Iverson will do 'whatever it takes'

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by markie8002000, Mar 5, 2009.

1. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah...you know what it's like to go through a back injury too. You just don't want to rush back....and tests often don't tell you a lot about it. Rest is what works usually.
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The man was hosting a club party the game after his injury, when it was at it's worst.

Make an appearance or two at some home games to support your team. If it hurts to sit there, then lie on the floor or stand up every once in a while. If it really hurts, then go to the locker room for a massage. Come out to the bench every once in a while, give some high fives and cheer your teammates on a bit. Let them know that you are still part of the team and that you can't wait to get back.

WWJDD.
  3. basketbills

TaShawn...are you serious? He should go lie on the floor and give out high fives?

Hosting a party isn't going to put any strain on his back.

I'm just drawing from my personal experience with back misery and trying to pursue my athletic endeavors.

We may have to agree to disagree on this one.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Are you serious? Hosting a club party puts zero strain on his back but making an appearance to support his teammates could prove devastating?

Then you have this junk floating out there:
    Lou Williams: AI Wants Out of Detroit | Dime Magazine (www.dimemag.com) : Daily NBA News, NBA Trades, NBA Rumors, Basketball Videos, Sneakers

This is a friend of his who has had conversations with him leaking to the media that AI is unhappy and doesn't want to be in Detroit any longer. Did this guy completely make this up? Why would he do that?
  5. basketbills

It's easy to pass judgement on whether someone is injured...I saw AI go down and immediately clutch his back..then Arnie made him tuck his elbows in and gave him a hug from behind to try to get things back in place...therefore I conclude 2 things:

1) AI has an injured back.

2) That thing Arnie did doesn't work.
  6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I'm having a lot of problems focusing today. I find myself distracted today for some unknown reason.

How distracting would it really be to say, 'I'm feeling a little better, looks like it will be a week or so, glad the team is playing well and we look forward to blah, blah.'?

Instead we get the sweater on the back of the chair gig from "Thoughtful" Al.
  7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Couldn't this be similar to CB's "injury" that kept him off the national team? He was hurt at some point, but it gave him the out of not making the team.
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

:D On that, I can agree with you.

Maybe it caused permanent damage and AI is prepping his lawsuit? Hence the silence from the organization?

Now we're getting some real speculation going.
  9. basketbills

It can't be that easy with AI, Ernie...remember when LB was coaching him Larry had to take a leave of absence because of mental exhaustion.
  10. basketbills

Could be...but I give him the benefit of a doubt because he was clearly injured on that play...and then Arnie probably messed it even more when he yanked on it.
  11. Ernie the Slow Adult

Could be, but how many stories have there been about Sheed since he's been out compared to AI? It is a little suspicious especially when you consider that he's going to fly to have his back examined.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Do they have seats on those things?
  13. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

TaShawn you surprise me. You keep bringing up the Atlanta club thing AI hosted. (Did we ever get confirmation on this?) Personally, I feel that the people who are preoccupied with this horrendous "hosting party at out-of-town hip hop club" story, are the people who uphold the moral fabric of our society. AI should not go listen to the music he likes, conduct his life as he sees fit while he is unable to play basketball. He should be laying on a massage table 24/7 rehabbing. I mean, what will the children think?

The only thing obviously that AI can do to not "be the story" is to be silent and not around. I recently saw a fascinating interview about the media on tv about politics and the media luminary interviewee said that there is not a left bias nor a right bias in the political media, there is a decidedly bias toward "conflict". The sports media is the same: AI is a lightening rod for the media and always has been.

Wouldn't it make sense that the only way that he can choose a low profile is to be practically invisible? He certainly can't give a press conference and if he sits at games we'll get the endless commentating of :

"AI is on the bench, a place he would prefer not to be, but it's good that he's there to support his teammmates."

"AI shouldn't be on the bench. He's just a distraction to him teammates who were doing pretty well without him, Hal."

"Well, obviously Hal he'd prefer not to be here, but the Detroit brass probably twisted his arm."

"Yeah, well I don't think we'll see him at the next game, Dave, there's rumours out of Philly that he doesn't want to play for the Pistons anymore."

"Well, that doesn't surprise me Hal, he had a nice year with Denver last year and the trade hasn't worked out here in Detroit and he's a free agent."

"Well, Dave I guess that means he might be on the market again soon. Where do you think he'll go?"

Etc. Etc. Ad Infinitum. Hence, AI becomes "the story."

P.S. I'm being optimistic. THe comments from PTI, Around the Horn, ESPN and the national sports media would be more "conflict"FUll and harsher. How can he win?

Sometimes the best thing to do is to do nothing. For the team and himself.

P.S. TaS, I really resent your signature. Drew Sharp or not it suggests that you agree with it.
  14. Ernie the Slow Adult

Were we simultaneously writing could be to one another? Weren't they saying he hurt himself prior to that?
  15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I see AI being away from the team, as likely to be driven by the Pistons, as it is by AI.

Right now, I think Curry is saying all the right things, but if you saw Joe's interview with Eli, he doesn't even touch on AI being with the team the rest of the season. There's more going on here, than any of us know.
  16. Ernie the Slow Adult

The Special K piece pointed to AI being unable to accept it.

A few weeks ago people were asking how is Allen supposed to feel when people bring signs to the games saying CB is the real #1 and Allen is probably hurt because they're blaming everything on him, but now it is bad if people ask him when he's coming back and if he feels better?
  17. roscoe36

I can't comment on that. I never worry about their feelings.
  18. basketbills

Hmmmm...I thought when he went flying across the floor...that was the original injury.
  19. roscoe36

I thought they said he hurt it before and re-aggravated it.
  20. Ernie the Slow Adult

I feel like I'm in an episode of Scooby Doo trying to solve this one.