I've had enough!

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Darth Tater, May 25, 2006.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

This team is a disgrace to the city of Detroit, (okay Auburn Hills), the State of Michigan, the NBA and basketball in general.

2. SKluck

SKluck First Round Draft Pick

CLE Game 4 "As bad as we played, we only lost by 2, it won't happen again"
    CLE Game 5 "As bad as we played, we only lost by 2, it won't happen again"
    CLE Game 6 "As bad as we played, we still won"
    CLE Game 7 "As bad as we played on offense, we still won"
    MIA Game 1 "As bad as we played, we only lost by 5, it won't happen again"
    MIA Game 2 "As bad as we played, we still won"
    MIA Game 3 "We played so bad, it won't happen again"

At this point, shouldn't we expect at least 2 guys to not show up to each game? Tay and Rip are consistent, oddly enough also the youngest players. These are the guys we need to rebuild with.

3. pistonsforever

pistonsforever Second Round Draft Pick

this is my first post here so i am going to make it simple, pistons need to adjust in the second half to have a chance. Sheed has to come back to life and ben guarding shaq one on one does not work like before. Flip has to grow some balls and if a starter doesnt listen to him? sub their ass off and put someone that will contribute. we have tons of bigmen on the floor that will do a better job and try harder than these guys if they dont want to show respect to the game and their coach.

4. Pistons_1337

Pistons_1337 Second Round Draft Pick

WEEEEE BACK LETS GO GET HYPE PEOPLE HAVE NO FEAR WE LOVE GAMES LIKE THIS DONT GIVE UP MIAMI MESS UP BY NOT BLOWING US OUT IN THE FIRST HALF LET GO PISTONS !!!!!:fingerscr

5. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Bye Bye Pistons.

:wave:

The season was kind of like a great movie with a really stupid ending.

:rip:

6. Pistons_1337

Pistons_1337 Second Round Draft Pick

lets go Miami lets all be Miami fans maby they still start to lose if we be Miami fans for 3 gamess lol

7. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well, I used to, when we actually won them. When our team actually competed in crunch time rather than folding like a bunch of untested rookies.

8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I hate these games. I have not had any fun this playoffs. It's been hand wringing and nail biting.

9. jammertime

I used to get a great sense of pride when we'd close out close games with the W. My wife would always ask "Did they win?" and I rarely had to answer "No".

I wouldn't say I enjoy close games. I'd much rather see us win comfortably. Its easier on the starters, and my nerves. But it was the results in those games that I enjoyed.

The feeling I'd get knowing that even though we were down in the game and on the road, that somehow we'd find a way to pull it out. It was even more fun, because on any given night, I wouldn't know who the hero would be. Would it be a Ben or Tay block? A Billups or Sheed 3? A Rip curl for a buzzer beater? A key Dice board? The outcome was rarely in question, only who would be that night's Sportscentre poster boy.

It was the way that even the opponents local announcers would be in awe of our team's composure and ability in crunch time. It was the way the other team's fans almost knew what was going to happen. It was the way they let out a collective groan when one of our boys made yet another crunch time play.

I want those days back....

10. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Foul trouble. :mad:. I lost so much confidence when Chauncey got that BS foul called on him at the nd of the 3rd. Ben was in foul trouble, Sheed was, and Dice was. If Chauncey didn't get that call on him maybe Rip, tay, and CB could carry us to a win. Too bad because Rip, and Tay can't carry us alone against 2 of the top 5 players in the league on the road.

11. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

difference between past seasons comebacks in series and this season? we were playing well and competing. this season, it just doesn't look likely. theres a reason we have lost 3 games already. we're not playing well, and i don't see any reason why we should come back.

i don't think much has to change player-wise. can you honestly say miami has better players than us? think not.

scapegoat or not. flip has to go.

12. booggerg

booggerg First Round Draft Pick

Miami has a better Center...

Whatever defense ben brings to the team it doesn't really seem to matter when the opposing team is consistently shooting the lights out of you and dominating you in the paint. I think it's about time to ship Ben out.

13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Ben has been crap this series, and I am his biggest defender.

He has one block in 4 games. The trademark high rebound snatches are non-existent, not just in this series but for most of the year. He's not running hard or with purpose. Particularly early in games when accumulated fatigue should be less of a factor. If anything, you start with energy and tire by the 3rd or 4th.

To be fair, not too many Pistons are hitting their marks, but Ben has become too inconsistent with his impact. For a guy whose entire game revolves are intangibles, he's lost the role of game changer to Tayshaun who is simply making more plays on both ends.

14. jammertime

There's been a lot of talk lately about shipping Ben out of town. I'm really torn on the issue. I think the biggest problem is that the lack of a consistent true PF only serves to further highlight Ben's offensive (and foul shooting) weaknesses. It would also help if Flip got Ben more involved like LB did.

I think I'd sooner trade Sheed than I would Ben. But as far as a wake up call, I don't think you could get much louder than hearing the sound of the Big Ben gong leaving town.