Joe D interview by Turkbasket

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mercury, Sep 6, 2005.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

From a European source:

Pistons scout Faruk Akagun has a blog at turkbasket.com and he writes that Joe Dumars together with John Hammond visited him in Istanbul, stayed three days there, watched some games of Darko, had some good laughs with the players who were there for the tournament like Rebraca, Jaric, Pietrus, Turkcan, Hedo etc. He also said that he called the Magic for Hedo, but Magic refused to talk about a trade.

There were a lot of questions about Darko and Dumars also said that the only thing he tells his coach is that he should win and that it's up to the coach with which players he thinks he can win. He also says that 'you don't play in the NBA to get experience, you play to win'. He says that they will give Darko limited playing time and then see if he can earn somewhat more, but that they won't give him big minutes.

Article needing translation
  2. G-man

G-man Starter

Merc

Nice scoop. That'll raise the hair on the back of some necks. :mad2:
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

JFYI, I am working on a translation.
  4. roscoe36

JFYI 2,

It's damn near impossible to get a turkish translation.

Sorry. I have the cleaned up text lifted from the page if anyone wants to try.
  5. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Personally I Don't Care Who Saunders Plays

as long as the Pistons can win another title.
  6. bcultral

bcultral Second Round Draft Pick

translations

freetranslation.com
  7. roscoe36

Thanks. I spent an hour last night looking for a Turk -> English translator (and I consider myself an internet searching expert). There quite simply are none. One has to pay for a human translation service.

We've also got some translation tools in the Resource Links area at the bottom of the forum. I will add this one.
  8. Tyskillz

Tyskillz First Round Draft Pick

Well said Buddah!!! Although I do truly want DMC to at least get some playing time, just so we can all know the truth for ourselves and if needed we may be actually able to call upon him.... With that said the numero uno priority for any REAL Detroit Pistons fan is another NBA World Championship!!! Development and all that stuff is cool but still secondary....
  9. Ambidex

Ambidex Second Round Draft Pick

I like it

Saying things the way Joe did, seems like he still is forcing Darko to become a man and play for the team and the team only. Glad to see he will at least get some to see what he can do with them. I think anything you see out of him early you take with a grain of salt. Let him get used to consistent time, and then after the 3rd-5th game, then you let the judging begin
  10. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Totally agree

As long as all the players are given a fair chance to contribute, I will be happy. I hope Flip comes in with no preconceptions about anyone and lets them earn their minutes. I also hope that they are given to enough chance to show what they are good at and what they are bad at so that coach will have a good feeling about who goes where and when on this team. And that includes letting them play through their mistakes.

Seems like that is the way to show up for the playoffs with the best seed and a rested, cohesive team that is ready for all comers.