I've had enough!

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Darth Tater, May 25, 2006.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

OK, I can't bite my tongue any longer.:ballchainAnyone who doesn't like this....too damned bad! :mad2:

I'm pisssed off. Before I was just bewildered and bummed out over the Piston's play, but enough is enough. I've totally had it with them standing around when they have the ball:help:. I'm equally sick of watching them give free passage to the hoop :bolt:when they don't have the ball. Has someone or some thing (an alien...no, not Darko) taken over their collective minds?:spy:

This is not Deeeetroiiiit Basketbaaaal.:frusty:

How pisssed am I? I've been super busy lately but tonight I finally have an opportunity to watch the game. :pop2::couch2:My other option is to use the time to pick up needed groceries:pizza:. I really don't know which one I'm going to do. I feel like win or lose tonight (my guess is they win by 7 points), they are going to display more of the same crap we've seen the last 6 games.

I stuck with them during the Cleveland series, and knew they would win even when down 2-3, but nothing has changed. :boom:

I have no clue what the problem is? :noidea:They played hard all year to lose focus in the playoffs? I mean...WTF???? :yell:

I'm only a fan. Maybe I have no "right" to be pissed. I've only paid to see one game, and that money went to the Utah Jazz. But I'm still PISSSSSSED!:mmph:

They are playing horribly and they deserve to lose! They are entitled to NOTHING! :nono:

Crap, I'll bet I end up in the chatroom tonight. :crazy:
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I agree with everything you wrote DT.

This guys better give us and themselves 100% tonight. The Heat will be looking to seize early control of this series by winning both road games. There is no tomorrow (technically there is, but I'm trying to be dramatic)!!

Excellent smilie usage btw. :D

Oh, and why are you not grocery shopping now?!?! Are you waiting for another TATER shipment to come in so you can have fresh baked 'tatoes, and frenchy fries and mashed taters and latke?

See you in chat. ;)
  3. SKluck

SKluck First Round Draft Pick

I'll be honest, truly, I don't care what happens. Of course deep down I want the guys to pull it out and win the ship, but I find myself kind of hoping they lose. They don't deserve to win, champions don't squeak out of rounds against awful awful teams. This isn't Detroit Basketball, if this is how they want to win, I don't want them winning. I don't like their attitude.

To think we thought we had 4-5 years where we could compete and this group could be among the best ever with maybe 3 rings. Gone in an instant. This is how teams blow up.
  4. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

:nod::(:tsk::rant::Cry:

:rip:
  5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

We won't win if we keep playing like this.
  6. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

oh my my... all this talk of "deserving" and what the Pistons "ought" to do! feels like i'm in the United Church of Deeeetroit Bassssssketball and we're upbraiding our pastors from straying from the path....

but which path would that be?

and shouldn't we "judge not lest we be judged?"

no, in all seriousness, i do know where y'all are coming from; but think of it as a kind of divinely ordained test of faith, like God ordering Abraham to sacrifice Isaac... the angel didn't stay Abe's hand until he'd raised the knife. Of course, Abraham wasn't happy about it, but he went to the mat for his Lord and at the last possible moment, his Lord came through and heapethed rewards aplenty: sayeth the Lord, and I quoth:

"By myself I have sworn, says the LORD: Because you have done this, and have not withheld your son, your only son, I will indeed bless you, and I will make your offspring as numerous as the stars of heaven and as the sand that is on the seashore. And your offspring shall possess the gate of their enemies, and by your offspring shall all the nations of the earth gain blessing for themselves, because you have obeyed my voice."

So trudge on o weary soldiers! trudge on and may your faith be a beacon unto you during this dark night, bringing you safely to the harbor for "yea, though I walk in the shadow of the valley of an 0-3 ECF deficit... yadda yadda yadda"!!

:amen:
  7. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I've found myself to be surprisingly disinterrested for most of these playoffs and very apathetic to the outcome. I've avoided watching large portions of the games, with no good reason not.

Its very uncharacteristic of me, as I'm normally a VERY passionate fan (I do a lot of swearing, yelling and cheering at the tv).

Like I've said before, I still WANT the Pistons to win, but I'm just not feeling this team right now. If they can be non challant and disinterested about the games, than why can't I?
  8. professorspawn

professorspawn Second Round Draft Pick

I dunno, dude. I don't think they're messing up for God.:ohwell:
  9. 1989

1989 First Round Draft Pick

Nice post professor, but as pointed out by professorspawn, there definitely is a difference between Abraham making a supreme sacrifice in the name of the Almighty and the Pistons not doing much of anything for no good reason at all.

Anyway, they won tonight. I missed the game, but I can only assume they put in a better effort than on Tuesday, which was a disgrace.

