If Sam Bradford comes out of OU this year for the draft, the Lions need to draft him

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Latinoking90, Dec 2, 2008.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Re: If Sam Bradford comes out of OU this year for the draft, the Lions need to draft

Thursday, January 8, 2009
    Bob Wojnowski

Commentary: Lions should pass on QB with first pick

Neither Stafford, Bradford address most urgent needs

[​IMG]
    DETROIT -- Don't be fooled. I'm speaking to you, Lions fan. I'm also speaking to you, Lions general manager Martin Mayhew. I'd also like to speak to you, Lions owner William Clay Ford, but there's no evidence you listen to common sense.
    Don't be fooled by a glitzy quarterback.
    Don't be dazzled when you turn on the TV and see Oklahoma's Sam Bradford and Florida's Tim Tebow play for the national championship tonight, while showing whose Heisman Trophy is shinier.
    The Lions need a quarterback, sure. They always need a quarterback, although Daunte Culpepper and Dan Orlovsky (if re-signed) are not horrible options.
    Advertisement
    -
    I agree.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Re: If Sam Bradford comes out of OU this year for the draft, the Lions need to draft

I cut the post TFD. You're missing a source link my brother.
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Detnews.com/sports/Lions
  4. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

I hear he's going back...should be another good Texas vs OU game.
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

The word is all the great college QB's are avoiding Det.
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I don't buy that. For $20 million, I could look past being humiliated by fans, an 0-16 record, the worst franchise since Burger King and a 50 year curse.
  7. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

O man, you don't like the Whopper????
  8. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

I'm glad Bradford went back to school. The kid seems to have the accuracy needed for an NFL QB, but needs more muscle, develop an ability to read defenses. Plus Oklahoma works out of the shotgun, don't know whether Bradford has the footwork to excel in a Pro-Set offense. But I like him and think he has potential.

Tebow was not likely to be a 1st round pick. He looks better as a FB than a QB, the kid is all heart though. Word is that Tebow went back to school to cement his place in college history as one of the all time best players along w/ the intent to develop his passing ability as a QB. Lions, and former Michigan QB coach Loeffler, joined the Gators to help Tebow's development.
  9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Excuses , excuses. And it's more like $55M and up. I'm glad they're doing it too.
  10. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

The good thing is that it prevents the Lions from picking a QB w/ the #1. I am praying they stay away from Sanchez and Stafford. No QB until next draft. Offer a contract to Curry or Monroe at #1. Funny thing is that Bradford, McCoy may actually be selected by the Lions next draft, they will still be picking relatively high assuming a 4-5 win season.
  11. detteam

detteam All-Star

I wish Stafford & Crabtree would have stayed in school to help the Lions not keep making mistakes
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Yeah they can only avoid us for so long.
  13. Latinoking90

Honestly, they might take Matthew Stafford. That guy has a rocket arm, but no accuracy. They should take Andre Smith.

Play Drew Stanton....
  14. detteam

detteam All-Star

The Lions should draft Andre Smith and grab Vick when he gets out of prison in July.
  15. Lionsloser07

Lionsloser07 Second Round Draft Pick

LOL
    I think Michael Vick would take the job strictly to stay out of trouble. He might even be liked in Detroit.
  16. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

QB's are just to hit and miss to use a first round number one pick on.

A nice trade for a low round 1st and a 2nd and 4th or something like that would help the team so much more.
  17. Latinoking90

Already some are forgiving him for his dog actions. Heck..even Peta is trying to help him.

Vick Scores with PETA - TMZ.com

Some call him overrated, I call him a superstar. Not to mention he can scribble and isn't a pocket QB.
  18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I don't think our coaches have the smarts to make Vick a winner here. But I could.
  19. detteam

detteam All-Star

PETA withdrew their offer...they demand Vick have a brain scan & psychiatric evalution. Personally, I think many PETA members need that way more than Vick.

PETA withdraw TV offer to Vick - NFL - Yahoo! Sports
  20. detteam

detteam All-Star