1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Jason Maxiel Offer On The Table

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Oct 12, 2008.

1. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

no panick here: I vaguely remember that Langlois (maybe) has mentioned that Max isn't going nowhere, at least so Max told him.

2. MrKent

MrKent First Round Draft Pick

I agree in principle. I think Max is doing what's best for him and that's cool. But I don't think he'll be too difficult to replace. He's a good player in the role he has on the team and he'll be missed, but ...

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Just because the Pistons offered him $X, that doesn't mean that was a fair price. Since there have been no indications that he is unhappy, I will assume that he is doing the standard negotiating.

4. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I agree here.

Just because J-Max didn`t bite on the first thing thrown at him doesn`t mean very much. If I were him I would wait until the year plays out. I doubt if anyone would offer him less than what the Pistons are offering, and who knows, (if the Pistons fall short once again) a real contender might want his services.

5. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

That's us!

We are the best!

.....aren't we?

:suspiciou

what are those crickets doing in here?

6. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Perhaps keeping Maxiel on the bench was part of Dumars' plan to sign JMax. You can't offer $5 million to a starter on a championship-caliber team. That would be an insult.

7. JKP

JKP Second Round Draft Pick

Calm down everyone !!
    Jason isn't going anywhere
    $ 5mil now for 3 yrs or $7mil next yr for 3 years almost works out the same for the team and for Max.
    They will probably agree to $6mil which will work good for each.

8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

It's a pretty fair deal. One could argue that he and Turiaf bring much of the same thing to the table and this is more $$$$ than what GSW gave Rony Turiaf. If I'm not mistaken Paul Milsap's due for a pay raise, may be a situation where one is waiting to see what the other gets because they are very similiar in their roles.

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, that is the other possibility. The offer is generous and JM just hasn't realized it yet.

As long as he doesn't get hurt while he's mulling it over, this waiting game won't hurt him.

10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I bet there's more than few teams that would start Maxi.
    But they can't tamper.

11. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

who was that JMax clone? Brandon Bass right?

12. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Its way early, Max has stated he's going to be here next year. We can match any offer if he wanted to go for the money.

From what i see few members of that class have new deals on the table at this point. Dumars hasn't lost anybody really besides Ben since Houston bolted for NY with noting to show for it (I think Joe had just taken over or was it the next year?)

Joe is class and I really think this is a non issue besides the fact folks are really starved for something to talk about.

13. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I won't be happy until he is officially signed on the dotted line.

"Commitments", "Verbal agreements" and "Handshake deals" don't mean squat these days. Just ask Big Ben, Boozer or Brand.

I wouldn't say that I'm worried at this point, but anything can happen until he's officially signed.

14. MrKent

MrKent First Round Draft Pick

Joe played at least another year or 2 before he retired.

Joe also lost Okur. In a way, he lost Corliss by trading him for a bag of balls to free up cap space to resign Ben (oops). But all of the key players signed new contracts while here.

I liken Max's situation to Mike James. Another team may want to sign him for more cash and give him a starting spot, but I think they would be making a mistake in doing so. I like Max, but ...

15. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I know your new, but his has been debated to death... we could do nothing to keep okur short of not retaining wallace. corliss as nice as he was here.... was traded for something and his production after the first year gone went south and was out of the league shortly after. James was never in the long term plans for detroit, he was throw in, and will say a great throw in....

Joe has signed all of our starters to 2nd contracts for what most would say was under market value...

16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

A lot of us didn't want to admit it but Corliss was done. Besides Maxi plays with even more power than Corliss ever did.

17. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Didn't Corliss own us in a game we played against the Kings? IIRC, it was actually a little embarrassing.

18. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

only thing about him is that he thinks he's better than what he is and he doesn't really have footwork or a jumper like jason.

19. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

you mean jump shoot or vertical leap? 'Cause JMAX doesn't have a solid jump shot either but he's definetely a better shortblocker, but on the other hand, I'd say Brass is just as powerfull and he's better at the boards.

20. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

One could argue DJ White is a JMax Clone but traded for Walter Sharpe and Trent Plaisted.