Isiah, Stephon, and the Knicks soap opera

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dumars4Ever, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

You know irregardless of what anyone thinks or says, I really like Isiah Thomas. Fact of the matter is, the Knicks sucked long before Thomas arrived and will continue to suck long after he's gone.

Honestly, I wish he would just resign so he can leave them and their "Fire Isiah" chants to their horrible team. They had a crap roster before he got there with the highest payroll in the league and Isiah did what he could to turn that aging lack of talent into youth with talent, all the while being stuck with the highest salary in the league. True he's made one or two bad decisions as GM, not even the infallible Joe D. can say that he hasn't.

People have already made up their minds to hate this guy no matter what, so I'll be just as satisfied to watch the Knicks continue to be a laughing stock even after the escape goat is gone.

2. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Yeah, so true. Live is hard out there in NYC.

3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Low your loyalty knows no bounds.

4. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I'm not quite sure I deserved that...:confused:

5. max

max All-Star

Lets say Dumars quit tomorrow. Would you want Isiah running the Pistons?

6. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Yes but no, because Stern & Co. will vow to run the Pistons out of the league. I perceive the running drama is that the league is building up the atmosphere to get Isiah out via mainstream media.

7. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

new york is a total mess, but look back at the whole thing. Isiah inherited an over the cap old player losing team. He has gotten alot of youngre talent on the team and on paper they should be a playoff team. He has always been a great judgement of talent look at his draft picks from his days in toronto till now. I actually wouldn't be upset if we had Isaih return to coach the team if it wasn't for his off the court drama.

8. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I don't think any team can succeed very much with bad ownership, no matter who the coach or GM is. A lot of this off-court stuff with Isiah has been self-inflicted, and it would be tough for any team to deal with, but the main problem for the Knicks is that their owner has no idea how to run an NBA franchise.

9. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Agree with this. He should start anew somewhere else. Get the hell outta the Big Apple. Actually, I'd love to see the guy go back to Sweet Home Chicago and coach college or HS. I'm quite serious.

10. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Read this on a hoops website which I found quite funny. I love the last line with the name in brackets. :pound:

11. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Low, I agree he had to restructure that team but that young talent isn't producing. Or Zeke can't coach. I think he can motivate but that isn't enough. Their record the last THREE years is ~.300 !!!
    -
    And after the court mess I don't think he is college material. I heard a qoute from Zeke, of course it was out of context, but he said, "This team needs to learn how to win".

12. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I dunno whether it ends this soap opera or not but quite many( me included) are convinced that Knicks will be new home to lebron after his contract expires in cleveland.

13. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

count me among those.... when your goal is to be the richest.... (gee nice goal.... wouldn't you think you'd want to be the best?) its sure sounds like he's going to want to get to new york to make the money, and his pathetic showing of yankee gear right and left almost in spit of his cleveland/ohio upbringing can almost be taken as code.

He is smart (remember wants to be the richest) so theres no way he'll ever be proven of tampering and lose his chance at going to newyork.

The only other team i'd throw out there.... he could very likely end up in newjersey, isn't one of his buddies a part owner?

14. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

:sssh:

15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

What kind of money was DM taking down back then?