If our season is over tonight

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Buckeyes#1, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Well, it 4:51 am right now and I just went to bed about 3 hours ago. Unfortunately I am so wired for this game I cannot sleep. No doubt, many of our Pistons are struggling right now to sleep as well. Instead of tossing and turning, I thought I would share what is on my mind.

First of all, I think we will somehow find a way to overcome all the obstacles that are before us tonight. It won't be easy but these Pistons will not lay down without a fight. I think they will eek out a victory.

However, if our season is over tonight, and I was standing between the Pistons and their bus to the airport, I would tell them one word. Thanks. Thats all I would say. Then I would walk away. These guys have given us an incredible year. In fact, you could say they have given us an incredible three years. Yes, I would be extremely disappointed if we lose tonight. Yes, I may go into a slight depression for a few days if we lose. I wouldn't tell the players what a great year they had cause I know if it were me, I wouldn't want to hear that right after a defeat. But I think it would at least be encouraging as a player if someone told me thanks and left me to ponder "for what?". In time, the players would realize what an incredible three years they have had. I would then keep these Pistons together for at least one more year. We have something special here and it just does not seem right to blow it up ala Lakers just because we fell one game short.

With that said, I still think we are going to win and now I am going to try to get a couple more hours of sleep! It is going to be an incredible two and one-half hours tonight and I will need my energy! Later yall!

Buckeye
  2. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I feel you buckeyes. I got up 4:45 A.M., completed my 3 mile run, 70 situps, side straddle hops , steam engines i.e.

I am pumped up for today. It's always diifcult to go to sleep the night of the game because you are so pumped up, it's hard to come down.

I too think that it's more than possible for the pistons to win this one, I even proposed giving Miami a new look, not only should they throw out J-Max for 2 or 3 minutes but Cato also.

Regardless of what may happen tonight, I stilll appreciate what the pistons have brought to the city over the past four years. I look forward to Joe D making the good decisions during the off-season in order to keep us in contention for years to come.
  3. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

I feel you both guys but....

I'm gonna get up and be there before the game, meet the bus and say three words to the guys...

WE STILL BELIEVE.

Go DETROIT!

Talk to you about offseason stuff when we're hoisting the trophy.
  4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Very well said Buckeye. I feel the same way about what the team brought us the last few seasons.

If our season does not end tonight I strongly believe there will be no stopping the Pistons and they will win the 2006 NBA finals.

However, I believe the Heat will be celebrating the ECF championship in Miami tonight.
    If that must be, please go out with pride and dignity. Make it a close hard fought game and be sure to congratulate them afterwards.

Either way, I say thank you Pistons.
  5. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

DARTH...I sense a wager in the works!!
  6. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

http://www.pistonsforum.com/images/picdump/hq2_053106.jpg
  7. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Thats for u...I got off work and went straight to my 1 and a half hour boot camp class. I sweated hard!!! Came home and DID NOT take a shower! I watched Game 6 vs Spurs last year. I have the " P-FUNK" all over me!!!! I'm gonna do my 3 mile run and go see XMen 3 again at 3:15PM....This is what men do...Tonight , the P-FUNK WILL RISE and they gonna do what they do!!:fingerscr
  8. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

9. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I can't bet you slippy because you always lose our bets and I VERY much want to be wrong on this one. I don't want to curse the Pistons.
  10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Good post Eyes#1.
    Can you handle a triple overtime win?
    Better have the caridac arrest machine at the ready!
    The shots will be there, they just got to knock them down.
  11. #1Pistonfan

#1Pistonfan First Round Draft Pick 2x Fantasy Champion

I kind of want to put some money on the Heat. That way I'd still get some satisfaction out of a loss.
  12. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

The only response I have to this thresd is.....

Our season will not be over tonight!!!!!!

But, if it is.......I still have my window seat on the bandwagon!!!!!