Joe should go after Amare

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Stuckey.And1, Feb 6, 2009.

1. AI IS GOD

AI IS GOD Second Round Draft Pick

Not sure yet, but thats what they reporting...

Anyway, how can people leak information of their club to the internet like this?????

I am believing it, because everybody else on other forums are quoting that place as well
  2. AI IS GOD

I apologise if source is not reliable. But I believed it, coz on many different forums Suns fans are finding it true. Cant be its same person discussing to himself on different forums.

Here is the not 100 % source..

RealGM • View topic - terry porter fired
  3. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

The All Star game is in Phoenix. I highly doubt Porter is going to be fired atleast not this week. The league is not going to want something like that distracting from the All Star game weekend.
  4. markie8002000

markie8002000 First Round Draft Pick

He never came back in a while so we will have to wait it seems... he loses a connection in Phoenix if someone loses positon there.
  5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I'm not saying Chandler is fantastic, but if we can get him without giving up too much, then do it. He's having a down year, but he is big, he can play center, and has shown he can rebound.

He's quick and a good pick and roll defender and can finish around the rim. His post defense can use some work. And the injuries do make me hesitate, but he fills a need.

The Hornets suck and he is literally their only big man playing next to undersized David West. I think put him on the Pistons and he can at the very least perform up to the level he did prior in NO, and in the PO's against SAS.

Offense is not the major problem IMO. We need someone that plays in the paint defensively that is a center.
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

He's not. He's basically a larger, more injury prone version of Amir.
  7. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

But he can put up the rebound #'s which means our slow to the party coach will play him. And really Amir is great; the more Amir's the merrier.
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That I can agree with. Like Amir, Chandler isn't much of an offensive player. Most of his scoring it off of rebounds, alley oops, and spoon feeding. Chandler is a good defensive player who needs to play with a good PG and another big with some finesse.

Sheed/Chandler would be a good duo.
  9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Agent: Amaré wants a say in trade

10. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

If Amare thinks he's a Max player then he's a fool.... he might get it, but he's not one. A very good player yes, all star yes, but to be a max player you need to be somebody that is a game changer and able to take games over all alone... His offense is only as good as the PG spoon feeding him, and I have yet to see him dominate a MIN on def..... let alone a game.

I would argue he's the 3rd best player on his team behind an old Nash, and an ancient Shaq.

Saying that if he would sign a fair extension first I'd take him on our team. Then sign Okur this summer (isn't he a free agent this year?) Okur plays outside on offense to take the sheed spot, and lets Amare operate inside alone like he wants, while Okur on the def boards lets Amare roam abit.
  11. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

a little OT, but did anyone see Okur mocking Kobe's dance in the Lakers/Jazz game? He did it after he nailed a 3 to essentially win the game. Funniest thing ever! He should refrain from dancing at all times.
  12. AI IS GOD

13. max

max All-Star

What is max for him anyway? Can't be much more than what he is getting now.
  14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The big deal about the max isn't it's nominal value. It's how much of the cap it consumes. IIRC, it can be as much as 35% of the cap (don't quote me on that).

Second table

NBA Salary Cap FAQ

It is 30%. On one player. With a minimum 12 more spots (13 total) to fill.
  15. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

16. AI IS GOD

The name of cleveland is coming up lately. But if Detroit is offering AI/Sheed + Amir + 1st round draft pick, cleveland have no match for it.

Paxson resigning means he didnt get the Amare deal IMO. Just my opinion.
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

What if we just used our 2 first round draft picks to trade up in the draft? How high of a pick have teams traditionally been able to get with that strategy? Can you trade a #22 and a #26 for a #10?

Say we go for a total rebuild, including a tanked season next year to fully develop all of the youth + our new draft pick.

Or we could just keep both the picks and hope for quality picks like Stuck or Afflalo, except at the 3 and 5 spots.

I guess my fear is that we spring for a guy like Amar'e and it turns out that it isn't quite enough to get us to the promised land. Since every other competitor out there has a top player that they got as a top 10 draft pick, I wonder if we need to go that route too.
  18. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Kerr becoming both the GM and coach is such a boneheaded move. If he operates like in that capacity for a couple of years that it would take Phoenix 10 years to recover from it.
  19. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

20. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Bah Gawd! His agent says that Amare thinks he's worth the max!

What an ass!