Iverson will do 'whatever it takes'

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by markie8002000, Mar 5, 2009.

1. max

max All-Star

I think they as in management treated him well but for some reason it appears that some of the surviving core players never warmed up to him. These things happen when you do it piecemeal.

Thing is. We need AI to not get bounced in the 1st or 2nd round. He is our secret weapon. It can happen but its getting farther and farther away from happening. I just don't see it at this point but you never know.
  2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

That's a start, then all they needed to do was cover his man for him, stand there while he dribbled around and decided if he was going to shoot and scrape his passes off of their feet.
  3. Jewelz0376

Jewelz0376 First Round Draft Pick

My fault I read my post again and I worded it wrong...I meant they didn't USE him right from the very beginning..the way I worded it, it sounded like I was saying the Pistons organization treated him unfairly which wasn't what i meant...

Although I don't think some of players acted the right way after they traded, it was obvious they were pouting and if we noticed I'm sure AI could see it too and I don't think it was a personal resentment towards AI personally. I think it was just because Billups was traded away to get him. If AI has been picked up from waivers or a free agent pickup it wouldn't have happened. Especially considering they struggled when they got him, that just made it worse.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Back me up on the banana conspiracy theory tho.

Don't leave your brother hangin'...
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He's pouting because they were pouting and didn't want to share their ball with him? Sounds serious.
  6. max

max All-Star

Yes, I think if they would have stuck it out with him at the point things would be a lot better now. Then again - maybe the injury is real. One of those rare walking back injuries or whatever it is.
  7. Ernie the Slow Adult

I think it was BillLaimbeer who linked to an article written by Bob Ryan at the time of the trade that asked how Iverson would deal with being traded for cap space as opposed to his game.

Is it possible that this is the realization that AI has come to somewhere along the way?
  8. monrams99

monrams99 First Round Draft Pick

Well tell me if AI isnt a ball hogging dude? Can he make hes teamates better the freakin answere is no. So If I was on JOe D's shoes I would admit that having AI will not save me but instead gave me embarrasment...
  9. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Quite unnecessary. It is laughable that people who do not know what a gangster is call people gangster. What is a gangster?
  10. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

A gangster is a guy who doesn't pass the ball that much.
  11. Ernie the Slow Adult

No one liked to play with John Gotti at the Y.
  12. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

That still has nothing to do with:

A) All this "punk gangstah" talk is BS. There is nothing about AI that has anything to do with gangstas. Either you listen to too much American sports talk radio or you have other issues with Iverson that are of a personal nature and have nothing to do with basketball.

B) Nothing with regards to basketball has any relation to "growing up" and/or still doing things he did in his 20's. They are totally unrelated and have nothing to do with him being a memeber of the Pistons.

C) If you wanna talk about his play while on the Pistons that's fine, everyone here does it. But, if you wanna make assertions about his personal character, they should be 1) true, and 2) somehow specific about his play while a member of this team.

I'm not trying to lecture anyone on how to be a fan, hell, I spend plenty of time on the podcast roasting guys myself. However, A) that's typically in jest and B) it generally has to do with their job performance not their personal character. I do think it's a little ridiculous to try to determine that as a fan anyone has insight enough to make character judgements and for me this kind of rhetoric has gotten very old over the past decade. I'm really tired of the "thugs" and "punks" speak that gets applied to guys because they aren't who most would peg to appear on Leave It To Beaver.
  13. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

[​IMG] This guy was a punk. Played his character very well.

[​IMG]

Here, they just look old...
  14. max

max All-Star

Thats a good one.

But there was always a lesson to be learned in the end and it always turned out well. So whats our lesson?

If this was a 1950's sitcom AI would come back and we would win every game and defeat the Lakers for the championship.
  15. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Good response. Okay......there are many gangsters in the NBA. lol
  16. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Oh, I am starting to get it:

Sheed: Hey, AI...I'm out here (with Sheed 2 ft. outside the 3pt. line).

