1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Ironclad Evidence Warthog Isn't the Murderer

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Slippy, Sep 24, 2006.

?

Who Waxed the Warthog

Poll closed Sep 25, 2006.
  1. Tayshaunofthedead

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Professor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. DarthTater <-----

33.3%
  4. AuroraKMW

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Jammertime

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. webz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Dumars4ever

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. hack

66.7%
  9. the Low

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

...or maybe Jack Palance. I think I saw him at a Pistons game before. He smelled really good. Almost like Aqua Velva.

2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

What? Roscoe's dead???

Damn, I must have screwed up my notes!
    I was going to accuse him for sure this round.

3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Ok I fixed the thingie with Tay's name. back to the game.

4. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

bite me! why i oughtta!!

5. professor

:dancingparty:

this looks like a dancing party, but i'm actually the purple guy to the left and i'm wiggling to try to get that arrow away from my name in slippy's poll...

6. professor

'kay, here's what i've done so far. For each suspect, including me, i did a no-keyword, advanced search looking at all posts between 9:11 pm on 9/21, when Lurker was hung for majestik's murder and last night when Warthog was found dead. I looked through those results for basketball related posts, or basketball related words in non-basketball posts. Next, I did a second search for each suspect, in the same time frame looking for the keyword "wallace".

Now, remember that the murderer didn't have to use the word "wallace" in any posts. So it's absence doesn't make someone innocent and its presence doesn't make someone guilty.

of all the possible suspects, ranging them from least to most suspicious

The Low: didn't post at all during the time frame, no wallace obviously.

Tayshaunofthedead: didn't post at all during the time frame, no wallace obviously.

Dumars4Ever: posted 1 time during time frame, in Wolverine-Spartans Win thread, looked pretty innocent to me, though the word "championship" could be construed as a basketball word. no wallace.

Professor: posted 2 times during time frame: 1, a quote from the matrix in the dave cowens thread, 2 announcing his sign up in the novice league thread. (besides i know that I'm innocent, unless of course i'm a "zatarg" [http://www.scifi.com/stargate/episodes/season04/0405/]) no wallace

Webz: posted 4 times during time frame, all innocuous looking. no wallace.

DarthTater: posted 8 times, but it was all meaningless babble in baseball, spartan, or fantasy football threads. no wallace.

Aurora: posted just 5 times during time frame, mostly innocent and in innocent threads, except for one suspiciously "wallace"-ridden post yesterday in the September Articles thread.

Jammertime: posted 13 times during time frame. mostly very short messages, but a handful of them contain basketball related words (offense, finals, etc.). no wallace.

Hack: posted 15 times during time frame. lots in the "Darko" thread.lots of uses of the word championship. then also "fans" "bench" "rings" and "coach." no wallace.

7. Darth Tater

Purple guy...Purple guy? Hmmm...why does that ring..a bell...somewhere...Purple...purp...PLUM! Professor PLUM!!!!!!

AHA!
    I've got it now! Professor Plum with the arrow in the computer lab!!!!!

8. linwood

linwood All-Star

Nothing unusual there!

9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I don't think they have to use the pistons word in every murder post.

I never quite understood that, which is why I just went on instinct.

10. professor

you are totally right Roscoe. they don't have to use it any murder post. they can just use the two basketball related words everytime if they want.

and at this point, especially, it would get pretty risky to use the word in the murder post.

if i went on instinct (one i've had for some time), i'd say darthtater is one of the murderers. he's a wily beast. but, i really didn't see anything suspicious from him in this last round at all.

11. Darth Tater

:mmph: mmph!

You sure talk a lot for a guy who has a memorial coal burning oven named after him! :pound:

12. Darth Tater

Now I don't know which comment to be offended by!!!

The one that I'm a "Wily beast" which implicates me, or the "meaningless babble" comment which exonerates me. :rofl:

13. professor

:pound:

darth you can go a long way towards exonerating yourself (as will others -- [prof said ominously]) by participating in an examination of the evidence that will lead to the capture and extermination of the dastardly killer that still roams unpunished in the hallowed halls of pistonsforum.com...wreaking havoc and murderous mayhem.

14. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I've got some data I will check out when I get home from work. I just want to know whether both or only 1 murderer is left.

15. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I can answer that. But I won't :gun1:

16. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Professor, may I compliment you on some seriously thorough and well articulated research. My investigation yields the same results. I have a telephone book size Excel spreadsheet with all the suspects, all the murders, all the hangings and all the posts in the murder time frames.:rolleyes: It's so nice to see someone approaching the horror with a disciplined mind. :)

As far as your reference to my alleged murder post, well...I'm not the one. What are you going to build a case on? The defense will argue temporary insanity due to severe memory loss. Late one night while investigating a suspect, the accused ran across a RealGM article posted by webz about the future of her beloved DEEEETROIT BAAAASKETBAAALL :love: and the Pistons defensive prowess or lack thereof. In that instant she completely forgot about the murder game. Whaddya gunna do? Hang her:gaah: because she loves the Pistons playing lockdown defense :) and couldn't resist running her mouth about it in the wee hours? :nono:

I'm presently drowning in data :reading: :help2: but I'm hoping to have something solid by hanging time. It sure would be nice to get a murderer this time.:spy:

17. Tayshaunofthedead

Tayshaunofthedead First Round Draft Pick

you will be instantly off my suspect list if you show me the excel file. if i know you did that much stuff then i know you didn't do it. but for all we know you could be lying!!!
    right now though you have the benefit of the doubt from me

18. webz

Yeah, ok, so I've had enough analysing. its still too difficult to sort. To quote George from Seinfeld, "This things like an onion, the more layers you peel, the more it stinks!"

This research may be WAY OFF, but there are FOUR non-pistons words that keep coming up. They are:
    - Team
    - Game
    - Season
    - Play (which also resides in the words player and playing)

And to a lesser extent
    - Coach
    - League

'Wallace' has gone hiding during the last few killings, and has barely come out at all during the whole game even.

So from the FOUR non-pistons words above I have found:

Jammer has had the combination of words 'game & team', 'season & team', and 'play & team' appear in 4 of the 6 death periods and that doesn't include death period 2 which i didn't bother with because of his spam post. Wallace has appeared only once with the words 'free throw'.

Hack has had the combination of words 'coach & team' appear in 4 of the 6 death periods, and 'coach & game' appear in 3 of the 6 death periods. Wallace hasn't appeared.

Prof has had the combination of words 'play & team' appear in 3 of the 6 death periods. Wallace hasn't appeared.

Dumars has had the combination of words 'game, team & season' and 'play & team' appear in 2 of the 6 death periods. Wallace hasn't appeared. In his favour, he has posted 1 post or less in 3 of the 6 death periods. Not a likely suspect.

TheLow & TayFTD I don't suspect due to lack of evidence.

That leaves Aurora and Darth.

Darth has posted too many times to waste 5 hours researching, but his knowledge of the rules and co-commish relationship with Slippy in the forums leads me to suspect him very highly.

And Aurora, well she has probably posted the word Wallace more than anyone, but for whatever reason (maybe too kindly), I don't really suspect her, and because of her sleuthing reports.

So I guess Jammer is probably my highest suspect so far (and initial gut instinct from round 1), but I've thought all along that Darth just has to be one of the killers and so due to a lack of a standout suspect, Darth will receive my vote. Sorry buddy.

19. Darth Tater

:pound: LMFAO. Very nice work detective Webz.

In other words you are saying:

I present all of my evidence.

Ok, now that I've done that I see that it doesn't point to Darth.

So I would like to say forget all of the research I just presented.

It must be Darth because he read the rules and because he was nice enough to help Slippy out in fantasy basketball.

CLASSIC! :rofl:

20. webz

Haha, I thought you might like that one.

Well I never said the evidence didn't point to you, rather there was too much to go through, and there was no clear cut suspect so I thought it was time to get back on the Tater bandwagon. Which reminds me, where's linwood?