Joey Harrington

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Buckeyes#1, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Two questions. Do you think he will get booed tomorrow and do you think he will have a good game?

I say he will get booed tomorrow by the majority and I also think he will have a decent game. I think it will be extremely hard for him to contain his enthusiasm when he throws his first td against the Lions. He will be walking off the field on a four game winning streak, very content, and the fans will be doing their fire Millen chant. Joey won't be able to wipe the smile off his face thinking about how he escaped that loser of a franchise. Hate to say that cause I have been following them for 40 years. I'm just sick of the whole mess.

On Around The Horn today, the host asked if the NFL should continue to allow the Lions to have their thanksgiving day game. Jay Mariotti said the Lion's shouldn't even be allowed to play in the NFL. :gun1: :hoops: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :( :( :( :( :yellowprison: :yellowprison: :yellowprison: :yellowprison: :yellowprison: :yellowprison: :yellowprison: :yellowprison: :yellowprison:
  2. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I think Joey will get a mixed reaction at first. Some boo's and some cheers. I think Joey will play good enough for Miami to win. I think the Lions will stink up the place and the fans will turn and start cheering for Joey in protest by the 2nd quarter. With Jones being hurt and the defensive front four not healthy I don't see the Lions putting up much of a fight.

As far as the Thanksgiving game. They tried to yank the game from them last year and Ford Sr. protested. I think that if the Lions don't get there act together they could be forced out. It is all about the advertising dollars and the Lions are a ratings loser. Ford Motor Company is hanging on by a thread so they don't have the money to throw around and buy up the advertising slots to keep the Lions on TV. If we get embrassed again for a 3rd year in a row the game will be pulled from the Lions and it will go to a rotating format.
  3. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think he'll get about 85% boos and 15% cheers. But the boos will be much, much louder.

I think he'll have an ok day. 1 TD and 1 INT by his old buddy Dre Bly.
  4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

3 TDs, 1 int, and a 27 to 10 road victory. Plus rumors that Millen will be fired. Good job Joey.
  5. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Could very well be the defining moment in Harringtons career if he is able to get Millen Fired....That would make Joey a Pro Bowler in my book
  6. Buckeyes#1

Just read where the Toronto Argonauts just obtained exclusive negotiation rights to Joey Harrington. I guess Miami released him a couple of weeks ago. Somehow I missed that story.
  7. jammertime

Yeah and David Carr, the #1 pick in that draft, just got released as well. The #5 pick Quinten Jammer, although his last name is great, hasn't lived up to expectations either. Only Julius Peppers at #2 has lived up to his billing from the top 5 of the 2002 draft.
  8. Buckeyes#1

This may sound unconventional, but this is the very reason why I am in favor of trading our pick for a proven veteran. Too much of a crap shoot. And we usually end up with doo doo on our shoes. Let somebody else gamble it away. If there is a risk, the Lions will find it.
  9. jammertime

I agree man. That's my modus operandi in Madden. :)

Trade my draft picks for proven players. Then when the player starts getting old, trade him for draft picks. Turn those draft picks into more proven players. Repeat.
  10. linwood

linwood All-Star

While I was in Portland for the Pistons game, I talked to several locals about Joey Harrington. My Detroit gear seemed to open up this conversation: "Detroit, huh? I don't think the Lions ever gave Harrington a fair shot... they needed better__________."

Seems the former Duck is still wildly popular in his hometown. People in Oregon are going to be crushed!
  11. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

The guy should be a mini ledgend in Miami, we went on the road and beat an undefeated Bears team. Thus extending the champane flow for the Perfect Season team.
  12. Buckeyes#1

Joey has all the luck except on the field. He goes to Miami and Cullpepper gets injured. Then he goes to Atlanta and will probably be given the starting role again. He's like a cat for two reasons. They have nine lives. Also, cats are pretty useless.
  13. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    He's proven time and time again that he just doesn't have it. But teams keep giving him second chances.
  14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

He's a quality backup.
  15. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

Charlie Batch is a quality Backup. Joey is worse. He's more like Drew Stanton.:stirthepot:
  16. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    We don't know anything about Drew Stanton at this point other than he's injury prone and that Martz made him change everything he does with the ball.
    :lecturer:
  17. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

Drew Stanton was asked to change because he isn't a very accurate thrower. Kinda like Joey... I Don't expect much from Drew during his Lions career.
  18. Buckeyes#1

Me either, which is sad cause we paid such a high price for nothing. Unbelieveable. Ticks me off. Please, bring in someone with proven intelligence, ok? Is that too much to ask? How long do we have to endure this crap?
  19. jammertime

20. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That gives Joey about 1-2 weeks left as a starter before Byron takes over.