If Sam Bradford comes out of OU this year for the draft, the Lions need to draft him

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Latinoking90, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

This guy can run the offense of OU very well, he's doesn't get pressured as muched even when his O-Line can be weak at time. Which is good since the Lions's O-Line is a joke!

He shows that can run out of the pocket when pressured badly and make a play like this. :winner_first_h4h:

YouTube - Sam Bradford Goes Airborne Vs. Oklahoma State

Or they could go with Matthew Stafford.
  2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Re: If Sam Bradford comes out of OU this year for the draft, the Lions need to draft

Can he come out? I thought he was a Sophmore.
  3. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Re: If Sam Bradford comes out of OU this year for the draft, the Lions need to draft

No skill players until we draft some top notch big uglies. :wacko: :wacko: :gaah: :football:
  4. Latinoking90

Yeah just like the Lions drafted Gosder Cherilus right?

Is he? DARN IT! :doh:

Matthew Stafford it is!
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

O and D line LK90.
  6. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

we need to take that number one pick and beg somebody to take it from us... get us two picks in the teens, and see if we can trade a few more of our players for late 1st round picks, we need so much help in so many places getting a franchise qb at this point would be a waste for the lions and for the poor qb that would be killed here.
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I'm down with that.
  8. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Never happen. The most we could move down is the 3rd spot. And neither Cincy or KC will trade up when they can have who they want at those spots.

Don't be so quick to jump in the QB wagon. NONE of the Seniors are good enough for 1st round and the juniors will HAVE to sit a year just to get up to speed.
  9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I'll take a 5-9 this year and a 25-35 next year for this years hard earned #1.
  10. detteam

detteam All-Star

11. Latinoking90

That's nice and all, but this team needs talent. Daunte isn't the answer to the QB position.

Matthew Stafford is probably the QB that everyone is big on, but Sam Bradford is the other top pick and he shows his willingness to win.
  12. Nemo

Joey Harrington had 25 come from behind victories in college and looked real good on paper. Your guy will be swallowed whole unless he has some blocking up front. This team has tried drafting NAMED talent. Now let's draft spme NAMED linemen. Godsend Whatever doesn't count as NAMED talent.
  13. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

No QB please. I think between Daunte, Orlovsky and Stanton they have enough talent to manage, not singlehandedly, win games. The defensive talent and coaching have just been awful. They need help everywhere i.e. MLB, CB, DE. Though I don't see the value at #1. Best option is to trade down, if possible, and see if they can pick up a MLB, CB or DE a little further down. If they can't trade out of #1 then I would go after Oher or Smith at LT. I couldn't kill them if they went after Jenkins either and get Cushing, Spikes or Smith later down w/ the Dallas pick.

Also, I personally don't see Bradford, Stafford or someone else as franchise QB's. Build from the trenches enough of the fancy names.
  14. Nemo

I agree. Trade down to avoid signing the 65 million $ OT.
  15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

if some one offered 2, 1st round picks for MegaTron would you do it ?
  16. Nemo

Yes, WRs are a dime a dozen. We can pick up people to catch the ball at any time. The Patriots don't pick high WR draft choices and neither should we.
  17. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I don't care what'cha say, Big Jake earned his $$$$ this year BABY!!!!
  18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Heisman trophy winning QB's never pan out that well. Especially when they play in motown...anybody recall Andre Ware:doh:
  19. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Premium LT are a very hard commodity to come by. Long certainly has the look of a franchise player.
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He just got a contract extension.

[​IMG]