Interesting quotes from Sheed @ freep.com

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Tyskillz, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Tyskillz

Tyskillz First Round Draft Pick

"In Wallace's mind, Davis fills a role that was missing last season when Campbell played mainly as a Shaq stopper. Campbell played just one minute in the NBA Finals against the Spurs.

"We could've used that big body last year," Wallace said. "There were times in the Finals when Tayshaun (Prince) had to guard Tim (Duncan) because myself and (Antonio) McDyess were in foul trouble. Now we have that other big body. It'll definitely be a good rematch.""

Well, well, well fellow Pistons fans, strangely enough it seems certain players like Sheed felt the same way we fans did about game 7. For whatever reason LB refused to give EC decent and needed minutes vs sa and it hurt our chances severely. This time around with DD we'll have a big man capable of decent minutes all season long keeping our big men more fresh for the post season.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I don't get it. What about Darko? So many mixed messages. Is Sheed a Darko fan?
  3. Tyskillz

Talkin Sheed

By the way folks you've just got to dig the great quotes this guy delivers. I figured he talked to Dale Davis before the trade but I'm glad he issued the warning "You either roll with us or get rolled on!" LMAO, you gotta luv that!!! Apparently Dale got the message this time around.
  4. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

Is Sheed predicting a Spurs-Pistons Finals rematch? You gotta love that! Maybe he is going to be on a mission this season. Can you imagine this team with a highly motivated Rasheed for the entire season? It would be like the end of the '04 campaign, when we finished 24-4.

Man, if that were the case then I'd definitely have to rethink how I see the East finishing this season, record wise. :nod:
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Yes, I can imagine it. We would easily be a 60+ win squad. Sheed gets bagged on a lot for "dogging" it. There is no other player on our roster who can significantly improve the squad by raising his game on a given night.

He gets criticism when we fail, and not enough kudos when we win.
  6. legend71

legend71 Second Round Draft Pick

While I love Sheed's game when he is playing inside, I seriously doubt we will see any changes in him during the next year. I wish he would bang inside like he did in his Portland days.....
  7. Zoso

I completely agree. There's not a doubt in my mind that if Sheed would just come to play every dang night, and be the dominating player that he's capable of being, we would easily obtain the best record in the league, as well as the title, for at least the next few years.

God. A Rasheed Wallace, with a workman like attitude of Big Ben, would easily be the best player in the league. That's right even better then KG. I really believe that.

If only the man was motivated. :yawn:
  8. #1Pistonfan

#1Pistonfan First Round Draft Pick 2x Fantasy Champion

Sheed

Someone stated on the other forum, a while back, that Wallace was/is highly motivated during this offseason and has actually been training.

Which is a huge step (if true) to a HUGE season for our man Roscoe, since its always been obvious that he comes into camp out of shape every season.
  9. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Sheed is definitely one of my three favorite Pistons and I'm rooting for him big time, but I'm a bit skeptical too. I don't remember seeing what I expected to see from him in the two games following his game 5 boo boo. It seems to me that he would have picked it up in games 6 and 7 rather than waiting until the following season. Maybe I'm wrong and not remembering it correctly.

Where is word coming from that he is super motivated to have a great year?
  10. DaviaG-Rap

DaviaG-Rap First Round Draft Pick

LB is turning into a goat

These recent comments by Rasheed and Billups show that LB was a bigger distraction than we imagined. Not only did his off the court shananigans annoy the team, but his decision making and leadership were being questioned as well!!!

Also, remember when LB criticized the starters effort and Ben replied like "I don't want to hear that #%!@", and said that they were being played too many minutes.

In my opinion this recent flurry of LB retaliation gives a lot of credibility to Delfino. Many have hated on CD because of his "attitude", well, Billups and Rasheed apparently have a similar attitude as well. Hopefully, that attitude will work for us this season!
  11. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Delfino's attitude is nothing like C-Note's or Rasheed's. I wish it were. Delfino ripped the coach publicly, causing a small distraction. C-Note waited until Brown left and did it not only to cut down Brown but also to boost Darko.

Brown clearly did not handle Darko too well. But he handled Billups just fine and some other starters like Tay and Big Ben.
  12. LA Sam

LA Sam Second Round Draft Pick

Interesting

First of all, EC was not a good match for the Spurs. EC is too slow to guard any of the Spur big men, but I still would have preferred EC on Duncan rather than Prince.

Sheed seems to believe that we can take the Spurs, and I agree. We put a real scare into them, and they're doing everything they can to insure that they can survive our next encounter.

We didn't win, so it's hard to say we were the better team, but screw it, I do believe we're the better team.
  13. legend71

legend71 Second Round Draft Pick

Maybe we weren't the deeper team, but maybe we were the better team. I don't know. We didn't seem to have an answer for Ginobli at times and Bowen totally shut down Rip. I think we controlled Duncan, but those other dudes (+ Horry) were the main difference to me. I too felt EC should have played more minutes against the Spurs and Heat. I hope the boys have big chips on their shoulders this year because they are going to need it against Indy. Those guys have something to prove and are younger and have Artest back now. I look for them to have the best record in the East this year.

Regarding Sheed - it would be great to see him in shape this year!
  14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

The EC enigma

We went through all that trouble to retain him but never used him. He was dead weight at the end of the bench. Maybe his job was to keep Darko from from exploding. Isn't he the one guy that could foul out on Shaq/Duncan every game?
  15. Zoso

Darth Tater.

It was in a few articles, not too long ago, that Sheed is highly motivated to make up for leaving Horry open in game 5.

Although you do make a valid point - Re: Him not making up for it in games 6&7. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see to find out where he is mentally. Less then a month until training camp opens, so at least we won't have to wait to long.
  16. Tyskillz

Motivation

Absolutely fellow Pistons fans, if Sheed is indeed motivated or has some chip on his shoulder for letting his teammates down in the Finals (as he should along with Tay & Rip) that would be FABULOUS!!!!! Actually the same freep article that helped start this thread actually offered a smidgin of proof this this allegation perhaps being true....

http://www.freep.com/sports/pistons/pistons7e_20050907.htm

"Wallace poked his head in throughout the news conference, and Davis glanced his way when a reporter asked him about Wallace's threat last season that "either you roll with us or you get rolled."

"I'm glad you brought that up," said Wallace, who spent the afternoon shooting around with Chauncey Billups under the watch of new coach Flip Saunders."

I don't know about you all but the quote above from that article is about all the proof I need. I could be wrong but I don't even think Sheed saw the practice facility floor at least until training camp last season (likely around October). Therefore the fact that he's already there shooting around and who knows what else is a pretty good sign in my book!
  17. Zoso

UncleTy

I heard that, Ty. Here it is only Sept. 7th and Sheed's already at the gym with Billups and his new coach? It sure sounds like he's itching to get this started to me.

Here's to hoping that he is actually putting some work in and not just there to show support at his new teammate's press conference. You know?
  18. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

I don't know if anyone else remembers Dr.J stating during the playoffs(can't recall which round) that the Stones looked like they tuned LB out.Well by the looks of the comments from them lately that very well seems to be true.

Delfino was a rook and hasn't been through what Sheed or CB have so I think cut him some slack everyone makes mistakes hopefully he learned from it and improves as a player.
  19. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

We all remember when Larry told the team "I love you guys" in the finals. I wonder what Rasheed meant when he said something like "I felt like cracking up." Did he mean it was just corny or did he mean he thought it was B.S.? Did he ever explain it?