Is Stern's job in jeopardy?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mikhail1973, Aug 21, 2007.

1. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

One should know that when you are in the club, you don't embarrass the system. New money that is earned (most of the old money is past down) is suspect: don't be cocky, analytical, emotional, can read books, and most of all...not genuflecting to the market value of buying what you need and let others do your thinking.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I love reading every one of your posts, even when I don't fully comprehend them.

New money can be credible, but credibility and careful alliance are the keys to establishing a power base of new within old.
  3. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Absolutely, but in most cases there is a behind the scenes mentor. So far, there is an absolute vacuum in ownership perceptiveness (this is why Stern has so much power) and Cuban continues to be all alone.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

And that's the kicker.

The lack of perceptiveness, as with William Clay Ford and the Detroit Lions, is compensated for by hiring an elite spokesman/decision maker.

The new school ownership (Bob Johnson, Mark Cuban et al) are self made men, not old money stalwarts. They expect to profit by getting their hands dirty, and thrive on being the ones making the risky decisions, win lose or draw.
  5. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Sounds like Steinbrenner to me..............:pound:
  6. max

max All-Star

I am not sure who we would get. Probably someone we never heard of before. I hope he is more flexable.

Even before this I thought Stern had to go. He peaked back in the 80's, the 90's were good to him. Ever since Jordan left he has not been able to draw the fans in. He seems to only know one way of doing things and is too arrogant to ever change. Its always been his way or the highway.

If you think of the commish as a CEO you have to be able to change with the times. If plugging superstars is not working anymore then try something else.

He has no clue how to handle this ref scandale. Whats needed is a proactive approach, not silence and hoping it goes away. Its not going away.
  7. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

I'm waiting for Ayn Rand/Atlas Shrugged metaphor. Unfortunately my English stinks, or I'd give it.