Is Flip holding up trades?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Feb 9, 2006.

1. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

How is Cato better than Dale Davis? Especially considering the guy is injured, with no expected return date. You think he would "put us over the top"?

2. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Mad, you mean the 'parade' for second place :doh: :eyebrows: ???

3. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

How can you say JO played with "heart" and "took advantage of oppourtunites"? His minutes never increased his first four years, he complained constantly about his lack of playing time, and Portland dumped him for Dale Davis. JO improved because he got traded, and Indy GAVE him minutes, they didn't wait for him to earn it. That's how you develop a top pick.

As for trades, Detroit needs PG, any other pickup is a waste. Flip will not play anyone else this year except for a new pg. I dont care who Joe gets, if they're not a pg, they wont play, so why bother making the trade.

4. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

there will also be plenty of time to cry when we go through another teal era as all our bigs are old and can't play anymore.

5. bball jay

you don't seem to get the idea.

dwight howard = on the court right from the start playing major minutes. not behind 3 former all stars.

nene = on the court playing major minutes. not behind 3 former all stars.

amare = on the court playing major minutes. not behind 3 former all stars.

kaman = on the court playing major minutes. not behind 3 former all stars.

gasol = on the court playing major minutes. not behind 3 former all stars.

darko = enough time on the court to put up 1 shot every week.

6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

BBJ, to everyones assumtion that Sheed doesn't rebound enough, it's because he knows BBen will fight him for them. When BBen is on the court the bounds are his.

7. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

TheeTFD, sounds about right.

8. FreshPrince22

Then we shouldn't be getting man-handled on the boards. Trust me, there are plenty of rebounds for Sheed to go after. I'll let him slide on the offensive boards, but we are a flat out bad defensive rebounding team. And Sheed doesn't have the "Three point line" as an excuse on that end. How many times have we seen Sheed's man have great nights on the offensive glass? Way too many to count.

9. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

As for trades, Detroit needs PG, any other pickup is a waste

Nonsene.
    CA is a PG many teams in this league dream of- and you consider him as a bad backup PG? What do you expect from a backup behind Chauncey who only gets about 12 minutes a game? For this role to fill, you can't get anyone better than him.

The only thing Detroit could need is someone to kick Tayhaun's butt to become consistent.

10. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

16 Mile

If you remember seeing JO play his first four years you would know what I'm talking about. JO understood that "garbage time" was actually "opportunity time."

Indy GAVE him minutes because (1) they had no one in front of him and (2) because they were not a serious championship contender at the time.

11. Mad Hatter

Bball-jay, YOU don't get the idea. Lemme help you out:

Dwight Howard = Monster right out the gate. Wild horses could not have kept him off the floor.:nod:

Nene = Pure beast, right out the gate.:nod:

Amare = Another pure beast, right out the gate.:nod:

Kaman = Opportunist with VERY strong post game offensively.:nod: Dogged your boy out in the summer leagues.

Gasol = All around talent with the eye of the tiger.:nod: His heart has never been questioned.

Darko = Pure hype, right out the gate. :frusty:

12. bball jay

rasheed wallace career average is around 8 per game. he's only played with ben for a couple of years. i never said sheed doesn't rebound enough. i said darko rebounds in a similar amount as sheed. it's about how many rebounds the team gets not each individual. all we have to do is pair darko with a rebounder just like we pair sheed with a rebounder.

13. bball jay

lb could have. kept him off the floor. just ask lebron, melo, wade, darko.
    how many championships does he have?
    how many championships?
    how many championships?
    how many championsips? his team lost and got swatted by darko.
    how many championships??
    1 championship. 2 finals trips. you don't get the idea i think you look at the individual for success instead of the team. darko has already had a successful career. you can argue that darko had nothing to do with those finals but you can't argue that he has a championship. at least 3 out of those 5 will never win a championship in thier career.

i still question how well those players would have been if they played behind 3 all stars. how much improvement they would make with 3 minutes every 4 games in thier 3rd season.

darko isn't just hype he's the truth. i can't wait to rub it in when he succeeds as an individual and you change your tune. just like you are doing with delfino now.

14. FreshPrince22

21-61
    27-55
    36-46

27-55

23-59
    50-32, then added Raseed, a HOF coach, and "Breakout Tayshaun".

Just to compare what kind of teams these guys went to, those were the records they had the year before they were drafted. All of them were thrown into big roles on their teams from day 1 because there were NO OTHER OPTIONS. They had to live through their mistakes. The Pistons don't have to, because the Pistons have all-stars galore at his position. Sorry to tell you, but the only rookies that are better than Sheed and Ben right out of the gates are guys like Tim Duncan and Shaq. They're rare. Both were college "veterans".

That's not to say Darko doesn't have issues. Sure, he probably should be pushing dice for minutes right now, but I don't think he has the mental toughness to push himself when he doesn't see real minutes in his future. In fact, the only time where Darko has shown big promise is just after the firing of LB through when the season started. He showed plenty of effort and heart then. The problem is that he doesn't appear to be willing to bust his ass when there isn't the promise of minutes in his immediate future. When Flip first got here it looked like there were. That's the same time he started really putting it together. Then he had 1 really bad performance against the Knicks, and Flip pulled an LB and benched him for good. Now we're back where we were last year.

15. Mad Hatter

FreshPrince22

I understand that. Got nothing to do with DMC playin with gumption.

If not pushing Dice, he should have TAKEN the 4th big role by now. This is his third year and lots of us have been VERY patient for the first two. If he dosen't have the mental toughness, he needs to play for a team where that trait don't matter so much.

bball jay

While we're waitin to see if he IS the truth, we can go get another ring. No use in wastin time. One tune that won't ever change, is his legacy HERE.

Don't get me started on last year's (or last summer's) version of Delfino. Unlike Darko, my issue with CD was never his game. You may have found his behavior last year acceptable but many of us did not. That's water under the bridge now. Suffice it to say that I HAVE warmed up to Delfino because of his play! So what?