1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

im done wih the pistons

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by doublead, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I would have to say that SA, at least based on Flip's calculations, doesn't view DET as a threat or a big game. If it was they would not have gotten 11 guys non-garbage time minutes. SA lost the battle, we'll have to wait and see about the war.

2. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Nice job WEBZ. Still won't stop the complaining...they gotta go with something.

3. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

WOAH WOAH WOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hold up.

You are saying that when Popovich's starters play poorly, and he leaves them in there, that is his un-failing belief in his system, some sort of divine patience, a sign that he doesn't panic? But when Flip leaves Tayshaun in when he is playing poorly, we start calling him "Gayshaun", and screaming for Flip's head????

I need to start a "im done wih the pistonsforum" thread, if we are going to keep playing this way. :gun1:

4. max

max All-Star

Was that also Flips message to Dallas when he played all the bench guys? Or could it be that the SAN starters sucked just like the Piston starters did in the prior game? Or still yet could it be that for the most part 1 game out of 82 does not make or break your season?

5. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

webz, i would love to agree, but I can't. There have simply been too many blowout games to be able to just consider those numbers for what they are. A better analysis would be to look at the minutes per game in games where we weren't up (or down) by 15+ in the 4th. All you have to see is that 25 of our 36 games have been decided by 10 points or more (easily the most in the league) to realize that those numbers mean very little. Given that, and the fact that the bench is so vastly improved over last year, I would say those numbers are pretty bad.

6. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

OK, FP: who, specifically, among the young players, is not getting enough PT? Amir's minutes are admittedly not what they appear, as the number of times he's gotten "real" minutes so far this season can probably be counted on one hand. But everyone else in question--JMax, Stuckey, AA--is and/or has been very much in the rotation. You want to make a case for slightly more minutes for AA, perhaps you can, though I'd ask everyone to consider how much PT they expected him to get at the beginning of this season vs. how much he's actually gotten. And are people really that disappointed with how much PT there's been for JMax and Stuckey?

7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

No, I am saying Pop doesn't panic and leave his starters in because they are down. He will continue playing his rotations/bench and believes, to paraphrase, that "playing the right way" will pay off over the course of the game.

8. Ljubljančan

Ljubljančan Second Round Draft Pick

ok, ill probably sound stupid. but, whats wrong when your team is winning? and whats wrong when your team is being feared by other teams?

is some far fetched calculation, statistics that is drown out of Arschole (check German), more important then the team? Or the teams completely visible results? Why attack, as a fan (???) the team that is, even when wrote about by biased commentators, a championship contender?

I am confused.

9. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Welcome.......fan from Slovenia. We just love to disagree about our sports over here. We're never satisfied.

10. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    This team will not contend for the championship if they keep chucking jump shots and not play a bench. It's been proven for the past couple of seasons. That is why. We want to win championships and that's why we're looking for ways to improve the team. That's all. We love the team, we love the players, well not so much the coach. But we are passionate about the game and that's why you see all that.
    Anyway, welcome to the board!

11. doublead

doublead First Round Draft Pick

Tonight vs the bobcats all of the starters played 35 to 46 minutes in an overtime game and only one bench player played over 13 minutes and that was max

why does joe d keep lieing to us about playing the bench its a shame because our young players aint gone wanna be here if they are not going to play

why is amir sitting on the bench i bet he wished he signed with the spurs last summer

12. mikhail1973

I bet what's happened was Amir trusted Joe. And if he keeps sitting he may as well ask for a trade. He's not going to develop into a game shape by sitting on the bench. He needs some minutes.
    So much for Flip willing to sacrifice wins to give youngsters minutes. He's a bold faced liar.

13. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

It's about halfway through the season. Things aren't looking very promising in terms of bench development.

14. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

it's common practice to not sub players in OT, so not really surprised by the minutes. we still played 11 guys tonight (everyone but amir)

15. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Herrmann and Brezec are being developed. LOL

My guess is that if AJ is still with us come May he will be left off of the playoff roster in favor of Hunter.

My guess is for the rest of the year AJ will get in

maybe 15 games and 100 or minutes.

:hoops:

16. mikhail1973

Yeah, Amir's the only one on the team with DNP-CD. Stuckey with 12 min and Afflalo with 4. Even without overtime it adds up for a lots of minutes for Rip and Chauncey. 40 each to be exact. That's too many anyway you slice it.

17. buddahfan

Flipper really wants the home court advantage throughout the playoffs.

We are only 4 back of Boston in the loss column and we have played a lot more road games than they have.

18. mikhail1973

I guess some people never learn. We had home advantage against Miami and Cleveland. And where did it get us?

19. buddahfan

History, as I have previously posted, has shown that it is a definite advantage to have the home court in the playoffs.

Chances of beating Boston without the home court advantage will be very small.

There is no advantage to not having the home court advantage.

20. mikhail1973

What would you rather have - a home advantage or rested starters and developed bench that is ready to step in when needed?