Dyess: Now AI, you promised me that I would have my 15 ft,.
    face up, complete with a comfortable time limit and no dribbles please.

Tay: What? My rear-end is willing and with a fresh 20 seconds on the clock I can move hoolie-hoop style toward my left hook until a good 5 seconds left. Besides, I have a deal with the film crew that is going frame everything coming out of me at 12 fps for my new demo Olympic reel. That little suitcase of mine and the resulting comments are sick thoughts. Remember, one thing: I came in light, and left with a heavy load of gold.

Rip: Damn! This is really tiring. I have to run around my set historic patterns and then have to create the possibility of a pass...just not fair! Besides, I have a groin pull and a sore throat which means I need some rest so I can have some of AI's anticipation crowd on my side. And wow! look at poor Sheed, he now has that itch...I mean, the injury bug. And now Tay too! Wow! Those mental soreness injuries are tough! I still have mine since CB left. I am feeling unappreciated and how do you explain all those commercials?

Stuckey: I just don't know man. I am the future on this club and I keep thinking my strength is to be the anointed bull-dog. Getting that head-of-steam up and having the ball attached, like an ingrown wart to my hip, as I fly-by and up into the hoop...Wade style. At one time, I talked about those different moves AI uses, but was hit in the chest and it brought me right out of it. I just don't know man.

Curry: Who's it going to be this week? No, no, no...I mean, what is it going to be this week? These people are all objects. We need arraignments on how to get value from the proper placements. Chaos theory reminds us that these things are always in a state of complexity. I agree with this. In a sense, I like to look at my role as a sort of flux...like a mixture of copper, solder, and heat. My role is too make things flow and solidify into a harden joint, impervious to outside/inside elements. That's my role! Ok,OK, Ok...some question have been raised on our problem areas and the wins have not be smooth. This is a fair concern. I have two approaches to this dilemma: one, is dealing with internal conflicts and the other dealing with the other side of hostility. It's all in the mixture of complexity and those objects. Simply stated: Feelings of hostility arise in the interplay between an impulse of hostility and the opposing object. On top of all this, remember, I still have the role of flux. It's not easy, especially since I come off like a mentally challenged talking-head on interviews. I am much more than that. I want to thank pass99 in affording me the opportunity to express myself in a different style. Thank-you.
  17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

That was great pass. I love how you fit chaos theory in there. I think Curry's lineup changes are his commitment to the evolutionary concept of "creative destruction".
  18. monrams99

monrams99 First Round Draft Pick

Thanks for the lecture low.. Okay lets forget about he's persona but duh hes still a punk for me. Hahaha If he still plays for the pistons may he guranntee us a spot or at least be a force to be recon with.. Whats the answere? I guess that A BS NO!!

A; How can you say that being at your youth has nothing to do with your style of play? So Mr. LOw you might be that low to decipher things.. Remember as an basketball p[layer there are things that you may no longer do while your at your 20's.. if you dont agree then where the hell are you from. sorry mate.

B: How may you say that personal character has nothing to do, come on man but I do believe that before deciding on a certain player that may help a club we also have to check if the person has attitude problems. So for me I may say before signing anyone we also have to make sure that hes attitude may help the rest of the players. Whatever AI is still a punk and he can never help that pistons win any championship
  19. Jewelz0376

Jewelz0376 First Round Draft Pick

1) Nothing that AI has done in his 20's has anything to do with him on the Pistons now...AI is 33 now his 20's are long gone...

2) What has he done since he left Philly that showed he had bad character?? George Karl said that he never had any kind of problems with AI...say what you what about him on the court thats your opinon, but there hasnt been any problems with AI off the court...

When people call AI a ganster or whatever u called him to me it sounds like your just making racist stereotypes, because like Low said nothing about AI says he's a ganster..He's nothing throwing up gang signs or anything like that like some players do (captain jack, pierce, etc.)
  20. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Interesting that the guy making the gangster comments is from the Phillipines.