Is Sheed the most underachieving player in NBA?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mikhail1973, Jan 26, 2008.

?

Is Sheed the most underachieving player in NBA?

1. Yes

21.4%
  2. No

78.6%
  1. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I think the mantra of Sheed's career is that one doesn't beat 5. I don't think he believes that him dominating is best for the team. He went to Carolina because (paraphrasing), 'Coach Smith could take all the McDonald All Americans and get them to play as one'

He is by far the most talented Piston. Someone like Rip wold not be nearly as effective without his screens. CB either. Playing a team style results in him disappearing or getting lost in the shuffle sometimes.

I would say someone like KG is more of an underachiever. To have that talent and not won more? Think of some of those level-headed Portland teams Sheed played for. They all made the playoffs. The West was every bit as tough back then.
  2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Y'all crazy :). Sheed is about 40% of what he could have been had he really wanted IT. Dont you see that that is what makes him an underachiever. Rasheed could have been as Good as "The Dream" (Olajuwon) had he wanted to. Rasheed loves the game but he doesn't LOVE the game. He does not put basketball above all else, while he loves to hoop, loves the commrodority (sp?) of the league he does not have a fanatical passion for the game like KG, MJ, Magic, Bird, Zeke. Sheed is that 3.3GPA student who makes the Honor Roll without even studying and typing papers the day before they're due. Sheed's natural talent makes him better than about 80% of the league, if he ever bothered to start working as hard as KG or Dwight Howard he'd emabarass the competition on both ends of the floor every single night just like the "Dream" used to do.
  3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

camaraderie
  4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

That's why I come around here, you all are so much smarter than I is :)