Is Danny Ainge the Matt Millen of the NBA?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Winless Wonders, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Ainge fined $30,000 - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

BOSTON (AP) -- The Boston Celtics confirmed Sunday that the team had been fined $30,000 by the NBA for excessive contact with the family of Texas star freshman and likely lottery draft pick Kevin Durant. General manager Danny Ainge sat next to Durant's mother during the Big 12 tournament. The league said Ainge violated rules demanding that contact be kept to a minimum between team executives and potential NBA draft picks, until college players officially declare for the draft.

Excessive contact?? I take that to mean that Ainge did more than just sit next to Durant's mother. Ainge must have approached Durant's family or Durant personally at some other point before or after the game. Unless Boston already has the #1 or 2 pick locked up I don't see a reason to be approaching Durant.

Which brings me to my question.

Is Danny Ainge the Matt Millen of the NBA?
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Well he sure sounds like a buffoon. You would think the Celts org. had people they could send that might NOT be noticed. One of the NBA's 30 GMs and a former NBA champion and All-Star is a pretty damn familiar face to park next to Ma Oden.
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Not sure if Danny is Matt Millen or not...well maybe since the Celtics have sucked since he took over, but my question is why is the NBA so anal?? Yeah it did appear stupid for him to be sitting next to her...maybe he had an extra ticket and gave it to her???

The NBA has to many silly regulations...If Ainge saw her outside choking or drowning or jumping off a ledge, does he ignore her and let her die? Now Bobcats and Warriors get fined just for mentioning Durrant and Oden's name?? In other words fans and media can talk and interview anybody, but teams can't even discuss these future NBA starz in passing conversation. I know I am much more closer to the NBA, but I never hear about these incidences in the MLB, NHL or NFL. Theirs are more about steroids, cheap hits, and getting in trouble in vegas., but nothing about dress codes, shouting at refs, etc