Joe D. On Pistons fans and Detroit fans, being jaded

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Feb 9, 2008.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

I think we all have looked at the past on this subject more than enough.

Its time to let it go and move on.

Besides us revisiting this topic Ad Nauseam doesn't help the Pistons players learn from it.

:hoops:

2. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Are the Piston players really reading this?

Besides...I don't think you are the arbiter of which topics should be discussed.

3. buddahfan

I never said it shouldn't be discussed.

What I said is that I think it has been over discussed and we should just let it go.

The first is an order
    The second is how I feel about it.

There is a difference.

4. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

We won;'t stop talkingabout this until we get our new obsession. Before it was Darko. Darko darko darko....ad nauseum. Now its bench bench bench.

Its not to late to banter over this since we still have a shot at winning and so the same faults are relevant to fans. Once we break up the team and move in another direction, then it would be too late and any talk of what we had or didn't have years ago would be pointless.

like darko. pointless now.

5. buddahfan

The bench is playing.

There are now 10 guys in the rotation with AJ and AA not yet full time but just situational. Maxey, Stuckey and Hayes are all full time in the rotation. AJ will get there when he gets there as he gets stronger and his defense continues to improve. AA will continued to be use in special situations because of his defense.

So I am not sure what people want that is not nitpicking. Samb on the team. I think not.

The Aryn bomber and Primo playing. I sure hope not.

Hunter is the playoffs. Very good in limited key defensive situations

Murray is history.

6. max

max All-Star

Many of us responded to this thread under the orginial question of why are Piston fans not as excited about this team as they used to be or how the Palace staff think they should be. Sometimes people take posts mid-thread and run with it but in this case one has to consider the original question.

7. buddahfan

I interpreted the original FREEP article and Parker's article differently than you.

The way I read it is that the two articles were saying that Pistons fans should be more supportive of the team, which is not the same as getting excited about the team, regardless of how well they play.

Also that the Pistons fans have become spoiled and anything less than championship every year is unacceptable.

That the fans should love the team win or lose and not just if they win a championship.

Finally that the fans have come to have an unrealistic expectation of what the team will accomplish each year.

8. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Hamilton and Billups each make 10 million per season. Tay is at 9 million this year and Sheed is over 13 million. Dice will make almost 7 million in 2007-2008. For that kind of money, I just lost interest in continual 50 win seasons. I think that everybody just realizes that this team will draw fans, win 50 games, and lose another playoff series that shoulda been won...........I'd feel better if the effort level day in and day out were higher.:) Just have no idea why it's not.........

9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Pistons are 36-13, 2nd best record in the entire NBA. The young guys are playing and the product is becoming more exciting every day. Rob Parker is correct. Detroit Piston fans don't appreciate how good they've got it.

10. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

You stick with a team in bad times too...thats the idea...