Joe should go after Amare

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Stuckey.And1, Feb 6, 2009.

1. markie8002000

markie8002000 First Round Draft Pick

Here is a couple trades i thought of

Rasheed Wallace and Amir Johnson and a Draft Pick

For Amare Stoudmire

Or

Rasheed Wallace Jason Maxiell and a Draft Pick

For Amare Stoudmire

These are a couple trades that Joe could be talking to Kerr about but you never know whats happening.
  2. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I would think joe would get some type of extension going with Stoudemaire so he would not bolt after June 2010.
  3. Jumpman313G

Jumpman313G First Round Draft Pick

I think Rasheed, Amir, and a 1st round draft pick is the best we can offer, which is not much compared to what I herd the Blazers would give up for him.:reading:
  4. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I don't know about that. I think Stoudemire's contract works out perfectly with Detroit because it expires in 2010. If Stoudemire doesn't fit in, his salary comes off the table and we are major players in free agent class of '10.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Sheed is pretty valuable for them, because he will give them a change to still be good this year, but he is a big expiring contract in 40 games or so. Cash is cash.
  6. AI IS GOD

AI IS GOD Second Round Draft Pick

They are looking to extend steve Nash contract

Nash fights negative perception of his play

I am not sure what Suns are doing. Building around Amare for the future is the wise thing to do. Instead they are looking to trade him
  7. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Kerr "rose" to the bottom of the GM rankings, and it only took him a year to do it.
  8. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

We need to take advantage of their stupidity while we can. Extending Nash and basically blowing up the rest of the team make no sense especially when Nash has shown how ineffective he is in the half court. Either commit to running or don't.

There's an article where Amare talks, and he sounds like he knows he's gone. He also has a quote about how "He knows wherever he goes, they will be a PO team because of what he brings" Self confidence or delusion? I can't decide.
  9. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

PHX wants LaMarcus Aldridge, but Blazers aren't stupid. It's arguable that LaMarcus plays more defense.
  10. AI IS GOD

Where could Amare go? | Fanster.com - All Sports. All Phoenix.
  11. Jewelz0376

Jewelz0376 First Round Draft Pick

Pretty much every article I've read is saying Amir and Sheed for Amare...and I honestly can't see why the Suns would do that trade...with some of the other offers they're rumored to be getting...maybe if we add a draft pick that would help, but I just don't see us landing Amare..
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

They would possibly do it because Sheed is helpful this year and he is a big expiring contract. Amir's contract is reasonable, he plays defense, and could be useful offensively with a running style.
  13. detteam

detteam All-Star

I wondered what Kerr was thinking with the Marion trade and hiring Porter but have come to realize he's just like Joe. They're sorta puppets worked on golden purse strings stretched ever-tighter by wealthy owners feeling crushed by the economy cuz their net worth is falling to very dangerous levels...some of them might be under $1B already. The rich don't stay rich by being nice guys...fans are the last concern.
  14. theWORM

theWORM First Round Draft Pick

Anyone care to remember the pre-joe dumars era? No really. Let's take a trip down memory lane. Just don't expect me or many others to follow you.

Joe had to deal with the defection of Allan Houston AND Grant Hill, and turned a disjointed group of vagabond veterans into a competitive team in a very short period of time, and then PATIENTLY built it into a team that dominated for a staggering length of time. Kerr just got into the business and had the unenviable task of either keeping something together that kept falling short, or trying to make a change to get them over the hump. How on earth you can put in the same category is beyond me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but by trading Marion for Shaq the Suns committed equal if not MORE money over a LONGER period of time. Translation: the trade of Marion was NOT a cost cutting measure.

Exceeding the cap only makes sense when the odds are heavily stacked in your favor to win it all, and continue be stacked in your favor up until the majority of contracts expire or thereabouts. Joe has walked the line and done so very well, although I feel that some extra dollars spent on strengthening the bench MAY have paid dividends in the form of another championship or at least another finals appearance. That being said it is easy to speculate, and we will never really know.

Recent history is replete with GM's and owners who threw obscene amounts of money at a roster, only to either not make the playoffs or fall short when it counted. Keeping both an owner and his bank balance healthy, and the fans happy at the same time, is a real and rare talent. Joe has demonstrated this talent in abundance consistently throughout his tenure thus far.
  15. Stuckey.And1

Stuckey.And1 First Round Draft Pick

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

17. AI IS GOD

18. AI IS GOD

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=11488
  19. AI IS GOD

Amare talks heating up - CBSSports.com

20. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

I don't understand the Suns doing this. Shaq is the player to get rid of. He won't be around much longer. I realize he is playing well this season but he is not a long-term investment.

Getting Stoudemire would be a HUGE mistake, I think. Just what we need, another finesse player trying to make it in the rough-and-tumble Eastern Conference.