If Sam Bradford comes out of OU this year for the draft, the Lions need to draft him

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Latinoking90, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Re: If Sam Bradford comes out of OU this year for the draft, the Lions need to draft

WHY? Trade the best wide receiver in the NFL for two picks? I say HELL NO.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Re: If Sam Bradford comes out of OU this year for the draft, the Lions need to draft

I'd do it in a heartbeat. If someone other than the Lions front office was making the two picks.
  3. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

What's his record as a starter. We're losers without blocking and tackling.
  4. Latinoking90

Then build around the guy, but don't just trade him just because the others can't win with him. Even though they are and are trying to win a game.
  5. Nemo

I like Megatron. But we need too many blockers - tacklers. I'd like to build around Smith.
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

It would be a tough decision. But if both of the picks were of the 7-14 kind I'd do it.
    I'd rather see a Manning throw to him and watch him put up Moss like numbers than watch our QBs get broken trying to get him the ball.
  7. Latinoking90

I dunno, it will just feel like it will be like when the Red Sox traded Babe Ruth to the Yankees, if the Lions trade Johnson.

But yes, Smith is the another guy to keep around for sure.

If Randy Moss, could make Tom Brady (even better) and younger Culpepper better, I don't see why Calvin can develop more here and help future Lions QBs.

I feel like Calvin Johnson can be like Randy Moss. :|
  8. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

YES!!!!!

I don't care if we draft nothing but O and D lineman from now for the next 20 years. We need to build from the ground up and every successfull team has a solid line on both sides of the ball!!!

:nopompom::nod::nopompom::nod::nopompom:
  9. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

What's all this talk of trading Johnson? Didn't we just send Roy packing for draft picks? We can't empty the cupboard. Johnson is one of the few talents we have. Fire every single person in the coaching staff, bring in someone like Parcells (someone who knows football inside and out) and give them total control to clean house in the locker room and start rebuilding the right way! If we can withstand the Millen era we can make it through a few more years of knowing we are rebuilding the proper way. Look at Miami. Sorry Rod, you've had long enough. Hiring family members and other teams rejects won't get it done.
  10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I just wanted to take your minds off losing for a while. Megatron is soo good.
  11. Nemo

I'm not going to feel satisfied until WCF decides the future of our Admin.
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

wOOO ! Bradford is part Cherookee Indian.
  13. Latinoking90

The Pittsburgh Steelers says Hi.
  14. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

That is EXACTLY what Pioli is---a Parcells student and protege'. I just talked to Pat Kirwan and that's what he described him.

Trading CJ is tantamount to trading LeBron a couple of years ago. Roy was the better trade, and if you haven't noticed, he hasn't been much of anything on Dallas. Much different than Fitz and Boldin on Az.
  15. boozy

boozy First Round Draft Pick

I agree that we should probably not draft any offense for at least the next three years. If we keep Calvin and K.Smith then we can build up our Offensive line picking up ( if neccesary) a quater back once the line is secure. As it is, the NFL has shown that great QB's are to be had in free agency. Look at the resurgence of Kurt Warner. Although I have to admit the thought of a Calvin Johsnon and Michael Crabtree tandem make my pants tighten up. Would not suprise me if they did though. It would be the cliche' Lions move. I would also like to see the talented Tight End out of Oklahoma State get drafted. Good catching and blocking skills.
  16. Latinoking90

Did anyone see his performance against Florida?

Opinions?
  17. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

More than one scout and NFL analyst say he should stay in school. He was slow in getting his team to the line, no 20-out routes completed, he'll check down under pressure and he'll face a stout Defense EVERY WEEK in the NFL, not just in the Championship game.

Stay in school.
  18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If we had to take anybody at QB, I think I like Tibow's mobile skills despite his two pics in the BS championship game.

You have to wonder if Bradford, Tibow or even the Trojan QB Sanchez will all stay for another year just to avoid being drafted by the Lions. :movingon:
  19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Dre that's sooo embarrassing.
    Lions got cooties.
  20. Nemo

I'll still suggest that we ship the Lions to LA. We can have Pete Carroll take over and they can draft Bradford. Then the tailgate is at La Dre's house....:fingerscr