Interesting/Disturbing Info on Billups

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

You GO girl...:p_welldone:
  2. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Have to disagree with you, not on the ego or nice guy part, but on moving him. Who is the most important person on the Pistons? Tough question, considering they are built as a team. But, I would put my money on Tay. The problem with Tay is he lacks endurance, and wears out. So come crunch time our biggest asset is missing. Time to dump Tay, learn to play without him, and come crunch time (I'm thinking it will be CB), whoever was our MVP during the regular season, is still there during the playoffs.
  3. max

max All-Star

Keep in mind this thread was started by a member who provided some inside info on one of our Pistons players. Its something she did not have to do but took the time to do it and it added value to the Forum. Something we did not know before.

The question before us this summer is not to keep CB or not, that was made last year. Its now should be traded? A trade implying that you get something of equal value or better back in a trade.

Was CB the best player on the team? Probably. Honestly though I don't really care because what we have is not working anymore.
  4. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

Let's see how he runs MC's offense. He'll probably turn it into that, "Hey guys. It took me twelve seconds to bring the ball up and get into my spot. Better hurry. Chuck up the first jumper that seems even a little decent," offense we've all come to know and love.
  5. FORTHELUVOFSMOOTH

FORTHELUVOFSMOOTH First Round Draft Pick

How the hell does he have an HUMUNGUS EGO? How do we know this. And don't say it's because of JTIII.
  6. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Well actually Stevie Wonder told me, he is blind as a bat and he could see it....In that case it really doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Perception is sometimes everything. I do not profess to represent the thoughts of people on this forum. When I speak, I am generally speaking for self and self only, my opinions, MINE.
  7. detteam

detteam All-Star

It's a shame CB can't give some of his ego to Tay and balance them both out.
  8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

:pound::pound:Whooooa that's funny!!!!
  9. NTC

NTC First Round Draft Pick

I think Gilbert's ego stems from the fact he was always told he would amount to nothing in the NBA.
  10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

So you guys and gals are truely sure Stuck will sign with us in 2 years. What if he goes A. Houston on us ?
    -
    Could we be talking Teal again ?
    -
    Since he will have mad skills, he could have 20 teams drulling over him.
  11. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

That;s some funny shiggetty deteam...ROFLMAO........
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

So how long (if ever) do you think it will take for this conflict to come into play ? This is the only potentially major problem i see this season. It could go one of two ways;

If Stuckey plays like he did last year, Curry will have him finishing games, and taking over the "clutch time" role from Billups (kinda like Flip Murray's "4th quarter slaughter" jk), and the person who will be sitting is Chauncey. And i don't think his ego will be able to handle that. If Stuckey assumes starter minutes or starter situations while taking away from Billups, what will he do?
    -
    Clearly his is the ego Nuggets need. Because it's well respected.
  13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I feared you would struggle with the CB withdrawals.
  14. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

CB has always had a swagger and ego to the point where he knows that he's better than most PGs in the NBA (you know the Brevin Knights, Sebastian Telfairs, Nate Robinsons, and etc.) and he would show it. He even said once when I was watching an interview that he loves going against Gilbert because he knows that Gil has a shot but is nowhere near his talent of shooting and knowledge of the game. I feel everyone that plays NBA basketball has either a swagger or a ego and in some cases they have both (and they are super huge (Kobe)) but some guys know how to be humble when needed. CB is just one of those guys that just happen to KNOW that they have it going on and act like it.
  15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I didn't see that, I just thought he was giving the sound bite the media wanted.