Iverson will do 'whatever it takes'

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by markie8002000, Mar 5, 2009.

1. monrams99

monrams99 First Round Draft Pick

well I am just based here but I know something about a player that can make hes teammates better than a ball hogging dude and that guy is AI. Whatever it may sound racist as per what some may say. ITs not being racist and hope you guys wont make it as an excuse the bottomline is AI cant make hes teamates better and whatever hes old, hes a punk and last but no the least he's an egomaniac.. Whatever after these season goodbye AI.. We dont need you just join the bandwagon so it may increase youe chances of winning..hahahahahaha

2. Jewelz0376

Jewelz0376 First Round Draft Pick

Yet he's going to be a 1st ballot hall of famer...

3. monrams99

monrams99 First Round Draft Pick

Well As per what some peeps have been telling me that AI's persona has nothing to do with his game.. And some does not accept the fact the he is a gangster punk wannabee CHECK THESE OUT Appeals court upholds verdict against Iverson - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

So for AI we dont need you next season join the bandwagon poor you with your bling-bling

4. Jewelz0376

So because his bodyguard beat somebody up that means he's a ganster???...lol riiiiiiiiight

5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

McClonsky lays out the recent AI saga.

Pistons' Iverson painfully states his case | detnews.com | The Detroit News

6. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

if it was a writer i could respect at all, or even believe i might buy it.... i'm more likely to support AI after reading this idiot try to trash him... after he comes back? stupid timing.... if you want to do the smear campaign do it after the last tick of the clock for the year....

I soooo wish the pistons could have a beat writer we could be proud of.

7. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Maybe Curry is taking a cue from the last Pistons coach to win a championship, Larry Brown. Remember when Brown tried like 70 different starting lineups with the Knicks in 2006? :pound:

8. Jewelz0376

Lol wow its funny to me sometimes how far reporters reach to try and bash a player..

9. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Yeah that was a pretty PAINFUL article to read. Almost like McCloskey thought Allen was done for the season and realized he hadn't written a negative speculation article about his injury yet. Hurry, hurry. Don't want to miss an opportunity for a slam dunk over the guy.

Well, what can you do? This guy hasn't been credible as a journalist for as long as I've been reading this forum. Talk about kicking a man when he just got back up! Really all AI can do with this situation is play, and hopefully well. Helping the team to win always heals this kind of speculation and who knows the whole story? Certainly, not McCloskey.

10. detteam

detteam All-Star

McCosky has little to risk attacking AI just so he can write a story to meet his quota...cuz AI won't be here next season.

11. round

can we start a fund raising campaign to send him with AI?

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I actually just read the article... and I felt like I wrote it.

He explains pretty well that the problem was not the injury, it was the weirdness associated with it. AI gets tests, doesn't like them, leaves, doesn't hang around the team at all, doesn't talk about it, etc.

I'm surprised that McCoskey had the cajones to write that during the season.

He's not trashing AI. He's just showing that it was strange.

13. round

the timing of it? 2 weeks ago.... 1 week ago.... when the team was sending mixed signals as to whether they expected him to play or not again this year....

but the day after he plays and after the pistons win back to back games, its almost like he's trying to ruin what little chances this season has left.

14. Ernie the Slow Adult

He wrote the article in response to Iverson speaking at the post game press conference. How could he write it the when Iverson didn't want to be a distraction and wasn't speaking to anyone?

15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I wonder if McCosky ever tried to contact AI directly?

I'm curious to know why he free passes the Pistons for keeping their mouths shut, with some speculation on what that means with regards to the AI/Pistons (org, management, players, coaches etc) relationship.

Really, I don't care anymore. This could be another Dantley not reporting to Dallas, or Rodman with a shotgun in the pickup truck.

Let's just play and hopefully win some damn games.

16. Ernie the Slow Adult

He said the Pistons went along with his reports of pain despite the test results. Isn't that supporting their player? What are they going to do if he doesn't or didn't want to play? I don't see how the Pistons look bad in this.

17. max

max All-Star

Its does not look good for Curry. I mean its definetly not a plus for him that he could not manage all this better.

Its going to be in the best interest of all parties concerned if they can still salavage something with the 10 remaining games.

18. Ernie the Slow Adult

Curry, what could he do?

19. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Backrubs?

20. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Yes, like we fans need McCloskey to let us know that it was strange. He's just restating the obvious so he can get credit for it...after the fact. Where was this article when it was all transpiring? Timing is bad and shows he is a self-centered shill and I still think his primary function is to be a mouthpiece for all the things the organization can't and didn't say, right and/or wrong.

I'm sure AI has some kind of fault in this, but hey no one wanted him to play anyway. No harm. Everyone got what they wanted -- an AI less Pistons. And I can't wait to hear within a week (you heard it hear first) how much better it was when he was out with an injury.

Am I bitter? You bet. But it doesn't matter what I feel. I'm just a fan. If AI can dance in the pregame circle and look like he's having fun being a Piston I'll take that. What I want is for him to help us win a few games, and secure a decent playoff spot. That's what I'm looking for. I'm more than willing to overlook the rest. I'm always overlooking what I consider to be substandard effort by the Pistons. Why should I judge AI any more harshly than the rest of the "old Pistons"?

We need wins. I don't want to be the 8th seed, or the 7th. I want us to get to the second round because I want to see Pistons playing hard in the postseason.
    Healthy, motivated Pistons and I want AI to do well so he gets picked up by a decent team. That's my wish list. A nice postseason showing by our guys and a good landing spot for my favorite player.