clever clever, now who's the sucker?
  9. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

11. himat

himat Bench Warmer

thanks, man i have forgotten all the little problems with this team after reading that. sucks for sarunas though:ohwell:.

you know i too now think pacers would still be better off with artest because he's not the only chemistry problem on that team, and he had talent unlike the others. heat is definently the pistons match in the east now.
  12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

13. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Ron makes Isiah Artest-y, by Peter Vecsey

From the NY Post, Peter puts LB and MCA in the same nut job sentence. Back in 02-03 Zeke wanted to keep MCA off the playoff roster because he was such a boob.
    ...He quotes LB saying, David Robinson is a coach killer. And he traded Bobby Jones for George McInnis. Said Dan Issel has no heart.
    ...He said Zeke maniplulated J Oneal to asking management to trade Artest, Mercer and Tinsley.
    ...Zeke finally just said, I won't trade any of my young talent for Artest.
    ...Meanwhile the vet. Knicks can't learn anything. So they are playing the young.
  15. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

This Artest debacle could be the best thing that happens to the Pistons this season... latest word (from Rod Thorn) is that Ronnie is heading out West.... perfect.
    The Pacers strength at SF/SG was a matchup concern for the Pistons.... however we have to assume the Pacers will get a good talent in return (J.O. ain't dealin' with Ronnie no mo)... but Walsh admits he won't get equal value.

Could this be the straw that knocked the Pacers off the Pistons radar?

Off topic a bit but I look at this as a make or break year for the Heat also...
    they've mortgaged their future for a championship... Shaq could start a fast decline in his mid 30's.. and Dwade will cost them a max deal.
    Riley is a chicken sheet the way he jumped back in as soon as Shaq came back.