[EDIT]
    Oh, or are you saying that we, the fans, are the ones making the sacrifice by having to stick by the team when their play has been, well, questionable? I see. Right, well I'd much prefer if they simply got back into character ASAP and dispensed with the mood swings. They're the manic-depressives of the NBA.
    [/EDIT]
  10. roscoe36

It was a much better effort. They still aren't firing on all cylinders but Tay and Ben really handled their business in the second half.

The game was on TSN. Game 4 will also be on TSN I believe. You can check the sched at http://www.nba.com/canada/
  11. 1989

1989 First Round Draft Pick

Thanks for the heads-up on the sked, micro, but I don't actually have television at my place. I do have a TV, but not cable or satellite. So I miss a lot (in fact, most) of the games.

I haven't had television for years in fact, but I always seem to find a way to catch games, especially at playoff time. Last year I was living in hotels. The year before I was taking care of a friend's place during the summer, and he had cable.

This year I'm on my own, and though I considered getting cable just for the playoffs and sundry other sporting events, I decided against it.
  12. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

yes, i'm saying we fans are the ones in the abraham position: our faith tested by the Pistons up and down play. Abraham had to be ready to sacrifice Isaac -- he had to go the limit. As pistons faithful, we may have to be ready to stick with the team even if they were to have gone down 3-0 in the ECF and looked ugly every minute of it. that was the analogy anyway. sorry it wasn't clear.

but as you can tell from my post, which was largely tongue-in-cheek, i was mostly caught up on a wave of Old Testament passion, sparked by preceding posters use of words like "deserving" and "ought", which suddenly made me feel as if i were in a church and the pistons were somehow sinning.
  13. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I'm on the same page as you guys. I've had enough!
  14. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Ok, I'll bite. I've had enought of several things. If I have to pick one thing about the Pistons recent games that is driving me up the wall its the turnovers in critical places, oh hell, all the turnovers. :frusty: The second thing would be watching opposing players waltz straight to the basket. La de da dunk. Get the bench our there to give hard fouls or something. It's embarrassing. DEE-TROIT BAAASKETBAAALL is not happening. :Cry:
  15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

This ain't our team. What I've found out is that this team needs a hard Azz of a coach to keep them (Chauncey) from getting big headed, and lethargical. The perfect scenario would be to fire Flip at the end of the regular season and hire LB for the playoffs and then fire him and bring Flip back for the regular season.

As a former PG, like LB I'm extremely hard on them. As a point, Chauncey has absolutely made a mockery of the position as of late. Don't tell me squat about pts and assists #'s, he constantly keeps making back decisions that has this team playing poorly.

One play that comes to mind was when Sheed was guarded by Shaq as the result of a switch, Sheed runs to the top to run a P&R (with slow Shaq chasing) instead of bringing Shaq out to try and defend Sheed on the perimeter, CB dribbles away from the pick and tries a trey with a hand in his face. Dudes court recognition is atrocious right now, Hubie called it out a few times last game, "C'mon now, that's enough of the one on one stuff" He has got to get this team into their sets earlier in the clock and get the GODDAMNED BALL OUT OF HIS HANDS BEFORE THE CLOCK GETS DOWN TO 8secs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: This team thrives on ball reversal and as a PG you have to recognize that and get the ball moving. I keep telling y'all this feed the hot hand BS, turns this team into something awful.
  16. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

As Kgreg suggest the decision making is at a season low lately... what happened to that 4th and 5th pass that separated us from the selfish teams... we're not that individually talented to get away with all of the iso stuff.

Lately I've been more at peace with the situation... I've come to the conclusion that the team is lacking in talent.... what's correctable and what's not?
    Ben's post game & FT shooting...not correctable anytime soon
    Sheed going inside more... correctable
    Chauncey's defensive footspeed... not correctable
    Looking for the Extra pass...correctable
    Slowing down Shaq inside... correctable only if you give up more to others.
    Our poor perimeter shooting...correctable
    Coaching adjustments...correctable

Nobody wants to hear this...but it could be that the Heat actually have more individual physical talent than the Pistons... to offset this will require more use of our intellectual talent advantage.
  17. roscoe36

GREAT STUFF!

At some point, you can amass enough talent (unlike the Knicks, not all concentrated at the guard position) that the team becomes difficult to overcome. It was in my scouting report that folks picked apart with Walker is overrated, and GP is washed up etc.

The P's have to find that "intellectual" approach to put Zo, GP, Haslem and Posey on the hot seat to win the game.
  18. max

max All-Star

Also their off-season moves were targetted to beat the Pistons more than anything else. Walker can draw defenders out, Williams can penetrate and help breakdown the defense, Payton/Posey are more seasoned defenders.
  19. Pistonchickforever

Pistonchickforever First Round Draft Pick

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm giving up on this team already with the Heat ahead 27-19:frusty: .

Come on...the Pistons are shooting below 30% and the Heat are shooting over 60%. It looks pretty hopeless to me! :doh:
  20. Pistons_1337

Pistons_1337 Second Round Draft Pick

that will change we getting good looks dow