I need some help

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by DaviaG-Rap, Oct 26, 2005.

1. DaviaG-Rap

DaviaG-Rap First Round Draft Pick

In one league I have a lineup of:

PG-Francis
    SG- Jaric ugh?
    G- Mike James ugh?
    SF- LeBron
    PF- Gasol (Traded for Jalen Rose and Hedo Turkolgu)
    F- Boozer
    C- Big Ben
    Util- Swift
    Bn- Dunleavy
    Bn- Pachulia
    Bn- V.Lenard
    Bn- Smush Parker

Obviously my front court is pretty strong, especially if Swift continues to produce, and my backcourt is pretty weak. Should I try and trade Gasol or Boozer to get a decent guard, or can I count on Jaric, Lenard, James and Parker to provide enough pts, asts, 3's, etc?

I should point out that this is a 16 team league, so everyone's roster is pretty thin in at least one area.
  2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Actually don't count out Smush yet he's done very good so far on the Lakers with Kobe so he can turn out to be very good don't count him out just yet. good froncourt though.
  3. DaviaG-Rap

trade proposal

Should I trade Lebron and Jaric for Kirilenko and Redd?
  4. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Look closer....

On the surface, I look at your team in see a ton of desireable, talented players. You've drafted well. Special props to you for that Gasol deal! You came out very well in that exchange. Unfortunately, what I am unable to get a grasp for are the categories you are targeting for victory. My first recommendation to you before you attempt any trades would be to concentrate on 5-6 categories you would like to target. The way your talent is dispersed you can go many ways. Once you've settled on a stragegy, then you will be in a better position to target complimentary parts.

From a pure value to value perspective, I think you come out ahead in that Lebron for Krilenko mega deal...as I think a healthy Krilenko is close to Lebron in value but Redd's value versus Jaric's is uncontestable.

One last point of interest. Pay close attention to Lebron's stats. You voiced a concern over assists, but with Lebron you have one of the statistical leaders in that category. For your team, he has the effect of a 4th point guard.

Good luck to you and let me know once you've made some strategic decisions.
  5. DaviaG-Rap

trades

The guy offering is being really fair, it is just really hard to trade a player who can put up a triple double every night. Kirilenko is a good player, but he was hurt the second half of last year, and broke his nose over the summer. He helps in a lot of categories, especially blocks, but I already have Ben, Swift, and Gasol.
  6. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Dave,
    I'd make the deal... AK47 is projected to be the #1 fantasy player this year by the expert on NBA.COM/NBATV.

Labron plays just as recklessly and is also likely to get injured. Redd is the icing.
  7. MotownPride

It is true that Krilenko is very accident prone, but like Merc eluded to I wouldn't let that stop you from pulling off the trade. The value of both players is quite clear to me:

Krilenko - advantage Blocks and Rebounds
    James - advantage Points and Assists

Keep in mind that great players mean nothing if they don't feed into a solid strategy. You can build a team that is balanced in all areas but not great in any. In a head to head matchup under the Yahoo system, we call this a loss. Especially in a league with 16 teams.

You really need to determine which categories you are trying to win and build agressively from there.

Something to consider.
  8. DaviaG-Rap

trade

I ended up trading Lebron, Jaric and Big Ben for Kirilenko, Redd and Yao. I'm trying to get my feild goal % and FT% up.
  9. DaviaG-Rap

new team

PG-Francis
    SG-Redd
    G- M.James
    SF- Kirilenko
    PF- Gasol
    F- Boozer
    C- Y.Ming
    Util- S.Swift
    Bn- Z. Pachulia
    Bn-Dunleavy
    Bn-V.Lenard
    Bn-S. Parker

What do you guys think about having Boozer and AK-47 as well as Swift and Ming on the same team? Is that at all detrimental? Whether it be production or roster scheduling?
  10. MotownPride

I responded here as well DaviaG-Rap, so others can chime in with their thoughts.

Two players from the same team isn't necessarily bad if they are starters and don't compete for minutes. You can normally get away with two pairs of players...three pairs would be crippling. Another source of caution would be if you are overloaded at a positon that both of your "same team" players play. This would make roster availability more challenging for your team. You are pretty well balanced so I don't see that as one of your potential obstacles. If I were you, I would look to move Swift for another comperable center just to give yourself some more wiggle room. If you are unable to...you should still be okay....but if you do..you will surely be sitting pretty.