Isaiah Thomas :: Must Read

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Nov 6, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I wish we had that kind of article coming out of detroit. Was there someone sitting that close?

I am crossing my fingers for isiah.
  3. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Funny that they still manage to leave out that the CBA was bankrupt BEFORE Zeke bought it and that he made payroll out of his PERSONAL checking account...
  4. barbara SanAntone

barbara SanAntone First Round Draft Pick

Thanks Roscoe, it was a GREAT read, especially since we just played Knicks tonight, oh yes, again Friday (how did we get them twice in one week?) Fans boo-ed all night, figured they were boo-ing spurs, but it could have been the Knicks. Then all of a sudden, in the 4th, the Knicks had a 20-2 run, only one point down and 3 min to go...the fans went crazy, sports announcer said it sounded like a Finals championship crowd. Then "poof" they stopped, just like that. Spurs won.

Now, if they love Isaiah like they say they do, why don't the guys work for him ALL the time. I know you guys love and respect him, but I feel sorry for him and the "short leash" to prove himself. I thinks it disrespects him. You know, it's tough to do, but sometimes you have to cut the strings. If Marbury is a malcontent, or a cancer to the team, or only wants to play when he feels like it, he is giving any consideration for the guy who has gone out on a limb for him. I can see how Isiah identifies with Marbury as a kid, but he has to remember how he was as a Piston player, and how would he react with a guy like Marbury. From what I read, Marbury doesn't have Piston DNA. There's a difference between being tough and competitive and selfish and immature. I think Isiah has been blind-sided.

He seems like a good guy and you know, he will probably get shafted and the ones he tried to help, or thought he was helping, wont even care.

It was a funny article though, especially about Larry Brown.
  5. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

yeah it kinda too late to change starbury back to marbury but some knicks fans want francis and q.rich out since they crowd out that role.
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Isiah is a tragically flawed character who has had about the same amount of luck as Michael Jordan, post playing career.

Still, Zeke is ours for the way he soldiered us from obscurity to back to back titles.
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

T he NBA wanted to buy the CBA from Zeke? Why? Did they see it as a true League Work Stoppage buster? Did they see their assets playing for Richmond and other minor league cities, as Zeke pulled the strings? Buying the Union time? Or did they just want to save Zeke from a bad investment? Why didn't Zeke sell? Bad offer?
    I hear LB got 70% of disputed money. $28M
  8. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

The NBA did NOT want to buy the CBA from Zeke. Zeke made it public knowledge at the time that he had plans to turn the CBA into more of a farm system with actual direct ties to the NBA.

However, Stern quickly tossed Zeke and his idea out the window and thumbed his nose while starting the D-league soon after. There was no intention on the part of the NBA to further utilize the CBA once Zeke suggested it.
  9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

So the art. was wrong? My understanding is the union is letting the CBA rot.
    Clearly letting Zeke manage/coach was less threatening than Zeke running a pseudo DL.
  10. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

WTF ??? Isiah Thomas "owns" the CBA?