Iverson will do 'whatever it takes'

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by markie8002000, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Him starting in DET rules him out from signing with a contender to me. I don't really see him fitting with any of them. Is CLE all the sudden going to want to take the ball out of LeBron's hands so AI can dribble all over the place? Utah is going to scrap their motion offense and play Williams off the ball?

I think there is just as good a chance of AI struggling off the bench as there is of him succeeding. Him being a useful bench player would mean playing maybe 25 minutes a night. Will he be happy with that?

I don't think he can play any other way than what he has shown. It might make sense for him to keep the theory of him being a productive bench player pure rather than sully it by playing when he is not sold on it.

2. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Maybe it's beneficial for both sides to fudge the truth a little bit ? I can't really think of why b/c like mentioned he would be hurting himself more than DET. Who knows. I just feel like it's been more than 2 weeks already and i'm curious as to how long this could go w/o anyone saying anything substantial about the situation.

3. Jewelz0376

Jewelz0376 First Round Draft Pick

He proved in Den that he can play with another superstar that dominates the ball..As far as AI as a starter I think Orl, Atl (if bibby doesnt resign), Hou, Portland would have some interest in AI if they don't perform in the playoffs. I think the key is having an experienced coach that understands how to utilize AI since he's one of the most unique players in league history being a 6 ft 20+ppg 2 guard.

4. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Around the league, this black eye is hemorrhaging. JD is taking a big hit, and most of the head shaking is at his coaching decision and how authority (plus talent) levels have been abused by this team's cultural dominance.

Didn't need to end this way. I am highly critical of JD's lack of critical insight and his bigger lack of taking charge to straighten this mess out.

Detroit doesn't need this exhibition now.

5. illadelph dynamite

illadelph dynamite First Round Draft Pick

There is supposed to be some news today according to the Free Press Dyess article

6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Hopefully, it's actually new.

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I think he'll be back within 3 games.

8. Ernie the Slow Adult

It seems like this evaluation today should be a bigger deal than it is. It all seems kind of up in the air to me as opposed to AI is meeting with so and so at such and such a time to discuss such and such a thing.

I also don't like Rip hogging the spotlight talking about his injury. I wish he would just go away until he's well enough to play.

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It's like an injury war going on here. Is Kander on vacation or something? How can this be happening on his watch?

He should have noticed that Rip's gait was off and recommended to the coach that it may not be a good idea to have Rip involved in all 100 possessions.

10. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

To me this whole thing would be easier on the fans if one of the sky boxes was converted into a rehab box.

You light it up real well...maybe a spotlight or whatever...and then you have AI laying on a training table getting a massage. Then you have Rip placing the frozen banana peels on his groin...and then during the timeouts you get Eli to interview them on their progress.

Eli: Rip, you've had the frozen banana peels on since the first quarter...what kind of improvement have you had so far?

Rip: Well, like I said, we just have to make sure the peels are frozen and then, like I always say, the peels have to keep working.

11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

What a warrior trying to battle through injury. Has he played his last game with the Pistons? Is his groin completely destroyed beyond repair? Is it worse than AI's partial paralysis? Is this too dramatic?

Injuries bore me.

12. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

:pound:

We have one player who won't shut-up about his "pain", and another who fell off the face of the earth b/c of his "pain". ((And one who's "pain" has prompted him to share his thoughts on the economy and give surprisingly candid interviews because he has no one else to talk to))

AI should come back now, play a few games until Rip is better, then sit again. We can keep alternating so no one has to sit on that obviously uncomfortable and unsturdy bench.

13. Ernie the Slow Adult

They could set it up so the exercise bike provides power to the rest of the suite ala Gilligan's Island.

14. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Good idea. These guys should produce a lot more power than Gilligan. I think this idea has some potential...anyone not physically able to play has to perform in the rehab box.

I would make an exception if someone had the stomach flu, or something like that.

15. Ernie the Slow Adult

You can't pamper these guys or they'll act like babies. That's what they got IV's for. Let them sweat it out and be tough.

16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Looks like the early stage is being set

Allen Iverson remains out with sore back injury - Detroit Pistons Basketball: News, Blogs, Photos, Audio, Schedule & Stats - MLive.com
    edited to add;

Some more with a unsettling quote from Dice;

Pistons still looking for consistent effort as playoffs near - Detroit Pistons Basketball: News, Blogs, Photos, Audio, Schedule & Stats - MLive.com

17. illadelph dynamite

illadelph dynamite First Round Draft Pick

How come they didn't quote Dice saying this? Seems dodgy (like stirring) to me as you'd want to quote that.

18. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That's the kind of writing that drives you nuts.

As much as McDyess believes Iverson can help Detroit be a better team, he is not sure if the feeling is mutual.

Curry said Iverson would be coming off the bench when he returns to the lineup, something Iverson has he does not want to do. It became clear earlier this season that he or Hamilton would need to sit out while the other started.

Unless you're Karnak, if you're going to write that first sentence you need to back it up with some quotes. If the reporter wants to write what he or she thinks, a feature story isn't the place to do it.

19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I think it is obvious what is going on here...

Hemmroids.

Think about it. It all makes sense.

At least they didn't write that!

20. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Certainly would make hanging out in those hard folding chairs pretty tough.