Isiah vs Joe Dumars

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by himat, Mar 1, 2006.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Zeke is still putting the pieces together. He's tried young guys in Toronto and NY but we know that's not going to work. Let's see if he can get the payroll under control.
    He's got a good coach but we know LB has an agenda. Like working vets. running off rookies and breaking tweeners to his will. Or running them off to.
  3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

he needs to be patient. he can't do any deal available. if he keeps pulling off bad moves like this people will forget about the player he once was.
  4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I can't stand NY and NY teams. The biggest NY fan is JT the Brick. He says for Lent he will stop talking about the Knicks. [I said it was Rick Balue in another post but it was JTTB] The Knicks are that pathetic.
    What I want to make clear is that noone should be "low blowing" Zeke. Got to watch his back.
  5. max

max All-Star

Isiah drafts better than Dumars. But thats about it. They did pick the same coach but Isiah paid a lot more.
  6. Sycamore Sam

Sycamore Sam First Round Draft Pick

Nice article but I'm still wondering how in the world IT was given the wheels of the NBA's most storied franchise? Anybody in Toronto or Indiana could have foreseen the trainwreck that Zeke has put together in NY and some of us were saying that the minute he was hired to clean up in NY. He's cleaned up, no doubt, and is likely to find his way out.
    To say that he needs time to see if "he can get the payroll under control" is nothing short of a crock. Sorry.
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

What're you saying Shine? This is his 3rd ? year in NY. Can he not fix it. My understanding at Indy he had the team in the right direction before Bird pulled the rug out. In Toronto, BMalone wouldn't behave so he had to can him.
  8. Pastor Flournoy

Pastor Flournoy First Round Draft Pick

JD not looking like such a bad drafter anymore. He has been great with late pulls like Prince, Memo, and soon to be delfino. Only knock was Darko and White, and Darko is looking great.
  9. Sycamore Sam

Ouch. Three years is more than enough to prove that you have no handle. Especially in today's sporting world, a world that wants to know what have you done for me yesterday. Without rehashing old wounds, Isiah Thomas had a TON of talent in Indy and three years in a row he lost the first round of the playoffs to the Boston Celtics. The first year, okay, that was termed a "rebound" year. Second was a wakeup call but by year 3, with Brad Miller in the lineup sometimes that team was trying new things like "The Quick" and a player for every position, and the wheels completely fell off. Now we are seeing the Knicks go in a direction, during the third year, that is proving he's had his science project blow up.
    I ask, why, when the HC position was open in detroit, wasn't Isiah given a sniff? Because his track record was unacceptable to Joe Dumars. Why would any other team want that track record?
  10. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

There was a poll on ESPN asking who would you like LEAST to run your organization?

Thomas or Millen?

Thomas won by a large margin.

Sad. :(
  11. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Well I guess I can't have his back any more.
    Millen over Thomas - WOW!
    Atrocious GM <8*[ }
  12. himat

himat Bench Warmer

marbury and francis played great together, but they still lost to memphis 101-99 ouch!
  13. Caliban

Caliban First Round Draft Pick

Homer Simpson over Thomas. :)
  14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'll give Zeke a break for a little while longer. It is very hard for me to separate the player from the GM.
  15. Sycamore Sam

And this is it in a nutshell. It used to be called "hate for Zeke" back when it was actually IT's track record. It's probably tough to separate the player from anything else that he will do.
    Zeke got the required vote of confidence from Dolan anyway so LB will have to put up with him how much longer?
  16. Caliban

Caliban First Round Draft Pick

And as the old saying goes the "I's" have it. After all, you can't spell winner without one. :nod:
  17. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

Put Zeke in charge of the draft...at least the first round. His record in the draft is miles ahead of Dumars. Never the less, I'll stick with Joe. Gonna be interesting to see how opinions change when Zeke lands KG (if he survives long enough). Zeke is crazy like a fox, I tell ya! :spy:
  18. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Zeke has the heart. I just don't think he has the brain or the patience of a Dumar. He's too quick with the trigger finger. Although I was impressed with his patience in waiting for LB. Just trying to win too soon if thats possible.
  19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

How did JD know Buckets would come free. Did he tamper?
    What were the ESPN talking heads saying about the Delk signing?
  20. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Does Zeke get credit for the D league

The D league is going strong with NBA status. But it will piss off locals like minor league baseball teams do because whenever the talent gets good, say bye bye. Forget about keeping a winner.
    ...But how much credit did Zeke get for forcing the the NBA to start and maintain a D.L.? Everyone knew it was needed including the NCAA but shyed away.
    ...When Zeke couldn't get an NBA job he confronted the NBA with the Con. B.A. as a foil against a owner lock-out. Then sold the Con.B.A. to the NBA Players Union. There's plenty of talent too go around. Some say he ruined the Con.B.A. but if it has stagnated wouldn't it be at the hands of the Player Union?