JMax, Amir and Sheed

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Mar 4, 2007.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Maybe us Pistonforum.com posters have it all wrong. Maybe Amir is really miles and miles away from being good enough to play in the NBA.

After all JMax, Mr. real inconsistent, gets to start after Sheed goes down and totally wipes out. Talk about inconsistent, yet he continues to get opportunities. One game on and two games off.

How many rebounds has he gotten in his last two games? This guy has to be one of the most frustrating Pistons I can remembers since the Great William Bedford!!!

For those that remember Sir William. Talk about a guy with potential that constantly teased everyone and in the end wound up being a bigger dud than the hand grenade that goes puff.

I can not imagine Amir being more inconsistent than JMax and for my money Amir has got twice the potential.

I guess some things, in addition to women, are never meant to be understood!! LOL

Hurry back Sheed, we need you.

:hoops:

2. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Maxiell is the anti-Bedford (otherwise known as Mr. Charmine)...
    This is a nice opportunity for the Pistons brass to look at Brahma against starters (although he went up against a #55 pick last night)...
    He's not going to be one of our first options with the starters so he'll have to earn his pay getting hustle points and defending.

I'm willing to defer judgment until there's a larger sample.

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I have two concerns.

1. Jmax ends up only being a situational player

2. He doesn't develop his rebounding.

4. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

You just don't know until you get individuals (with consistent time commitments) within patterns that have the opportunity to learn.

This was my whole point of having individuals (off the bench) starting games in some my previous posts. The development of team consistency and role playing is how you get ready for your playoff run. Flip is absolutely on the correct path to make this happen (I would have preferred this happened sooner without the excuse of player injuries).

By making this part of your team development you give balance and Plan B options in case of injury, player development, weakness toward substitution patterns and how you plan for the future.

Any way you slice it, Amire is learning project which will not kick-in (if that) until next year. Unfortunately, a lot more other extraneous team movement will be happening at the same time. Those with a high handle perceptions can strike multiple mother-loads.

5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

JMAX did ok. He did a decent job guarding both Warrick and Gasol at times. Look, we just held Memphis far below what they have been averaging of late since Gasol has returned-and they swithched coaches. JMAX was part of a fine defensive effort.

6. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

If Max doesn't learn how to rebound, he doesn't have much of a future in this league. Career fringe rotation bench player.

7. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

For those that remember Rodman. He is a perfect example of how rebounding is 60% or more effort and at the most 40% skill. Rodman had great physical ability but it was his effort that made him a great defender and rebounder. There were other guys playing at the time who had just as much if not more ability than him, but none put forth more of a desire to give their body up for the rebound. That is why I loved Rodman's game and that is why I didn't like Durant off of yesterday's performance.

Maxiell as a tweener has to sacrifice his body ever night, even if he is feeling pain, if he is going to be a successful rebounder and more than a fringe player.

:hoops: