I like the Spurs' model for us..

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Blue, you think that Monroe is "already about what Duncan is (now) on defense"? Really?
    blueadams likes this.
  2. blueadams

blueadams Banned - Sent to NBDL

Damnit. No. But he's the same damned size and almost the same athletically. He should/could be.
  3. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

That is one great summation.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

you guys are underrating gm because he plays for a turble team.
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Blue, you don't think we should take that Greek guy anymore with our 1st pick? You said he should go first overall, right?
  6. max

max All-Star

I do believe that 04 team would have won more than one if not for losing some guys due to cap restrictions. Back then you could not go over to sign 2nd rounders yet - lost Okur. Plus they changed some of the defensive rules on us.

Duncan has aged so well , that's been the difference. None of our old guys have played like that at his age.
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This means that Okur, Mike James and Corliss Williamson were much more valuable sustaining a run than McDyess, Lindsey Hunter and Carlos Arroyo were the following year....even though we were one made three by Horry of possibly duplicating the back2back than the Bad Boys accomplish 15 years before that.
  8. max

max All-Star

I thought Hunter was on the 04 team?

Anyway, I think they were a notch worse in 05 with the depleted bench, Dyess had to do the job of 2 players. Plus we lost some others here and there. Then in 06 and later when Flip came and eventually Ben left we were just not good enough anymore.
  9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hunter was indeed on the 04 team and. It's just that James had more of an impact than Hunter who between the two of them was the first guard off the bench in the early games, but it was Hunter who saw more work in the finals as he and Elden Campbell came off the bench to reek supporting havoc vs their old Laker team. Hunter had previously picked up a ring with the Lakers in 2002, so when you think of all of those Pistons greats from those 90's and and early 2000 teams just remember that Lindsey has two rings and Billups, Hamilton, Sheed, Big Ben and Tay have one, and Grant Hill has zero...

Also remember that the guy we drafted in 2003, Darko has one unearned ring, but a guy we could have, but never would have drafted, DWade has three..... I guess he could have came off the bench behind Rip for 2 years and got those three in Detroit:gaah: