1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Jason Kidd files for divorce

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dumars4Ever, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

His wife is all kinds of hot, but apparently also a bit...um...crazy:

Yikes! Though he's not exactly an angel himself; he pleaded guilty to spousal abuse a few years back, as the article mentions. Sounds like that was a rough household to live in. :starwars:

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

3. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I do remember this comment from the articles at the time he ended up pleading guilty to hitting her:

Seems like they've both got...issues. Although that's the last I remember hearing about anything like that coming from him; she appears to be the one who's gone off the deep end at this point.

4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

First the Jordans and now the Kidds....

So she was jealous of his late night hangin out with the fellas huh? She is a beautiful woman and I wouldn't give her up, but if she is sneaking around his back and checking up on him and abusing the kidds, then I guess it is time to let her go. To much drama there.

I know he dated Gabrielle Union in high school and fought with Jim Jackson over Toni Braxton in the 90's but Joumana shouldn't have to worry about them anymore.

I also heard on the radio today that MJ didn't have a prenup and his wife is seeking between $100-200 million >ouch

I know Doug Christie probably needs a divorce, but his wife won't let him...:yellowprison: :)

5. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I remember some article about the Toni Braxton thing where the writer said, "what, she couldn't find enough knuckleheads in the music business?" :laugh:

Whoa, ouch is right. Although there was also the news last year about how Paul McCartney didn't have a prenup with his second wife, when they were about to get divorced. And he's one of the few people in the world who could make MJ look poor!

Well, every thread that mentions any NBA wives eventually has to return to the ball-less one, doesn't it? :pound:

6. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

7. ggazoo69

I hope MJ's wife takes him to the cleaners. He cheated on her.

Not sure why these NBA ballers bother getting married.

8. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Plenty of guys in the league are happily married, though it's gotta be tough on the family for anyone who has to travel as much as they have to. Not that multi-millionaires playing a game for a living deserve much sympathy, but being away from home that much has to be difficult for anyone trying to make things work in a relationship.

Of course, one can also go the Shawn Kemp route when it comes to...er...procreating. :laugh:

9. ggazoo69

Actually, I should have said, "Not sure why they get married so early in their careers." If I could play the field through my 20s, I would. Actually, if I had been better looking and more athletic in my 20s, I could have played the field successfully. But, hey, I had my health.

10. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

You can count on the NY Post to provide some amusing coverage in situations like this. This article about Joumana doesn't exactly mince words:

I remember that SI article, but I'm not sure it put forward that particular...um...perspective on where that huge NBA payday fit into the big picture. :laugh: Of course, having been the #2 pick in the draft, he wasn't exactly scraping by to begin with, in his first couple of years in the league.

This part is pretty funny, with my own emphasis added:

The article also mentions his son from a previous relationship, which I had forgotten about. This other article talks about that, including the fact that this other son is almost never mentioned in all the articles about Kidd. But apparently his mom says that things have worked out OK for them.

11. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I got what they all need...A really good "BOINK!":)

12. roscoe36

13. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I heard that Joumana has threatened to ruin Jason Kidd and the Nets organization. Apparently she has tons of dirt on Jason and is going to do a tell it all exclusive. Apparently Joumana also has dirt on his teammates as well. Rumor has it that she will out a gay Nets player as well as dish other dirt she has on them.

Personally I think Joumana should just take her millions and go away. Why bring the Nets organization and other players into the mix. I hope she wises up and realizes that she is only going to be hurting herself and her kids by stooping to Kidd's level.

14. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

the real question is why do women marry nba players and expect them not to cheat?

15. linwood

linwood All-Star

I heard a rumor that Kidd and Carter are getting divorced because they both fell in love with Darko.

16. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

My question is this: WHO IS JKIDD BLOWIN KISSES TO NOW???:pound:

17. roscoe36

18. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

19. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

It's a casual thing that most people wouldn't notice, which makes it even better. He's not one of my favorite players, but he gets style points for this one.

20. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Yeah, I noticed it the other night when my brother and I saw the Nets game at Golden St. Rough week for the Nets--three straight losses in the final seconds.