Indiana Oct 29 8PM

Discussion in 'October 2008' started by max, Oct 26, 2008.

1. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I just tried to get in but it said that it's closed. Am I missing something or have I been banned?!?!? :ohwell:

2. detteam

detteam All-Star

I'm guessing your cable service is with WOW...just like mine. I called WOW (866-496-9669) to find out what's going on and they claim they can't air Piston games because they are in negotiations with Fox Sports for broadcast rights.

I might be calling Comcast tomorrow...

3. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Up and down game tonight. The Pacers turned it over like crazy, 21 for the game, but they almost made up for it by getting to the line a ton of times. The Pistons had their own turnover problems in the second half. Bench scoring was huge, 38 points from the subs for the Pistons, with everyone sharing the load.

Early season kinks might take a while to iron out, but with a tough road schedule coming up very soon, there isn't a lot of time for messing around.

4. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Omg....this is the final straw. :hanged2: WOW Internet will stay, but the cable will got to go.

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

6. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

So far, so good. Got that first win. Here are my impressions, player by player:

Billups. Smartly used his height against TJ Ford for several easy scores. Led a good low turnover attack. Even though Stuck was in some foul trouble, Billups still got plenty of rest - about 7 minutes between the end of the 1st and start of the 2nd quarter. Billups also knocked down a shot or two from the outside.

Stuckey. Some foul trouble. But he impressed with some drives to the hoop, made his free throws to boot, and played ok D. He did have some trouble with the speedy Ford.

Rip. Hit shots. Very dependable.

Afflalo. Good D. Made a couple of shots, one from the outside. Made some mistakes too, but overall I really like his aggressive attitude on O.

Tay. Pretty darn good game. Plenty of scoring, usual fine defense.

Herrmann. He hit a pair of 3's, collected his miss once and put it in, and made one circus shot to complete a fast break. 10 points. He gave up more. We did not do so badly though in his first stint, gaining some while he was in. The team is giving him a lot of help on defense. Playing him in the 4th quarter, especially as we already had an 11 point lead was probably a mistake. We needed defense to hold the lead, not another outside shooter who can't play D. Worse, Dyess was out there with him giving Indiana two rather slow defenders to exploit.

Amir. He knocked down a few 15 foot jumpers when he was left wide open. Later, he tried extending his range out, and barely missed. He traveled on his first post up op, missed a hook shot on another. So nothing in the post from him. On rebounding, he did fine, and you won't see the 3 times he knocked the ball back out to a teammate show up in the boxscore. Amir also had a couple of blocks and a steal. Amir drew several fouls in all, was very active on D, and only committed one foul for the game.

JMAX. Got inside for some scores, and impressed me mightily by making all 3 of his free throws. Fine on D.

Dyess. Hit some shots out of a lot of outside shots taken. He did slip to the basket a couple of times for easy scores. Defense was not that bad, just slow. Dyess was in there down the stretch for the most part, but Afflalo came in for the last couple of minutes. (Which means we went small, with Tay at power forward.)

Sheed. Good D. Missed a lot of shots, both near the basket and away. Did not get a tech, but you could tell he was not happy on some calls. Not a great game for him at all.

Kwame. Decent D. We gave him some work in the post, and he did not do too well. He did get to the basket, but neither drew a foul nor got anywhere near making the shot. Kwame only played about 4 minutes I think, all at the end of the first quarter.

Eleven guys played. No, I did not like the defense played by Herrmann, but I did like that Tay only played the last few minutes of the 2nd quarter. I kind of laughed when they mentioned once that Indiana had the game going at a fast pace toward the end of the half. So what, our starters, for the most part, had barely been out there. They probably needed to stretch their legs some.

For the other team, Granger had a great game, but I don't think the Pistons did all they could to contain the guy. Remember, Amir only had one foul, he could have played more. Afflalo was sitting for several minutes in the 4th quarter while Herrmann was giving up the lead out there.

Indiana got out to a 12-4 lead to start the game, hitting a few triples early in the shotclock before our defense really set up. But then we went on a 11-0 run and managed to stay in control of the game for a while. (Indiana did tie the game after our run, but maybe that took the wind out of their sales a bit.) Amir did not score in the first half, and did not play in either the 2nd or 4th quarter. He got his 6 points all in the 3rd quarter.

Bynum did not play. Samb, Sharpe, and Acker did not dress.

One comment on Granger. To me, it seems better to play Sharpe for those minutes that Herrmann played. Instead of the team having to help Herrmann play after play, we could have been letting Sharpe gain some experience. (And by the way, not only is Sharpe quick enough to play D on a guy like Granger, he is actually best known as an offensive minded player. I would like to see him getting some shots.)

7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Hey Warts, sorry if I bumped you at Talk Shoe. I came in at the middle I couldn't really figure where the 2 of you were.
    I actually thought JD was on the other line.

8. roscoe36

Joe Dumars will be on next week's call. ;)

Did you hear me?

9. roscoe36

Podshow is still going on. Warthog is back on.

10. jammertime

Lee, nice recap.

You should come and check out the pod cast!

11. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Is anyone in there now? Think I figured how to sign in finally, but not sure

12. jammertime

Yeah, get in there. Roscoe is on the phone again!

13. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Technical problems, plus the other computer that does have sound being occupied, do not allow me to participate.

Thanks for the props

14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

If the pod is live shouldn't I be able to hear...something ?

15. roscoe36

He can only do 1 hour at a time, so he shut that one down and started another.

We just finished up. I was NOT going to call, but I did (again) and the second hour is Wart, Low and I.

16. roscoe36

It would be awesome to get you on some time lee. And you deserve the props.

17. jammertime

Several people had some technical difficulties along the way, myself included, but I was able to get back on again by using a different browser.

18. jammertime

Big props to The Low for doing that man, that was AWESOME!

19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

The first podcast was there...

20. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Lesson Learned...I can make show segments up to 2 hours in length. I just never thought it would go that long. But, it's a good thing because it gave me a chance to take a break. So, I may do two hours next time, but I have to make sure I can pause for a drink of water or something.

Other than that. THANKS to everyone who called in and took part. That was awesome. I am uploading the episode now and it should be live (at least via iTunes) in the 20 min.

On another note, I will work to make sure there is a CD quality download of the show, but tonight's will only be the lo-fi version. Snafus on my part killed the hi-fi version for tonight.

Next show is scheduled for Sunday Nov. 2nd @ 8PM EST / 5PM PST.