It's time to **** or get off the pot

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mercury, Nov 27, 2005.

1. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

yup. :nod: i'm going to support darko until the end of this discussion. but darko discussions do help pass the time between these long breaks between games. maybe tonights game will give us something better to talk about.

2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

If Darko never logs another minute or never swats another shot, he's done a great deal for pistons forums everywhere. For better or worse.

3. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

wdfn right now

they are talking about the lack of bench help right now bench needs more time

4. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

(Sitting in a room full of newly made ash trays and backscratchers.)

5. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Bench

The bench needs more time to develop.....they will get it done!!!
    GO PISTONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i have a knack for posts that no one responds to...i'm known for being a 'thread killer', so maybe i can help out :eyebrows:

7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

That's because his thread titles are so funny (outrageous):

"Larry Brown is an A..."

"Time to s... or get off the pot".

I think you should run some contests for New Years Eve (make it an annual thing). Do polls for stuff like:

(1) Funniest thread title
    (2)Funniest thread
    (3)Best thread
    (4) Best post
    (5) Funniest photo
    (6)Funniest post
    (7) most popular thread (views)
    (8) most popular thread (replies)
    (9) dumbest post
    (10) funniest poster... Gotta be basketbill with Mercury right on his arse... lmao...hmmmm...reminds me of the honeymoon sheep picture:laugh:

Just a suggestion. It may be too hard to do. Not sure how you would do it or if people would even find it interesting.
    Maybe people could nominate stuff...I dunno.

8. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Question for the Capologists:

Following the 06-07 season our qualifying offer for Darko is $6.8 mil.

1- What are our options if we don’t think he is worth that much but wish to retain his services.

2- If offered some humongous lootie, how can we do the sign and trade and take less (non-matching) salary. I imagine that had to be the case when we acquired Ben and Chuckie for Grant Hill.

9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

If I understand this correctly, Darko is a free agent after year 4 unless we tender him the qualifying offer in which case he becomes restricted and we have 7 days to match any offers he receives.

Joe can hope to land him with a smaller deal in FA otherwise we have to at least pay the one year qualifying offer amount if his agent and Joe cannot come to terms.

Sign & Trades are about money and the length of contract. They also depend upon the two sides (current team and player) reaching an agreement that allows a S&T. This could be a grey area with Darko as it is unlikely he will be a max deal player.

Because Detroit has his Bird Rights, they can offer him a longer deal (6 instead of 5 years) than another team, however there is really no other advantage for Darko to do a S&T.

I'm a wannabe capologist.

10. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

bball, I know you've taken your share of abuse for your never ending Darko support... I'm pretty sure that some day you'll get the last laugh... As long as you can recognize the frustration from not getting value from this #2 pick.
    Even Micro would be as happy as a giraff at a tree trimming convention if the kid would pan out (in a Piston uni).
    I think we would all feel better about him if there was at least a consistent amount of effort.

*** Lanierfan buys a kiln for his new pottery shop.

11. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

yes. i understand the frustration about darko not seeming like the value of a # 2 pick. i just want other people to understand that darko hasn't been treated like the typical # 2 pick. he hasn't been groomed and developed like the typical # 2 pick. so i don't understand why people expect the performance of a typical # 2 pick.

i also want people to understand that maybe his lack of effort is misunderstood personality. he's just simply a laid back euro guy that doesn't yell after rebounds or dunks or blocks. also his personal distaste for garbage time should also be understood or at least taken into account. 2 years of being a victory cigar while other lottery picks are getting chance after chance to show what they have can kinda give you a bad taste about gt. 1 injury during garbage time can also make you a bit hesitant during garbage time.

12. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Another reason for supporting some extra DMC minutes... if Sheed goes down... Darko becomes a major factor... I'd rather see him somewhat ready to step in.

13. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

I agree on being all about the Benjiis.
    In the S&T, is there a way to sign UKW for much dough, while taking back a lesser amount of salary in the form of accepted players. Joe may wish to remain below the luxury threshold. Maybe I foolishly assumed that Ben and Chuckie came with a sufficiently lower combined salary the Granties new deal.

14. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

The scenario this would work is with a team well under the cap... they can assume more salary in a trade... it also works if a team has a trade exception.