Iverson will do 'whatever it takes'

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by markie8002000, Mar 5, 2009.

1. illadelph dynamite

illadelph dynamite First Round Draft Pick

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I think deep down, we all knew why AI was missing so many games with a mystery back ailment, out of town, while DJing on the road without appearing at games.

If he wants out, I hope Joe buys him out, saves some money, and just moves on. Keeping AI on the roster if he is pissed or has no intention of playing is just a distraction. It doesn't help him, and it doesn't help us.

3. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

I keep seeing articles saying that he has "sacrificed in every facet of his game". Does the fact that he hasn't played 48 minutes a game mean that he is "sacrificing"? Seems like just the fact that he isn't playing as many minutes would bring all his stats down but I am not sure that if you projected them out to his normal minutes that "sacrificing" would be the right word.

4. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Just how reliable is this source?

If Lou Williams is such a "great buddy" of Allen Iverson, why is he spraying about his "buddy's" professional situation on some radio show. To me, this sounds like some bench scrub blowing something out of proportion to get some run in the press.

I'm gonna hold up on judging Chuck until I here his agent or he, himself give us the word that he wants to be bought out.

5. BallDon'tLie

IMO, BOTH sides (the team & Chuck) have some additional sacrificing to do.
    Mike Curry needs to torch Flip's playbook and create some sets that highlight AI's unique abilities.
    AI needs to throttle back on his tendency to dribble all over the freaking court trying to get a shot off and trust his teammates enough to let the offense flow through him.

This AI experiment coulda worked/can work if he and the team can meet somewhere in the middle.

6. illadelph dynamite

I'm not really taking it serious, it seems like he was just expressing an opinion BUT there would be no reason for AI to ask for a buyout or even agree to one since it doesn't benefit him in any way

7. BallDon'tLie

If Joe agrees to buy him out, AI instantly becomes a free agent and can sign wherever the heck that he wants (ie. Steph Marberry).

8. illadelph dynamite

Wasn't 1 March the deadline for the playoffs though?

9. max

max All-Star

It would really put a cherry on the cake if they bought him out and he went on to win a championship with the Celts, Clev or LA.

They have to find a way to make this work with the little time left. We look bush league for blaming AI and AI looks like a guy who is not a very good teammate. It benefits all parties to try and make this work.

10. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

It's an odd thing to say by someone who's supposedly a "close friend". The only way it makes sense is if AI wanted this to leak.

Whatever. I'm a little disappointed if it's true b/c i didn't believe he would "fake" an injury (and he still doesn't have to be faking, just prolonging), and i wanted to see how he and AA meshed; there is a need for more scoring off the bench, but i can't say i'm surprised.

He's really going to have to re-evaluate his expectations going forward. Does he want to go to a lottery team that will allow him to "be AI" or does he want a ring b/c right now it's looking like the first one.

If Curry keeps the rotation as is, i'm going to start a petition for PT for AA. I'm not sure how to go about doing that successfully; maybe a blog to get the word out LOL semi j/k.
    I agree with the second part of this statement, but i don't think it affects the Pistons much. IF this is true, the only person who looks like a "cancer" here is AI. The Pistons whether by choice or stupidity waited as long as humanly possible to "bench AI". I'm not of the well LBJ is going to look at the Pistons and be like "will they bench me?". I think that's ridiculous.

11. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

yep, he could play out the regular season with anybody but couldn't be on a playoff roster.

12. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, but he can't play in the playoffs. Marbury can because he was waived before the deadline.

The article built around LW's quotes was kind of all over the place. I think the team has treated him well with the back injury story if what really happened is that he did not want to play anymore if he couldn't start.

Curry has already said that he is going to have to practice after the 2 week time table was completed before he could come back. I'm surprised that this and Special K's quote from the other day didn't get more play.

It is AI's choice in the end, but it would seem to limit the teams he can sign with next year if starting and "AI being AI" is the determining factor.

Has there been one quote directly from AI or footage of AI receiving treatment from any of the local outlets?

13. max

max All-Star

- I thought that was you?

14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Ok that flew over my head. I'm on about 3 hours of sleep so that could be why, but i think it was supposed to be insulting.

15. max

max All-Star

No not intended - sorry.

16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

It's Ok. I'm still lost anyway.''

edited to add;

the exact interview from DBB; sounds like absolutely nothing

Detroit Bad Boys

17. Jewelz0376

Jewelz0376 First Round Draft Pick

I'm sure Louis and AI still talk, because AI probably helped him with his game while he was there...It's probably a thing were AI told him he's not happy about going to the bench and he's tired of hearing the talk about him destroying the pistons, & them being better off without him, etc....So at the moment I'm sure AI probably isn't happy in Det...BUT when he comes back if he plays well for them off the bench and the Pistons starting playing well that willl all go away, because in the end AI wants to win....

18. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

This is an astounding statement to make: can you get me a quote?

19. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Yup.

Iverson out, 'Sheed questionable vs. Knicks | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press

20. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Dyess mentioned how the scoring load right now is squarely on him and Rip (don't know what happened to Stuck and Tay); and how things will get better once Sheed and AI get back.