Is washington still trying to trade out of the #5 pick?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Jun 9, 2009.

1. blueadams

blueadams Team Captain

How about Rip Hamilton and the #15 pick for the #5 pick...AND THUS...James Harden - a promising all-around two-guard that could give us a great backcourt combo.

wizards - looking like contenders all of the sudden - C: Haywood, PF: Jamison, SF: Butler, SG: Hamilton, PG: Arenas.

pistons - trade rip for a legit big man, sign joe johnson next year and we're looking like CHAMPS - C: ???, PF: Millsap?, SF: Prince, SG: Harden, PG: Stuckey.
  2. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

I'm confused by this post. Are we to trade Rip and the #15 for the #5 (James Harden)? or are we to trade Rip for a legit big and if so how do we end up with Harden still? I also don't think these moves would = a championship even with the addition of JJ.
  3. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

The Wiz still wants to move their #5 ick and are listening to all offers.

If we give up Rip ad the #15 (even though the Wizards wants to not take on a 1st rounder period), we would have to take on additional salaries from the wizards probably Eton Thomas, Deshawn Stevenson or some other combination of players.
  4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Etan Thomas could be the legit big man at C who could also be a force in the Detroit community!

Then they could acquire Adonal Foyle to provide shot blocking as the backup C and those 2 could have poetry nights. It sure would top Sheed and Rip complaining to the refs all the time, no?
  5. Tha Locstah

I feel ya Ernie! One name nobody has mentioned that could turn our low post woahs around is Jerome James......dude's got the size and with as much cap room as Joe's cleared we should be able to afford him.
  6. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

That would work. James could fill the Role that Kelvin Cato used to have. Since Cato left we have been missing something.
  7. Tha Locstah

Kelvin Cato. That brings back memories. I'm still waiting for the "Where Are They Now" piece on him.
  8. Ernie the Slow Adult

Does anyone know if Jerome James writes poetry? If yes then I'm down.
  9. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Hell no, I wasn't saying by no means that I would prefer to have Eton Thomas on our squad, that scenario was used as an example.

I live here in the D.C. area and have seen thomas enough to not to ever want him in the red and blue.

Are you crazy?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  10. Ernie the Slow Adult

I agree it would be crazy if they just added Thomas, but if you add Adonal Foyle to the mix I think they can really compliment one another and form a really strong duo.
  11. Jumpman313G

Jumpman313G First Round Draft Pick

Why do everyone wants Harden at 5 (if we get the pick)
    I would want DeMar DeRozan from USC, this guy has the stuff to become an All-Star type a player a matter of years...This what I think we should trade

Wizards get:
    Richard Hamilton
    15th overall pick
    '09 second round pick

Detroit get:
    5th overall pick (DeRozan)
    Mike James
    Nick Young/JaVale McGee
  12. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

More likely to be tay than rip. Detroit would use the 5th pick and Mike james expiring contract and Amir to get Bosh out of Toronto. I see nick young as the back up PG.

unfortunately that would leave a hole at small foward. How do we get Shawn Marion/Grant Hill/Matt Barnes?
  13. Tha Locstah

second.
  14. Tha Locstah

Or Battier?
  15. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

Trading Rip & the 15th pick for anyone other then Rubio or Griffin is worthless.
  16. ocellatus

ocellatus First Round Draft Pick

The Wizards are trying to cut salary. They might use the 5th pick to save them some money. I say we acquire the Wizards 5th pick. Trade a couple of 2nd rounders for Etan Thomas & the 5th pick. That would save the Wizards over 16 million this year with them being in the tax. Then draft James Harden. The Grizzlies & Kings have the shooting guard spot filled. LAC & OKC I see taking big men. Harden just might be around at #5. If we could get the pick and still keep our 15th. I'd take James Johnson, Earl Clark, Ty Lawson, B.J. Mullens or Tyler Hansbrough & Jodie Meeks with the 44th. Trade Prince & Amir for Mike Miller, Kevin Love & Brian Cardinal. If we where able to do all of this Miller, Thomas, Brown & Cardinal would be 27 million off the books in 2010. Giving us cap space for Two big name players.

Stuckey/Bynum
    Rip/Harden/AA/Meeks
    Miller/Clark/Sharpe
    Love/Max/Cardinal
    Brown/Thomas
  17. Ernie the Slow Adult

I could see them taking the #5 pick so they could take Jrue Holiday. Tell me this doesn't sound like Joe's type of player.

Take this kid at 5 and find some foreign big man who's reputed to have a killer J who just started playing last week with one of the 2nd rounders and the draft will be a success in my book.

UCLA's Jrue Holiday could be backcourt boon | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press
  18. max

max All-Star

I think we should be able to keep our own pick. Rip is at least worth a #5 pick by himself.

I believe Washington would have to remain under the cap after taking on Rip's salary. Otherwise the salaries would have to match.
  19. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Personally, I like this kid. There were reports of him having had a very good workout for the Pistons, so I think he is a possibility. He's a PG. He's less explosive than Russell Westbrook, but they both ended up having to play off guard with Collison there. I'm not sure how exactly he'd fit, though, since he's someone who needs the ball to be effective. From what I've seen, though, he's a better natural playmaker than Stuckey is. He slots himself in as a PG, and he seems to have the court vision for it. He's sort of a boom or bust player though, since he's still so young.
  20. max

max All-Star

Sounds good but can he play now? At least 10 MPG or so.

This learning from the bench thing has not been working out for us. Last thing I want out of the draft is getting someone and reading about how he has to earn his mins in practice.