In the league anythng is possible, TRUST.

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by explosivity, Jan 6, 2009.

1. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

I've read many threads in which posters are always amazed that a certain team beats another. I have always responded that in the league any team can beat any other team. Boston Celtics were just beaten by the Bobcats. Now I want to hear all the posters on here proclaim that the the Bobcats are better than than the Pistons and/or the Celtics for that matter!

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yep wonder if the posters at celticsforum.com are in panic mode because their team is 2 and 5 since the 19 game win streak was broken. :ner-ner:

3. MACKSnare519

MACKSnare519 First Round Draft Pick

The Cats seem to always play the Celtics well...

4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

The way that teams have been beating the Celtics is putting a bigger person on Rondo and backing off of him to take the shot. The only way it seems we can do this is to put Tay (or Rip) on him and start Rip. Stuck can take Ray Allen. And Rip (or Tay)/AA could possibly contain Pierce enough (although letting Pierce score is actually pretty irrelevant to the Celts winning).

I'm curious to see if Curry is watching these other teams and scouting that blueprint. I hope he's not locked in b/c we have enough depth to use situational starting line-ups when the case calls for it.

So far it's worked; The Knicks used Jeffries and LA put Bryant on him.

edited to add;

However it's alot easier to beat a team in one game as opposed to a 7 game series. Fortunately, BOS helped to screw themselves when they let Posey walk.

5. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Above two posts are right. Its the way teams are playing Rondo, and the Bobcats are a matchup nightmare for the C's. That's a team that is faster than Boston.

And it's probably just the jumpshots not falling, they're strictly a jumpshooting team. The C's have two guys that slash: Pierce (and he's not doing it as much these days) and Tony Allen (who is braindead in just about every aspect of the game). It's a shame that we made him look like a superstar twice.

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I was watching the 4th Q and overtime in that game tonight. When the Celtics really needed buckets at the end of regulation, they went inside pretty aggressively. KG had a couple power moves in the paint.

They do shoot a lot of J's, but like Sheed, KG can be unstoppable in the paint when he wants to be. Also, his midrange jumper is pretty tough to guard because of the high release.

I was trying to watch what Charlotte was doing to attack Bos and I didn't see anything special. Just a lot of really good passes to Okafor and some really tough shots made.

7. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

The thing with KG is he chokes more often than not. The only thing he seems to be able to do in the clutch is make FT's and once you get inside his head, it's over. The last few games i saw BOS was trying to go to him in the clutch and he was killing them, missing point blank shots, etc. And then PP finally had it and tried to take over.

I didn't see the end of the OT of the CHA game or most of the 4th quarter so i can't speak to how they were guarding him. I do know that Sheed needs to get over this buddy-buddy BS with him, and start playing him tough. He absolutely cannot handle pressure.

edited to add;

This is the second person that said the same thing;

8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He doesn't choke on D though... that didn't sound right.

9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

LOL.

That's true, but i remember him dominating us offensively when we played him (at least it seemed that way)

10. The Palace Artest

Game 6, Garnett disappeared into thin air. Too bad Prince and Sheed did too.

Too bad Prince and Sheed did too.And even in Game 5 when he scored 33 points, he had a MISERABLE closing stretch. It's no coincidence, Garnett is a punk that gets punked in crunchtime.

11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nice game going on in LA right now as the Hornets have rolled to a 17-3 run in the last 4 minutes in attempt to slow the down the high flying lakers. David West is on fire as he and Kobie both have 39 pts with 2 and change left in the game... problem is that Kobe has scored only 2 in the 4th and West has put up 12...

111-102 with 2.44 left,,,,lets see what happens in crunch time

12. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

calm down, wannabe ---- teenagers. This "punk'd" Boston team has beat Pistons during regular season and more importantly, in POs.

Beat them, then talk thrash.

....and it's only January, remember?

13. The Palace Artest