Jazz/Warriors Series

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dlev59, May 6, 2007.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Who would have thunk it??

This could be called the western conf JV series. Nobody for a minute believes that either of these teams can make it to the Finals. But guess what? One of them will make it to the WCF!

Let`s just say, one of these teams happens to upset either the Suns or Spurs and face, uh the Pistons in the Finals.........

Hmmmm......we all know the success we had against both of these teams during the regular season. That`s right, this is not the regular season.

Anyway, this should be an entertaining series. I have no idea who will win it. The teams split the four games played during the regular season.
  2. linwood

linwood All-Star

Should be a great series. Personally, I think a Pistons vs. Jazz final would be awesome... but so would a Pistons vs. Warriors! How's that for commitment?
  3. Dlev59

I agree.

But ABC, the NBA, David Stern, Nike, (well maybe Nike) would never let it happen!!
  4. majestik

majestik First Round Draft Pick

I hear alot about the nba style of play and results being influenced greatly by stern and others. Im not sure if this is said jokingly or is something that we must all accept. Could someone comment on this please. :cheers:
  5. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

I take back what I said about the pleasure of watching execution. The Jazz play an admirable game and none of their current players are really all that bad, but I can't get past their management, their crowd, the way the referees always seem particularly blind in Salt Lake City, the way they use hacking as a base defense rather than a supplement to one, that moronic dirty %%%% Karl Malone, and the fact that they're from Utah.

It's just an added benefit that I can support the Warriors by hating the Jazz.

If Baron's reasonably healthy, Warriors in 6. If he's not, Jazz in 5. Either will be taken apart rather easily by San Antonio.
  6. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I think we matchup better against the Jazz... I don't want to see Sheed & Cwebb chasing the Warriors up and down the court... and we don't have a PG advantage against them either.
    It might be a different scenario if we were a big post up team (not).
  7. 4cwebb

4cwebb First Round Draft Pick

If Boozer plays as well against GSW as he did against the Rockets, I think the Jazz win this series in 5 games and then rest up for the winner of the Spurs/Suns series.
  8. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

What's their regular season record against each other?
  9. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

both those teams are TOUGH for us. but I will enjoy trying to watch (no TV) them play each other! I am a big Deron fan.
  10. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Even.

I think Al Harrington (along with Biedrins for defensive purposes) will have a much more successful series against Boozer than one might think. And Memo and Fisher are going to have serious problems.
  11. Dlev59

The Jazz have come out running on the Warriors and take a 17-7 lead in the first Q. Williams is running Utah`s offense like a machine, with Boozer bullying inside.
  12. Dlev59

Al Harrington has gone stupid with 3`s and 1`s.................score tied at 24.......................3:45 left in 1st Q.
  13. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

37-35 Jazz after one...whoa! This is nuts. Obviously the Warriors prefer to play at a crazy pace like this, so Utah will have to look to slow it down at least a little bit.
  14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Once again GSW took some ill advised long jumpers in the end instead of going to the paint like the Jazz did at the end.

The Jazz have two of the best players in the post season in Deron Williams and Carlos Boozer. I think I rather take our (Pistons) chances vs the Spurs than the Jazz who have our number.
  15. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Huge Round 2 Game 1 game for Deron Williams. HUGE!! And as an added bonus we got to see rookie Dee Brown play significant minutes due to Deron getting in foul trouble. I love this guy. He did okay too. He has been turnover prone and not so great shooting average in his little rookie minutes this year, but he was very clutch at University of Illinois and did some pretty clutch stuff tonight too. Forced a few turnovers, drew some fouls and a real sweet fast break. Go Deron. Go Dee.
  16. Dlev59

Dre, The Bulls had our number in the regular season too.
    Although, the Jazz are a better team than the Bulls........
  17. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

If we somehow play the Jazz in the finals, I might be able to get tickets to a finals game. But, yeah...a 5 hour trek to see a loss doesn't seem like such a good idea. Then again, the 1990 Pistons had lost in Portland for around 12 years straight and we whooped up on them 3 games straight in the finals. OK, this isn't the 1990 Pistons...but watching them yesterday...Wow.
  18. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That would be sweet, maybe I could score a ticket for that, too. It's only an hour north of here. I know the Jazz have continually beat us in the regular season, but that goes right out the window in the Finals, my friends. The Pistons are not going to lose to the Jazz. Then again, the Spurs are not going to lose to the Jazz, either, so we'll probably not see that matchup anyway. Of course, I'm assuming that the Spurs will drop the Suns.
  19. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

63-58 Jazz at the half, in another crazy fast paced game. The rebounding edge is 30-13 Utah, but they're only up 5!
  20. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Headed to OT! Exciting stuff. The Warriors hit a bunch of 3s to take the lead late, but they couldn't hit enough FTs to clinch it, and Deron scored on a clutch play in the final seconds.