Is Jason Next?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by dozero, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Smoooth

Smoooth First Round Draft Pick

Wow Roscoe I hope your right, if Bosh comes to Detroit then the whole city of Toronto would jump on the Piston bandwagon and you can expect at least 100+ new members on this forum.

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

If that happens, I hope they are fans like you. Dignified. Intelligent. Responsible.

We don't need any more Canadian riff raff like Jammertime. :P

3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Scoe & Army... this is my understanding based on a similar discussion about LeBron (identical salary as Bosh)... If Bosh were to forgo his final 2 years salary he would get a slight drop from this years salary based on the reduced BRI... the new starting amount would be apprx. 15.76M in 2009/10 (close to what Roscoe guessed).

James, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade signed extensions after the 2006 season so that when their contracts expired, they would fall into the second tier of players who have tenure between 7 and 10 years. Their maximum salaries would be 30 percent of the salary cap or a 5 percent increase from their previous season’s salary.

It obviously benefits Bosh to get an early extension b4 a trade... he can get the full 6 year contract (bird rights) @ 10.5% increases by signing first .
    If we were to make a deal for Bosh we'd need to get within the 25% of Bosh's salary (coincidentlly same initials as Chauncey) or 11.81M... Rip makes 11.62M... so we're within a minimum contract of making this trade possible srt8 up...
    Keep in mind Jmax is a BYC player now... so his trade value is roughly 2.5M despite his 5M contract... the extra wiggle room from the Nuggs could make a difference... especialy if we're taking back another undesirable contract.

This could be why Joe had a quick trigger to sign CV & BG.. to make our situation look attractive to Bosh.

Short story is we're damn close to making the numbers work Rip for Bosh.

4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I did a quick scan of this thread so i'm a little unclear how we got from Boozer to Bosh, but . . .

If Joe manages to get Boozer w/o giving up Rip or Tay, i will write love letters about him for at least a week and post them here. :)

I'm not sure how Bosh works, but if he gets Bosh w/o giving up a major piece (although from what i understand Rip has to go for that to work), my head will explode.

Right now i will continue to be annoyed we traded AA. Now i have to watch DEN and MIL.

5. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Amen. That dude is bad news.

6. roscoe36

He was a nice guy 3 years ago, but Darth Tutu corrupted him. Brought him over to the dark side of the forum.

7. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Amen. That dude is bad news.

8. roscoe36

Thanks a lot for the legwork Merc.

So it is possible. And the early signings and cap moves, and CV31's tweet could all be supporting evidence.

Man, I will be to the moon if we can pull this off.

9. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

The attitude difference between this board and RealGM is staggering.

The prevailing opinion is that we not gonna do anything and that Joe and CV are idiots. I hate that board; it's patronizing.

I won't even act that I know what Joe is gonna do. I still think all this Bosh and Okafor stuff is a pipe dream, but that's why we're fans and that's why Joe does what he does. While he's made some bad decisions, he can manuever in and out of contracts and bad money/bad pick situations like no other.

10. roscoe36

Isn't that where lpgrl hangs out?

11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

So, Toronto would be:

Calderon
    Rip
    Turkoglu
    Bargnani
    Reggie Evans

Gaping lack of real big men.

But I guess they could be patient because they would have all their main guys locked up for a quite a while. Barny through 2015.

12. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

I'm not sure.

I know I've seen a couple of our names over there but not many of our regulars are the mainstay personalities.

It's become a very unenjoyable place to be. I thought it would get better when we flushed AI and his fans out of our system, but it hasn't really helped.

13. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

As do I. It's nice to have fans of all teams lumped in one big place. However, they are dreaming Okafor, we're dreaming Bosh. It's easy to know which is the better forum.

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

If it were Okafor, does a similar logic apply and make the trade a possibility?

Because we are hopeful that it is Bosh, we may be overlooking someone else that fits the same dynamic.

15. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Cute. But sadly i do not have an account there although i do read the posts. I feel obligated to come here and inject some reality among all the delusion :)

16. roscoe36

I'm not worried about being better, I am happy we are different.

This is a forum with a lot of old timers, and without the trolls from other team forums (been on RealGM a few years back). I don't think there are a lot of folks there who remember seeing games at Cobo. And I think we've got more women and international fans (per capita) which gives us a different vibe.

We're just in the black right now, so I'm not exactly beating on doors to recruit new members. It's a good mix that grows organically and the culture is all its own.

17. dozero

dozero First Round Draft Pick

Read an article somewhere 'bout Rasho stating he's like to go back to the Raps.

18. roscoe36

Rasho is a more talented player than NazMo.

19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That's not that bad of a team (i.e. not completely unwatchable). Lot's of jump shots and weak defense though.

20. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I never saw games at Cobo, but I did see a few games at Joe Louis back in the mid-80s when the Silverdome collapsed and was leaking. That was fun....a totally different atmosphere.