Iverson To Bobcats

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Krowe, Aug 22, 2009.

1. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:flypig:
  2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

The failure won't be measured in the Win/Loss column, it will be measured in the 3 steps back that Felton and Augustine take trying to play with AI. No way in hell would I risk DJ Augustine's development by signing AI.
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

This totally changes the complexion of the Eastern Conference. We know that LB+AI is good enough to get to the Finals, but can they win it? We will find out soon.
  4. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I'm stoked about this signing!

Everything will be in place for Joe to pull off an early November deal that sends Rip to the Bobcats for Allen Iverson!
  5. illadelph dynamite

illadelph dynamite First Round Draft Pick

Lol. I wonder how that will work out ;)

I think this could work.
  6. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

Wouldn't Felton conceivably have to take steps forward first?
  7. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Never underestimate the LB. He is still a master. Plus he knows what he is getting himself in to.
  8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Last season he finally began to put the pieces together, he really looked solid last year...this upcoming year, he'll suffer the most from the presence of AI.
  9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Are you talking 'bout games or are you talkin' 'bout practice?
  10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:pound: I only like that deal if LB comes with AI and Kuetser goes with Rip.
  11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'll take Kuester over LB any day.
  12. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Prediction 1:

I think you are going to have to look as far back as Chuck Daly to find a coach who sticks around here as long as Kuester will.

Prediction 2:

The Pistons are sold within the next 2 years.

:granade: <---------:darthvader: ???
  13. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

I find Joe's choice of head coach completely uninspiring, but on the other hand those of us who actually watch every single game tend to try, hard as it is, to reserve judgment until the season at least gets oh say fifteen games in before we freak out, throw our hands up in despair and or glee and pronounce the Pistons either dead or headed for the 'ship.

It's not easy when there isn't much to talk about in the offseason, but how anyone can actually assess what this team is going to look like on the floor right now...why they must be like a monster of basketball mind in which case they should be a pro instead of posting here in their spare time. So many changes, most of them unknowns with the chemistry factor, half of our roster has turned over, we've still got two starters at SG, to me it looks well...disorganized and like another major crapshoot.

That said, I reserve judgment until I've actually watched tipoff to final buzzer the first 30 or so games. Certainly I can tell before then whether we are going to win a championship. But I might not be able to tell whether we are going to make the playoffs, if we are going to gel or not, when we are going to gel. All of this stuff is what makes watching the Pistons and the NBA in general worthwhile. It's all about watching the story unfold for better or worse. I'm in it for the "action", like the compulsive gamblers. With the Pistons, sometimes lately it's like not being able to look away from a train wreck but I'll show up at gametime and chat fired up and ready to go, even if after the first half of the first quarter I am wilting. LOL.

Anyway, I don't know who this Kuester guy is and I don't care. I would have preferred Avery, but you know what can I say I like a little drama with my basketball. Avery would have been much more "fun to watch".

P.S. Iverson to Bobcats is awwriiiight by me. I just want my #1 player suited up by someone by the beginning of the season. And I never ever ever ever ever want him to be a Piston again as long as they both shall live. The Iverson Experiment is Officially Over. Amen to that Brothas and Sistas.
  14. Darth Tater

OK, Aurora.

But there is a difference between fun speculation based on limited facts and making an assessment of the team after almost half the season is over where you have much more to go on.

I don't think anything I threw out there was outrageous or unfair by any means, so I think it's ok to speculate. Unlike others, I am not claiming that what I am presenting is the gospel truth or based on anything other than my own feelings.

True. We can sit here and say nothing until the season begins, but that wouldn't be much fun, now, would it?
  15. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Oh no you are right for sure Darth. What would be the point of having a Pistonsforum if we couldn't talk about the Pistons as much as we wanted all the time, right? I just don't see how you can predict that this new coach is going to be here longer than Flip? And I think you should back that up with something. But of course you don't have to! Because that is the thing that is great about the forum is that we get to say what we want and we don't have to meet any particular standards of anyone elses it's just that sometimes I personally like to see people try to rise to the level of some critical thinking.Which I know you know all about.

Why do you think Coach Kuester will enjoy more longevity than recent Pistons coaches? Because I do think that the forum does invite conversation between us in a public format and it's not just throwing spaghetti against a wall (although that is alot of fun and quite entertaining for the forum audience). I think it's a bold statement to say he will be here as long as Chuck Daly. Especially given what looks to be a possible messy/chaotic rebuild that almost always takes the coaches out first before the key players.

Anyway, I'm not saying people have to have media research packets and analyze every game before they post and have a degree in sports psychology but there is something to be said (and this is not directed to any one specifically but as a general academic concept) about knowing your subject matter yourself rather than from second,third, fourth and fifth hand sources.

My guess would be there are some people on this forum that their only news source about the Pistons is from other posters who are speculating based on what they have read from other posters who are speculating on what they have read from other posters. This can easily degenerate into a Chinese telephone type of viral Pistons fake jouralism. They warned us against that in journalism school.

Reading multiple sources, like making sure you read the Pistons article section (and not just the Detroit media,which is in its own little bubble of dysfunction) is helpful. The cream of the crop of posters on this forum stay well informed outside this forum.

Now all this is my opinion only. I just think that when you make a statement like you did about Coach Kuester, you probably ought to back it up with your reasons for your statement. That's all. Even if I don't agree with your reasons, I can see where you are coming from then. Many smiles, Darth. Always.
  16. Darth Tater

@ Aurora...

No, I never said he would be here as long as Daly. I meant you will need to look as far back as Chuck to find someone with that kind of longevity. So, I think he will outlast Cola, Brown, Flip, and Table Cloth. Sorry if I wasn't clear. It's not like those guys lasted ten years, so what is the big deal?

Also, I didn't hear anything from Mrs. Davidson that she plans to sell the team. But I am guessing she will. You want reasons? I think in this economy the NBA is headed for rough times. The team grew up under Mr. Davidson. I think he really cared about it and had a connection and history with them. Karen Davidson...I doubt it. You want a copy of a signed affidavit from her that she has thoughts of punting...I don't have one.

I don't watch the games but I do look at statistics and history. Yes, I also listen to what some others have to say if they present it in a logical manner. Kuester learned from Brown...like him or not, Brown was arguably one of the best and Kuester has an impressive history, IN MY MOST HUMBLE OPINION. In the same sense, I don't allow a player's legs or "hotness" to influence my judgment on whether he is a good teammate and blameless in last years embarrassment (not pointing out anyone in particular, of course).

I think if I am presenting something as if it were a fact I need to back it up with facts. I think if I am just making an outright prediction for fun and conversation with nothing other than speculation and not arguing someone else's point of view, that's OK too. It's not like I am predicting that Darko will be the greatest Center since Kareem.
  17. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

This is a cheap shot. You know how I love A.I. I never said he wasn't a factor in the team's demise. I said I still love him even if he was. Case closed.

But you are soooo wrong. Darko WILL be the greatest Center of all since Kareem. Why? Because he's HOT!:pound:
  18. linwood

linwood All-Star

:darkoalert:
  19. Darth Tater

Well, any further discussion on this will come to absolutely no good. I stand by my predictions. Time will tell.
  20. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:bolt: