Joe should go after Amare

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Stuckey.And1, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Just for the record...being a 4-time all-star is pretty good, man....I'm not so sure that's something I'd put an 'only' in front of.
  2. Tyskillz

Tyskillz First Round Draft Pick

Actually although Rip doesn't shot a high volume of treys he's been pretty solid from behind the 3pt stripe for us. Not to mention since coming off the bench for us he's been looking for the shot even more often, and has been helping spread the court and making defenses play us more honest when he arrives in the game. When Stuck & Allen are on the perimeter it's easy for opponents to wisely assume to play them for the drive, thus they zone up (Houston started the game in a freckin zone against us) or just lay off giving them the jumper.
  3. Tyskillz

AGREED, some (haters) might even say Ben didn't deserve that many trips to the all star game although we know he earned every trip and Detroit's dominance helped... Regardless 4 appearances is clearly nothing to sneeze at!!!
    By the way to be honest with ourselves Tay has had as much to do with his all-star non-elections as anyone... I'm sorry his production and knack for not showing up against upper echelon SF's like pierce & james is just NOT all-star worthy. This season was probably one of Tay's best chances to prove he belonged in the all-star game since more offense and production has been requested from him since Chaunc left... Sadly it just doesn't seem like it's in him, just my humble opinion.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

What, are Fabio and Alfalfa chopped liver? Those dudes can score the ball deeply.
  5. Jewelz0376

Jewelz0376 First Round Draft Pick

Yea I agree with with a few people here... If the goal was to have cap space for 2010 why not get one of those players now instead of waiting...because it seems like EVERY team is trying to clear cap for 2010..Also most of the time these big name free agents end up resigning with their own team...Det might as well try to get one of this big name free agents now instead of waiting when they're in competition with way more teams..

Amare imo is the same kind of player as Bosh except that Bosh better because he is a better rebounder..but other then that I like having a player down low that AI and Stuck can dish too that will finish strong EVERYTIME...we have to get a player that will help get us some easy baskets/pts in the paint/free throws...and Amare does this.

The only other thing that worries me is that hopefully we can Matt Barnes packaged with him like AIG's article says because if we lose Sheed that will be our best 3 point shooter gone and we will have even less people to spread the floor...Barnes can spread the floor with his shooting, he can backup tay, and he is a decent defender...
  6. Pwn Toney

1st...you have to consider how long Amare is under contract for, because that's exactly how long you're going to have him before he signs somewhere else.

Next:

Wade will NEVER sign to play in the D....NEVER.

See above comment regarding Wade.

Most feasible. Probably even a better long term fit than Amare, even if there are a lot of obstacles.

IF this were to happen, Brad Miller is a stiff and Chandler MIGHT be ok with coming here depending on how little he gets offered from other teams because he sure isn't going to fill his bank account on Bill Davidson's dime.

Why in the world would we waste good cash on Diet Rasheed Wallace? Beyond that we're left to resigning the Jarvis Hayeses of the world

This is the funniest option. I don't think Joe will be making any more trips to Serbia in the near (or far) future. Besides, I'm curious why we would trade Hamilton for Kapono of all people....that's kind of like trading prime rib for a bowl of cereal that doesn't even come with the milk. Lastly, I see no point in trying to get Richard Jefferson...hell, the only player he dominates would be on the same team....go figure...:noidea:
  7. Tyskillz

Amen to that... It's the very reason why we couldn't beat phoenix Sunday night and almost gave 1 away to milwaukee the night before... Flat out couldn't stop those suckers for anything, a terrible trend on the horizon to say the least! Not to mention the reason d'antoni & don nelson will not have any championship rings for coaching anytime soon either...
  8. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

I felt like he could have been it in more in my opinion.
  9. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

That last option was meant to be a joke. I:laugh:
  10. Pwn Toney

I thought so...it was funny, but I had to make sure......others have posted stranger things...:cheers:
  11. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I agree. Prince has never been an all star caliber player IMO. A good solid player, but not on the elite level.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Let's just assume coach K knows a little something about bball.

That is how coaches view Tay.
  13. markie8002000

markie8002000 First Round Draft Pick

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Well, right now he gets off 40% of his shots in the first 10 seconds of the shot clock. He's an up-tempo player and might not fit in here.
  15. Tyskillz

We all know Tay is a good solid player with multiple skills and nice intangibles, that can't be denied... But he just does not consistently play at an all-star level, not to mention his production is only that of a bench player or role player, just NOT an all star... I'm sorry. When you realistically look at it and not from a homer perspective I think most know he hasn't truly earned all-star status... Yet...
  16. Tyskillz

By the way I think most nba coaches view a guy by the way they vote, and they have neglected to vote him to any all star teams as of yet... That says a lot!
  17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Too true Ty. Folks will say all sorts of politically correct things. But when it comes time to vote....

Is Tay better than Battier? Or Artest? Maybe Battier, but not better than Psycho Ron.
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

How many coach votes did he get?
  19. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Barnes and Amare for Sheed/ Amir and a 1st round pick? I would do that. Barnes would replace the 3 pt shooting we would lose in Sheed. Barnes can also rebound. The only draw back is that we get even worse defensively.
  20. Tyskillz

We do need better shooting on this club, not to mention we've been needing a legit backup at the SF spot for Tay for the longest time... I don't think he's had an adequate backup since good ole Big Nasty left town...