if I were Dumars

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Buckeyes#1, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

I would do three things.

#1. I would hold a PistonEbay fire sale and clear out the last eight roster spots on our team.

#2. I would hire the starting five players on the Greece basketball team, along with their top three subs.

#3. I would also fire Flip and hire Greece's whole coaching staff. If the Greece players can handle our NBA All Stars as a team, I think they could do fine coming off our bench. Then I would tell our starters, okay boys, you want to start? You play with heart 100% of the time or we have have a spot formerly owned by Darko reserved just for you.
  2. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

Buckeyes, I think there is an ocean of difference between an 82-game season plus the playoffs and a tournament of about nine games. I don't think the Greeks would do all that well in the NBA. These international teams do fine in these world tournaments because they have played together for a long time. I doubt it would translate well in the NBA. If the Miami Heat was sent over there to represent the U.S., I think the result would have been better.
  3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

How can one be correct and the other incorrect? Only because you used the Heat as an example. Wade doesn't get all the B.S. calls in World play.

Now...take the 2004 Pistons and IMO they kick buttocks and your theory holds.:thumb:
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Buckeyes, don't be afraid to Ebay the starters. You never know which sucker team will buy high!

I believe that one or more of those Greek starters will have an NBA job in the next year. Providing it all works out contractually.
  5. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

yeah, let's aquire Baby Shaq, that guy's a freak!
    And wasn't that Pepe Sanchez from Argentina on our roster 2 or 3 years ago?