1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Jiri Fischer

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by detteam, Nov 21, 2005.

1. detteam

detteam All-Star

2. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

From what I can see right now, they are saying that he is going to be okay. I haven't seen the game yet, I have it taped.

But from what I can find right now is that he is going to be okay. He has a heart condition, that they didn't think would interfere with his ability to play.

3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Heard the canceled the game... has that ever happened before because of an injury?

4. detteam

detteam All-Star

Jiri was fortunate to have good care so close.

Gives us all pause for thought and give thanks daily.

5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Of course idiots were booing cause the game was cancelled. WoW those Predators must be very intimidating.

6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Wings get healthy on Lanche 7 to 3. Nice.

7. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

Life without Fischer

I don't follow the Wings that closesly but losing him seems to be a big impact on their D. How will losing Fischer impact this team if he can't return? :ohwell:

8. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

Well, Fischer has been slowly developing into a top 4 defenseman. Babcock has been impressed with his offensive game, and started giving him PP time, which, I may be wrong here, but I don't think has happened before. The guy is also huge, for a hockey player, 6'5", and 230 lbs or something like that. A nice big man to have back for some solid checking.

We've got a couple of vets to step in and play, Wooley, Schneider, and Rivers... but honestly I'm not impressed much with "offensive defensemen" with suspect offense.

There a few young guys, rookies, who look alright: Lebda and Quincy... but they are rookies.

Bottom line, Fischer has been one of my favorite players since he came in, and showed a glimpse of his potential. We don't have another guy in the organization who will be able to bring what he brings.

Are we deep at D? Yeah, I guess so. But I hope Fischer is back soon.