If you could change one decision joe dumars made...

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, May 6, 2009.

1. detteam

detteam All-Star

OLD SKOOL HQ is not 'old skool guy'. Why did you change his name and leave the smilie out of his post?

You sorta trashed 16 Mile...one of PF.com's oldest & biggest Darko fans.

dude...what's your point beyond trying to sell your agenda?
  2. indiefan23

indiefan23 First Round Draft Pick

I don't know. I'm just on an internet forum posting messages to pass some time. I don't really have a point... I found most people here pretty intelligent so I came back???

I don't really recall trashing 16 mile, didn't we agree? We both kind of liked Darko and think he got jobbed by Larry Brown if I remember.

I didn't remember the guy's name. Like, why are you all over me?
  3. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Darko is still a sensitive subject around here along with the rest of the project players that have been on the Pistons roster past and present. Darko, Delfino, Amir, I could go on. You just have to agree to disagree and keep it moving. No matter what you say it will not change their mind or get them to see even for a split second your point of view.
  4. indiefan23

? I dunno, I don't think I was saying anything too crazy. Darko was drafted too high but all I said was that Euro's are not really likely busts. Darko and a Russian dude are really the only Euro busts in history.

Beyond that, I think Detroit has a pretty bright future. There might only be one or two years in Limbo. I dunno about Curry, but I like their youth. Amir/Stucky/Maxiell. One thing Dumars is doing right is not hanging onto his past prime and tarnish the legacy of one of this decade's strongest teams. He's aligned himself perfectly with the biggest free agent market ever and will have a great combination of youth and talent in the following years. Pistons fans just enjoied a decade of great ball... they're smart enough to see they're being set up for more of teh same, right?
  5. indiefan23

I think Darko is really tied to the Pistons' history too. It makes them such an interesting team. I think part of why Dumars lost patience with Larry Brown was from what Brown did to him. I mean, none of us were there in practices, but what I saw from the kid said he could be much more of a player.

Its kind of what happened in Toronto. Bargnani was given up on by Sam Mitchell. Now he's looking like something to hold on again with the right coach. Honestly, I'd love to see him have a great year and shut up all the bust media guys doubts. Same goes for Kwame Brown. Its like you hit a point and people just want you to fail.
  6. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

If I have to tell yall ONE MO TIME, that I am going On NBA performance ONLY, I'm gonna scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AGGGHHHHH!! ....ooops

By the way, shout out to Tony Kucoc...

and the best passing big of all time was Wilt Chamberlain. (Jeff Ruland was my second best. )Wilt Led NBA in assists one year. The two best outlet passers I ever saw were Wes Unseld and Bill Laimbeer.
  7. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

Extending Hamilton/destroying his trade value
  8. Omaha Piston

Omaha Piston Second Round Draft Pick

Don't trade Chauncey Billups. Joe lost me on that one.
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The decision to trade Chaunce was written when he drafted Stuckey.
  10. CarlosGallan

CarlosGallan First Round Draft Pick

Full agree roscoe
  11. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

That's a great point!!!!! Someone needs to investigate the Pistons front office and find out who is on the Nuggets payroll. First we take Darko leaving Melo to them and then send Chauncey over for AI? Those two moves could possibly win them a title this year.

:gun1:
  12. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Not to get off topic here, but I think Bill Russell could hold as much claim to being the best "big passer" of all time as Chamberlain does.

Shaq is a pretty good passer as well.