1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Joe-D really missed the boat on Spencer Hawnes, didn't he?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Jan 7, 2012.

1. blueadams

blueadams Banned - Sent to NBDL

hawnes just turned 23. big men take time to develop.

2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

How old is Hawes? :)

3. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I think they're the same age.

4. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Obviously, but you don't expect a guy who has been in the league 4 mediocre years, playing over 300 games, to break out overnight. You certainly don't throw a ton of money at him, cross your fingers, and hope because he's big and relatively young he'll be 50X the player than he has shown to this point. I'm just saying that in this particular case, you're asking Joe Dumars to be clairvoyant. Blame Joe for MANY other things (he deserves plenty of it), but this is just 20/20 hindsight. Sure, you'd hope that maybe one of our scouts saw something that would indicate his breakout year this year, but NO GM saw it. Otherwise, he wouldn't have had to accept a 1 year / $4M dollar deal.

Either way, this next offseason would be the one to go after him since he will actually be unrestricted (and now he has shown he can actually play). Though I don't think I need to warn Pistons fans about contract-year wonders, who drop-off right after signing that big contract (Looking at you, CV, BG, and Maxiell).

5. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

This post kinda made me think of Stuckey for some reason. :)

6. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Stuckey's been in the league 4 years?

7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm pretty sure he's just a rookie.

8. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Well, you certainly got that off your chest.

I suspect it comes down to a modified outlook of mythical connections: GM's that grew up from attitudinal outlooks on whether they looked down, up-wards or just plan sideways. How would you place JD?

In all things, you need a balance and the more volatile of times, the greater dependency of retreat toward past comfort levels.

In a sense, everything now is all push, instead of pull (which has a remembrance of the complicated perceptions of only problems not recognized and if so, my conscience yields).

This organization (with an ownership of battle-ground scars) has some historical adaptation on what organizational wars are all about: for Gores, it should be obvious that a quick elimination of what is constantly visible tempers layers that remain hidden. In the end, to solve problems, know your myths.

http://complexityleadership.wikispaces.com/file/view/Hazy - Leading Large 09-28-07 FINAL 2-pager.pdf.

9. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

It could be worse. Kwame has been in the league for ten years and yet, he is only twenty-nine!

Give Stuckey more room!

This makes me feel good...all over.

Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
    Jeffrey 'The Dude' Lebowski, The Big Lebowski (1998)

linwood and Walter like this.